Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 4, 2006
My first waterpik lasted 7 years. As a replacement, my wife picked up a Conair Interplak. What a piece of junk. I had to point it at my hand to see if it was moving any water.

Saw this on Amazon and bought it. WOW. Hopefully this will last 7 years like the first. Nice strong jet. No doubt that its cleaning along the gum line. The pause button does take a little force to hold down. Not one cavity in seven years since I began using a water jet.
---------------------------------------
After 3 months of use, it started leaking at the little rubber grommet at bottom of water tank. Will be calling WaterPik to get a replacement tank or grommet. Still no doubt that this little baby is getting the gum line clean. Waterpik replaced the tank grommet without hassel.
----------------------------------------
January 2009 - Still going strong after almost 3 years.
------------------------------
May 2010 - Still going after 4-1/2 years. Money well-spent.
229 helpful votes
230 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 19, 2016
The waterpik system is great for improving oral hygiene. I feel like this system really keeps my teeth and gums clean between dental cleanings. It provides that deep clean feeling I get after visiting the dentist. It removes all traces of plaque as the water gets between the teeth where it can be difficult to floss. My cleaning appointments at the dentist don't take as long now and my dentist has been impressed.

I was worried about ordering this since I have sensitive gums but the waterpik does not irritate my gums at all. I really like that there are different levels and I can choose which one feels right for me.

It is very easy to set up and use.

Overall this is a really great system. I really enjoy using it and would recommend it!
on March 3, 2017
The Waterpik is an easy instrument to use. The best benefit is that you are removing biofilm and food from the areas in between your teeth to help prevent periodontal disease. It is easy to use and you have to remember to lean over the sink and turn it on after you have placed it in your mouth. It is safe use with orthodontic appliances, implants and as part of your oral hygiene care regime.
0Comment|Report abuse
I bought this when my old Waterpik bit the dust after 15 years. This one looks nice, and is fairly compact, and has a good range of spray pressures. Note that, on the advice of my dentist, I fill mine with a little salt and warm water. However, after a week of doing so with this machine, adding the salt directly to the water, it clogged up, and I had to spend quite a while cleaning it and flushing the lines with hot water. Since then, I've dissolved the salt in hot water before adding it to the Waterpik, and it's been working fine for a month. I'm planning to order some extra piks, because the problem with my old one is that the pik broke, and I can't replace it, because the old size is different from the new ones. Just something to consider if you order this.
on February 9, 2015
Bought in April 2013. It slowly died in February 2015. I turned it on, the motor started, and the rpm slowly went down to zero. It was not the switch. I couldn't check more.

I bought this to replace a unit I had from the 1970s (or before). It was still working. I bought this because it looked prettier. I now wish I had kept the old one. Sadly, I simply discarded it--I can't keep everything. Since the Waterpik idea is so good, I guess I will just have to buy another one. I will check around first to see if there are close competitors.

There are smaller things I didn't like. The shape of the plastic nozzle seemed not as good. I heated it some, bent it some, and it was much better. Also, it leaked a little out the bottom when using, so that there was a little puddle under it when I turned it off. This is really not a problem--water on counter surface is common. I haven't researched Waterpik. My guess is that they are a very big American company that has a very good product idea and that grew to be very large. If so, they have no excuse for not doing a lot of research to improve their product. My experience with this one is that they made it worse.

