Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 13, 2014
I figured out how to turn the shower speaker off and figured i'd share this info with you all
since there appears to be no other instructional aide online specifically for this speaker.

I have had this for months now and absolutely love it.
However people make quick assumptions and rate this speaker poorly because they claim
there was no way to turn the speaker off. When really they simply have not figured out how to turn the device off.
Granted the instructions are limited and there was NO guide on how to turn the device off,
it is actually very simple and this is how you do it.

Step 1- When you are finished using the speaker leave it on, do not push pause.
Go to the device that is transmitting the audio and stop the audio from playing.

Step 2- When the music has stopped playing, go into your transmitting devices blue tooth settings
disconnect the device from blue tooth and turn blue tooth off.

Step 3- Once you have disconnected the device from blue tooth and turned off blue tooth,
you will notice if you look carefully, there is a blue light blinking on the speaker. This indicates the device is
searching for a transmitting blue tooth accessible device. Push and hold the power button on the speaker.
You will hear a sound, like its powering up. This is actually the sound of the speaker trying to pair to another device.
If you press AND HOLD the power button for approximately 6 seconds it will make a powering down sound
and also you will notice it will flash red for a second, then no light will blink.

Step 4-Go to the fridge grab yourself a refreshing beverage and celebrate the fact
that you just mastered the machine in your bathroom.

I hope this is easy enough to follow and for the people that already own the speaker hopefully these instructions
will turn your shower time into a pretty sweet experience.
1313 comments| 431 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Inexpensive, waterproof, Bluetooth and works with my iPhone 5S - has everything I was looking for. I was actually expecting this this shower speaker to be cheaply constructed, but I was impressed when I opened the box. I ordered the hot pink and it is bright!

The suction cup is quite large and it holds well on our glass walls in the shower. Pairing was quite easy. It took a while for my iPhone to find it but it did not require a key or password. While listening to my iTunes, the music comes out loud and clear. No fuzziness or muffled sounds. You can fast skip forward or go back tracks and you actually use the same buttons to increase or decrease the volume. This is where it loses a star. Sometimes instead of fast forwarding to the next track, the music starts blaring. I forget to just tap down to skip, and hold down to increase volume. Wish it had separate volume buttons. Other than that, I love this lil' fellow.

I can't comment on how well the phone works in the shower because I just can't get myself to answer a call while taking a shower. I can imagine it now..."Hey Zulma what are you doing?"......."Ummmmm scrubbing my......" - no thanks. I did test it outside the shower and the mic picked up my voice clearly and I could hear the caller perfectly fine.

My teenage kids love it, I love it, but the only downfall is we spend more time in the shower now.
on May 10, 2014
I bought this device about 3 months ago and charged it the day i got it. I then placed it in my shower and paired it with my android device. It was very easy to do. I've used it about 5 times a week for about 10-15 minutes for the past 3 months and i have yet to charge the battery. The sound quality is not bad, it's as good as you can expect from a device this small. It's able to get louder than most would want or need. I haven't had a single issue with it and it works as advertised. I would definitely recommend this item if you like music in the shower.
on August 23, 2016
I can't say enough good things about this little speaker! I purchased this as a Christmas gift in 2013, and here we are, nearly 3 years later and this little guy is still going strong! We keep this speaker mounted in the shower where it is exposed to daily water spray, and use it every day. It is a consistent performer... It just does what you want it to do, every time. The sound quality is pretty decent considering the price point, and the volume is loud enough to hear your tunes while your head is under water. Is it comparable to our Bose speakers? No. You're not going to get booming bass or crystal clear highs... But for about $10? This thing is awesome!

