Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 21, 2015
Effective; could float both my Olympus and my GoPro to the surface. However, they are rather large loops. Thus, when down scuba diving, there's no way to tighten the loop around my wrist - so I was worried about them accidentally coming loose. I ended up taking the floating loop off my wrist and securing the thin camera strap onto my wrist. (Photo shows me about 50+ feet down taking photos with a GoPro attached to the floats).

Not sure how to fix that, or if it's possible with this type of design, but would have been more comfortable to have the extra security.
60 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on June 10, 2015
Came back to write about this, I've lost my gopro and got a new one. If only I had this the first time I would have saved a lot of money!!

I've attached one float to a gopro 4 silver with the case and a gooseneck and it still floats.
16 people found this helpful
on September 18, 2017
I ordered these to protect a Garmin GPSMAP 64 and a Garmin Virb Elite.

I tested both Garmins in a trashcan filled with water. Each item was successfully floated by a single float. In each case, about half of the float loop was sticking above the water, which would make the item more visible if the items ever got away from me in the water. Exactly what I was looking for. Additionally, the package included a pair of normal wrist straps; perhaps just a fortunate bonus as the product description says you'll get one of these.

In the attached pictures, I passed the thin part of the strap through the float handle to shorten the length for my test so that my Garmin devices wouldn't touch the bottom of my water filled trashcan.
review imagereview imagereview image
2 people found this helpful
on March 10, 2016
- Do the camera floats fit the description and appearance in the listing?
Even better! Not only do they float, they made digging the cameras out of my wife's beach bag super easy. Also the straps have clips on them that work great. This made time for recharging also super easy as a quick clip release and the camera was free.

- How is the quality and functionality; where and how did you use them?
We took these on a Caribbean cruise. I used them for my 8yo twin boys underwater cameras. The straps were perfect and surprisingly stayed on both their tiny wrists and my large ones. When we were switching they just floated merrily in the water. These worked in calm waters as well as in the hot tub on the ship.

These are universal for ANY camera that has a place for a strap. You just release the clasp, slide the loop through, then slide the clasp through the loop and connect it back to the straps. The straps are not adjustable but they don't need to be, the oval oblong shape kept the straps snug on the kids arms and comfy from the padding without being tight or difficult to remove
6 people found this helpful
on June 12, 2015
Just took my new GoPro 4 out kayaking. I WAITED until I had the Nordic float. THANK GOD! The adhesive tab holding the camera and mount did NOT do its job and the $400 camera and $50 mount ended up in the Gulf of Mexico. HOWEVER, thanks to the floaty, I simply scooped up the camera and mount and muttered both words of thanks that the camera was saved by the float and disgust that the adhesive mount did not do its job... BUT THE FLOATY DID! Just saved me $450.
9 people found this helpful
on July 21, 2016
Excellent product !!! Fit great on a IPhone 6 Plus with a cover; plus, súper fast delivery, right on time for our family vacations.
Thanks a lot !!!
6 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2015
This is a nice product and quality is great. The floats are well made, light and feel comfortable on the wrist. The yellow color is bright and they are large enough that I think they will be very easy to spot floating in the water if my camera should get away from me.

Update: My camera actually did get away from me on my recent trip to the Caribbean, far away from me while stand up paddle boarding in choppy water and I was able to easily see the float bobbing in the choppy surf. I had my GoPro suction cupped to the bottom of my board and it came loose. The float actually supported the camera and the suction cup mount without trouble (I had tested it in the pool beforehand). Also, the strap is large enough that if you have it around your wrist it is snug and comfortable, but the lanyard allows you to comfortably hold the camera in your hand. Worked great for snorkeling.
I am very pleased with this product.
15 people found this helpful
on April 25, 2015
Niiiicccee! It doesn't show it in the pic but this comes with and normal every day wrist strap as well. Now the cool thing about this is if you zoom in on the end black click you might be able to see that it snaps off. So you can quickly change from the floater to the every day strap. The every day strap is cool as well because you can loosen and tight with a plastic push button tightener plus the fabric is of high quality with a little flexability and is wide as well. Now for the floater: Nice and tight around my wrist. It stretches for snug fit and would fit small or big wrist. Now I have tried this under water and I did add some extra weight with a silicone jacket it holds both afloat with no problem! Way to test this product guys great job!
2 people found this helpful
on October 4, 2017
On a recent trip to Florida when I was kayaking, I dropped my digital camera overboard and even though I dove for it I was not able to reach it in time. We were in the calmer waters of a bay however there water had zero clarity. Luckily I was able to search with my feet until I located it. As soon as we returned to our condo, I made this purchase. Awesome float!! I tested it immediately upon arrival in a pool. Don't take the risk I did make sure you have a float! You may not be as lucky as I was.
on February 15, 2016
Just returned from vacation and used the floating camera strap nearly every day. I tested it in the sink before venturing into the ocean to snorkel, and it was able to hold my little Panasonic afloat. The only concern is that the strap is not adjustable. It would fit over almost anyone's hand/wrist, but would easily slide off of mine if I did not hold the camera in my hand while in the water. I am female, with large hands but very small wrists. So the strap gave me piece of mind that the camera would float and I slid the strap to my upper arm when not in use. I left the strap on throughout our travels in Hawaii as the bright yellow would make it easier to find if the camera were dropped while walking the beaches, etc. Overall a good deal but I may still look for an adjustable strap. I was in a hurry when I ordered this and didn't realize it came in a two pack, and also available in different colors!