Waterpik Waterflosser Cordless PLUS
There is a newer version of this item:
- Dental water jet is clinically proven to be up to 93-percent more effective than flossing for improved gum health
- Orthodontic tip is three times as effective as floss for plaque removal
- Advanced ergonomic design with non-slip grip and easy-fill reservoir
- Dual pressure control system for gentle-to-deep cleaning
- Rechargeable device requires no batteries
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The WP 450 is clinically proven to be up to twice as effective as string floss at improving gum health. View larger.
Click here for a detailed comparison.
Finally, there is an easier, more effective alternative to string floss: the Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP 450. The WP 450 is ideal for those who don't like to floss, as well as for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, or periodontal pockets. Water flossing for about a minute a day conveniently and comfortably removes up to 99.9% of plaque from treated areas and gently massages the gums to improve overall oral health. The WP 450 is clinically proven to be up to twice as effective as string floss at improving gum health, and three times as effective as string floss for cleaning plaque and debris around braces.
Four Unique Tips Clean in Specialized Ways
Offering four unique tips: the Plaque Seeker Tip, the Classic Jet Tip, the Orthodontic Tip, and the Tongue Cleaner, the WP 450 thoroughly cleans your whole mouth.
The Plaque Seeker Tip removes plaque in hard-to-reach areas around implants, crowns, bridges and other dental work. For healthier gums, the Classic Jet Tip reaches below the gumline to keep your mouth healthy.
Those who wear braces will appreciate the Orthodontic Tip--it's three times as effective as floss when it comes to removing plaque around braces. And the Tongue Cleaner removes bacteria from your tongue to help freshen breath.
Dual Water Pressure Control System
With the WP 450's dual water pressure control system, you can personalize your water pressure intensity. Choose either a gentle or more powerful pressure to meet your needs. The WP 450 uses a unique combination of water pressure and pulsations to massage and stimulate gums, removing plaque deep between teeth and below the gumline where traditional brushing and flossing can't reach.
Rechargeable Design Provides Flexibility
The cordless, rechargeable design of this WP 450 lets you walk away from the charger for maximum mobility and convenience. Never worry about batteries running out. Simply recharge the unit between uses. In addition, the WP 450's improved shape takes up less space on the bathroom countertop, and an advanced, ergonomic handle with non-slip grip fits securely in your hand.
Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP 450 is backed by a two-year warranty.
About Water Pik, Inc. : Treat Yourself Better
Since 1962, Water Pik, Inc. has been a leader in developing and manufacturing innovative personal and oral health care products. Over the years, Water Pik has acquired more than 500 patents, maintaining a steadfast commitment to developing innovative products that enable people to treat themselves better. Waterpik brand products are recognized for their award-winning design and technology.
With the number-one recommended Water Flosser, Waterpik is one of the most trusted oral-health brands of dental professionals throughout the world. The company is committed to developing products that not only enhance the health and well-being of customers, but also conserve water and energy.
What's in the Box
One Waterpik Cordless Plus Water Flosser WP 450; four unique tips: one Plaque Seeker Tip, one Classic Jet Tip, one Orthodontic Tip, and one Owner's Manual; and Quick Start Guide.
Top Customer Reviews
I really need this thing so I decided to look into it and found that the battery in each case was fine. What happens is that the connector on the charging cable gradually deteriorates. This might be due to getting wet repeatedly combined with corrosion and deposits. The inside of the female part of the connector gets get eaten away and actually gets larger in diameter. The electrical connection deteriorates and finally becomes unusable. As a result the battery no longer gets recharged.
I found that the "AdaptaPlug" connector system available at Radio Shack has the same pin diameter and pin spacing. By whittling some plastic away I made a better connector from the Radio Shack parts and now the Waterpiks work like new.
The part numbers of the Radio Shack connectors needed are:
I then bought the Panasonic EW-1270AC. This was fine for travel but it had allot of problems like the water cap always falling off, water leaking out when you needed to store it in the suitcase(always had to keep it in a zip loc bag to prevent the remaining water that was always there even after emptying in sink), the tip always falling on the floor as the way it was to be stored should have held the tip better. Allot of germs on the floor. Plus the batteries were not rechargeable. So even after reading the reviews on the new Waterpik Cordless Dental Jet I bought one. For the life of me I could not understand why so many negative and mediocre reviews on this unit. But I figure it could not be that bad as it was the number one seller of cordless water jets. Here is a little contrast and compare on the reviews and my unit the WP-450 Ultra;
1. It is so loud it will wake anyone sleeping. Coffee grinder loud!
** Yes I guess it is loud as it is near you ear while using! But not that loud to me(i.e.Read more ›
Regarding the charging not working after a few months (as many people have complained about), the other reviewer here correctly explained the issue (the contact points stop contacting the cord to receive the charge). The other reviewer suggested getting a different charging cord that had a tighter fit, but the solution I found was just use a bobby pin to clean off the funk that builds on the charging tips on the device. Its a poor design, being "level" the water can accumulate there & build deposits on the tips, preventing the charge from transferring. Just clean off the charging tips so the juice can flow across, easy fix.
1) The battery charge interval is outstanding. I use the unit twice a day on average, and I can go more than three weeks between charges. Each use of the unit drains the fully filled reservoir. I let the battery completely discharge through use, then fully recharge on the charger overnight for more than 12 hours.
2) Rerservoir size, on full power setting, is more than adequate to fully irrigate for me. I find no issues with the size.
3) Jet Power, has two settings. I use the full power setting, and it seems to have enough power with a fairly strong jet. When I first started using the Ultra, I had to start on the low setting due to gum sensitivity.
4) The unit has a tapered area that makes it easy to hold. Also, the tank design weighs the unit such that it is comfortable to the hand.
5) Construction quality seems good, with quality plastics. It is made in China.
6) Corrosion at recharge terminal. The terminal socket has pins that are gold plated. Even though it gets wet during use, there is no corrosion in the terminal socket, as would be expected from gold plated pins.
7) Power on/off switch reliability. This is a slider switch, and it gets wet during use. It does not appear to be water proof by way of external examination. However, it is working fine after 6 months, and doesn't appear to be suffering any degradation.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A GREAT PORTABLE MACHINE BUT IT HAS A VERY SHORT LIFE SPAN.
I had to buy a fixed water flosser/ water pick
However , I would highly recommend it for travelling .
Unfortunately power supply is different from previous model which I used. Otherwise excellent productPublished 8 days ago by TG
I works great. I have to keep it plugged in all the time for maximum water flow.Published 17 days ago by Richard King
My dentist is finally happy. I was surprised how well it works and how clean my mouth feels. And it's cordless design is great for travel situations.Published 19 days ago by PureEnergy
Easy to use, CORDLESS, I love it! Seller delivered in record time @ a great price!Published 20 days ago by Merrill
Absolutely LOVE my water flosser!!!! It makes it so much easier for me to floss with my braces on!Published 20 days ago by Marinda