It holds a charge a LONG time, too... Needing to be topped off about twice a month, at most. My only concerns or complaints? This thing uses a proprietary charger... I would prefer if it had a simple micro USB charger... But after 3 years, the little cord that came with it is still doing its job. I have seen the replacement charger sold here on Amazon as well, so if the time comes, I'm sure it won't be a problem to replace it. Also, the speaker attaches to the shower wall with a suction cup. It hold pretty well against a smooth walled shower enclosure, but might not adhere as well if you have a bumpier tiled enclosure. Even so, occasionally, I will awake in the middle of the night to a loud THUD as the suction cup lets loose and the speaker falls to the floor of the shower. This is no fault of the speaker, but really just to be expected if you're using a three year old suction cup. I'm moving to a new house soon, and I plan to purchase a couple more of these bad boys for the other bathrooms at the new place.
on September 4, 2014
I love this speaker and use it everyday! I see a lot of negative reviews mention that this is not a FRESHeTECH, or they call it a knockoff. I do not see any brand name on the speaker and it probably is not an original, but I did not buy it for a name. All I know is that I have had this speaker for almost a year now and I love it. It sounds good, at least good enough of a sound that I need for a shower. The charge usually last between 3-4 weeks.

The speaker gets good range. Occasionally I have forgotten my phone downstairs when I hop in the shower and it works well for the most part. At times it may cut in and out because of the distance (30ft), but always works perfectly when the phone is within 20 ft. Other reviewers have spoken of the speaker being too quiet. I wonder if they have read the directions to see that they can turn up the volume by holding down the FF button. I cannot have this speaker at full volume because it is too loud for my ears.

I cannot speak to the phone feature. I feel weird talking to somebody while taking a shower. It is kinda like talking to someone while on the toilet, just not appropriate.

I highly recommend this speaker and you just can't beat the price.
on July 27, 2014
This little speaker is very impressive. The sound quality isn't super great, but what do you expect for $20? It is capable of getting more loud then you would probably enjoy in the shower, which is great for when you want to listen to some tunes to wind down or getting pumped up while getting ready to go out for the night. As others has said, it definitely helps to put in in the center of the wall so that the acoustics in the shower work for you.

I've had it for 5 months or so now, and only charged it 3 times or so, even though I use it most times I shower, so battery life is appropriate for the usage. The Bluetooth range is also impressive reaching through multiple walls into the next two rooms over and still going, although honestly that's pretty unnecessary since I only use it in the shower. But it's still nice to have it charging in the bedroom while I'm showering sometimes and have zero connectivity issues. I also just turn on BT on my iphone and start playing music then turn on the speaker, and it syncs up and starts playing automatically, which is nice. I never bother to turn it off either, just turn BT off on my phone, obviously doesn't appear to suck that much extra juice doing it either.
on December 21, 2014
Pros-Can get loud, can control music with buttons on the speaker
Cons-read review

I use this product to play music in the shower, and it has lived up to that expectation but it has some HUGE flaws. Pros first though, this can get loud, you can control the volume from the speaker itself (for best results, turn the volume to max on the device you're streaming from and just control the volume from the speaker). I enjoy being able to pause, skip, stop, etc from the buttons on the device.