And there is another thing about the design. The nozzle and nozzle handle, at the end of the plastic hose, did not fit well into the holder after use. After a while, the plastic connector on the end of the hose popped out of the handle. As near as I could tell, it was designed to snap back it. But it wouldn't stay in well. I put a heavy rubber band around it and that worked until the motor died.
on March 8, 2014
I invested in this along with the DentistRx Intellisonic toothbrush. Having gone thru 12 years('87 - '99) of periodontal surgeries, cleanings, etc and spent enough money then to buy a new car, I have been a teeth cleaning fanatic with manual toothbrushes, floss, and proxy brushes. Recent visits to the dentist revealed a few "pockets" deepening a bit. The Water Pik and above toothbrush were recommended to be bought. Did so and I can tell in a month's use, my teeth are "squeaky clean" and more food debris is coming out in the rinse. This basic machine works! Read the instructions, prime the pump, use warm water, and let the machine do the work! Go along all gum lines and then between tooth gaps and see what you get. I kept flossing and then did the Water Pik and got even more out! The machine works well if you let it do its job and take your time going around each tooth. Don't be like me and get to use all these upgraded instruments after the dental procedures. Buy now and use it daily and save yourself a lot of money before you get periodontal disease.
on August 20, 2012
The Waterpik flosser is wonderful for dental care. I use a low power to flush out debris and then a high power for removing plaque. The Waterpik at high speed seems to pulverize plaque, which then can be rinsed or brushed away. I am expecting a very good checkup by my dental hygienist.

I discovered an additional use for the Waterpik that I was thinking of patenting until I wrote this review -- now all of you will know about it. I save one of the tips for back-flushing sprinkler heads from my irrigation system when they get clogged. I previously spent about $18 a month replacing sprinkler heads and now I just clean them and re-install them.
on January 18, 2013
I had a Waterpik in high school that I got because I had braces. I continued to use it after I got them off until my brother helped himself to it when he moved out. Fast-forward quite a few years to now. I brush and floss but felt like my teeth just weren't as clean as they should be so I bought this Waterpik. It is still basically the same as my old one except this one has a lot more power and comes with a tongue cleaner. It is so perfect! I drink a fruit smoothie for breakfast in the morning and a kale smoothie at night. I use it twice a day after smoothie time and this thing blasts out all of the little fruit and vegetable bits hiding in my mouth and leaves my teeth sparkling clean. I have it on a middle setting and cannot imagine needing (or being able to stand) a higher setting. They should really consider using that higher setting to mine diamonds. The first few times you use it you will make a big mess until you get a system established. I just hang my head over the sink and blast away until the reservoir is empty. The higher you set the power the quicker you will go through your water. I put a little peroxide in my water for extra cleaning, but you certainly do not have to. The tongue cleaner didn't seem to do much so I only do that once a day. If you have a friend with dragon breath buy them one and tell them that you enjoyed it so much you wanted them to have one, too. It will make both of you happy. Happy cleaning!
on April 16, 2012
So I almost purchased a portable handheld water pik just because I didn't want something taking up my counter space. I am really glad I didn't, after using this model I could only imagine how many times I would have had to refill the portable pik. Anyway, this is a really good product. Tthe size wasn't as bulky as I thought it might be and with the speed I use I can clean all of my teeth with one fill. The reservoir is a good size and the pik itself has various speeds to graduate into. If you have never used a water pik before, be prepared for a messy first experience. This one shoots out water in a pulsing action and they say to set it at its highest speed to prime the unit before each use so you are likely to get sprayed and spray your bathroom while you're at it. By the way, I find that it isn't always necessary to prime the unit at the highest setting. Often times if you have a deep enough sink; gravity will do most of the work for you if you point the pik down into the sink. If you hold the pik higher than the reservoir then it will be necessary to prime at a high setting. The only thing keeping me from giving this 5 stars is the insanely loud tractor noise this thing pumps out. Another person did a pretty comical review of this model and mentioned how loud it was and something about a tractor I think and let me tell you, that reviewer wasn't far from the truth. So don't go flossing your teeth when everyone is in bed. Otherwise I think this was a great buy and have since become addicted to water piking my teeth on a very regular basis.
3 helpful votes
on September 23, 2011
We have had waterpik years ago; it does wonders for your gum bleeding problems and removal of debris not only between your teeth but above your bridged teeth. I'm not a religious flosser but a devout "waterflosser"!!

This newly designed version has a bigger housing than the original ones and the design of the handle is different. After using this newer pik for a while I must point out that you must be careful when turning the tip so as not to press down and eject it!!! The way this newer base is designed where the handle is stored causes the excess water to run out on your sink area, your must be aware of any other electrical devices you might have in the same area.

I love the waterflosser results but this design could be improved in my opinion.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.