Cons-buckle up, here we go
The little rubber nub covering up the charging port fell off within a month, and you absolutely cannot put the nub back where it needs to be, although it hasn't effected the device at all, just a minor complaint
It has a microphone on the speaker so you can answer calls/text people from the device itself. now you might be asking "how can i text using my voice" well what you do is double press the call "phone" button on the device and it activates Siri (I'm using an iPhone) and i say "siri, who called me last, text *insert persons name here* etc etc" so the voice commands are limited to what siri can do. The biggest problem with this is that when you activate the voice feature, there is no stop button. So it beeps, you hear the siri bing, say your command, and then siri picks up the noise of the running shower for 15 additional seconds and it seriously screws with the voice command. If you press the call button again thinking "oh ill just say my command, press the call button and siri will know that I'm done talking, NOPE it will cancel the voice command. So you say what you need to say, press the call button and then it just goes back to your music. So now you have to turn off the shower, press the call button, stand in the cold and say the voice command and HOPE it hears it correctly, press nothing, and wait for siri to decide it wants to work. Its a problem for both the speaker and siri itself
but the BIGGEST problem is the low battery tone, it is the sole reason why i took away 2 stars. So if you have a low battery (which you never know because when i connect my iPhone to the speaker a tiny indicator tells me how much battery life is left and mine always says half health but when i get into the shower 5 minutes later its low battery) it will make 4 VERY AUDIBLE beeps EVERY TEN SECONDS. if you think this is no big deal then play a song right now, go ahead, and every ten seconds through the song, press pause and scream BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP and then start playing the song again. Once again, its every TEN SECONDS. I am an adult, make the boop noise once every ten minutes or so and the neurons in my brain (you know, that big lump of grey matter this company thinks we lack) will fire and say "oh, cool, thanks for letting me know to charge it, after my shower i will charge it" but instead the speaker screams at you and disrupts you music EVERY TEN SECONDS to tell you the battery is low. It makes for a depressing and quick shower as you scramble to hurry up and end it. Also there is an off button (which the instructions don't tell you about) and that is pressing the power button for around 6 or so seconds and it will turn off, but you have to do that EVERY TIME because my speaker sometimes will stay on for 14+ hours. Instead of the device thinking "oh, look at that, no bluetooth connections for 30 minutes, guess ill just turn off" nope, it is so beyond hopeful that someone will connect it will stay on and drain the battery, which you will know about the next time you try using it and hear BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP and realize you don't have enough time to charge it before you step into the shower and that you will have a boring shower. Now you might be sitting here thinking "wow why are you complaining" and that is because i bought this device so i could listen to it in the shower, if that isn't a possibility then its money wasted. It has gotten so bad i have resorted to PERMANENTLY wiring a 25 foot USB extender across my bathroom ceiling and hooking it up to this speaker and waterproofing the cords so i never need to charge it again. I used my hard earned cash so i could listen to music in the shower and this companies short comings will NOT prevent me from doing so
on December 10, 2013
I received the unit about 5 days after ordering it which was well within the time frame they specified. The packaging through me off a little but once I got the product out and tested it I was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked. After spending 10 seconds reading the directions I was able to pair the bluetooth and start playing with it in less than 1 minute. Very straight forward controls and if you have any experience connecting and using bluetooth devices it should be quite easy. Most importantly the suction cup actually works!!

One thing to note is that while the volume can be controlled from your bluetooth device you will only be able to get to max volume if you also long press the forward button and adjust the device volume on the unit itself. Once that is done the volume is quite loud and actually useable while taking a shower.
on September 30, 2014
I liked this a lot when I first got it. I bought one for my sister too, as a gift. It's easy to figure out, sync with your media device and the sound is nice and loud. However, after a few months of use, it kept on beeping which I assumed was the 'need to charge' sound but after I charged it it kept on doing the beeping every so often as I was listening to music. Finally, it won't turn on at all anymore. I don't know if this is my fault because it did fall several times in my shower (about a 4 feet drop) my sisters still works but she keeps in on the bathroom counter, near the sink and so isn't really directly exposed to water and she's never dropped it.
on April 13, 2014
It's cute. It was easy to sync to my iphone/ipad after reading the instructions. It plays decent sound for what it is (this is NOT a quality sound system, just a small speaker). Sometimes it needs coaxing to connect when it's turned on by turning it off and back on a few times or turning bluetooth off and on on the phone/pad. And the suction cup doesn't work....it always falls off the wall, so I have to place it on a shelf. It's got decent battery life.... my daughter and I both used it in the shower for about a week before it needed charged. Because of the suction cup issue and the connectivity issue, I just went back to using some old computer speakers in the bathroom and the kids use it on the counter of the other bathroom and then they don't have to haul it out of the shower to charge it. Sounded like a great idea, but now it's just another gadget that sometimes gets used, but usually doesn't.