Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,620 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,698 reviews
on June 8, 2016
We go to the lake often and I wanted something to keep my camera floating in case I ever dropped it. Initially I was just going for a keychain float but I'm so happy I found these! So far I've only tested it in the pool but it keeps my AW130 right at the surface. The size is larger than expected but I guess it kind of has to be to hold this brick. Also came with a regular wrist strap which I was not expecting. Received the product in 1 day with prime. :)
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 5, 2015
I was going to wait until after our vacation to leave a review for these camera floats, but I keep being prompted with emails from the seller to leave a review now. So I will. I haven't used these yet - there isn't much need for camera floats in the dry state of Colorado. We don't have a boat and don't spend time at any lakes, so...this product hasn't been put to the test yet. I got them to go on my new Nikon Coolpix S33. We went to the Caribbean over the summer and that trip made me yearn for a waterproof camera. While looking at cameras I could take into the water with us, camera floats kept popping up in my Amazon feed. I'm glad they did - as dumb as it sounds, I never even considered needing something to make my camera float...but I would have been really upset had I been forced to leave my new camera at the bottom of the sea!

These fit in the Coolpix S33 well, but they don't fit in the case I bought for the camera. (I got this case, which fits the camera perfectly: Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Camera Case (Red)) I wound up just running the camera float cords through the little strap ring, so they hang on the outside of the case instead of inside. The solution works - I don't really care that they can't fit IN the case with the camera. Since I haven't been to a body of water larger than my bathtub since this purchase, I can't speak to how well these work in open water. However, when I threw them in the tub, the floated well and never sank. We kept attaching little weights to the straps to see how much it would take to sink these - when we ran out of weights at 4.5 lbs, these were still floating. I think that's pretty good - it's a lot more than I expected. I am confident these will protect my new little camera when we go back to the Caribbean in November.

Bottom Line: I would buy these again. The colors are nice and bright, making these easy to locate. The float on the surface of the water, further increasing visibility of your camera. (Or whatever you want to keep afloat by attaching these.) They are a good size to go around your wrist, but aren't so big that they get in the way. The cords make it easy to attach these to a variety of cameras and other objects. They are mushy so they are easy to pack and don't take up much space. They are also a great price and arrived quickly. I would chill on the emails asking customers to leave feedback, though. That gets irritating.
on February 21, 2015
Effective; could float both my Olympus and my GoPro to the surface. However, they are rather large loops. Thus, when down scuba diving, there's no way to tighten the loop around my wrist - so I was worried about them accidentally coming loose. I ended up taking the floating loop off my wrist and securing the thin camera strap onto my wrist. (Photo shows me about 50+ feet down taking photos with a GoPro attached to the floats).

Not sure how to fix that, or if it's possible with this type of design, but would have been more comfortable to have the extra security.
review image
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015
I purchased these to attach to my waterproof phone pouches and they do their job great. They keep the phones afloat!! Even an iPhone6 with a steel case. I purchased them for kayaking so I wouldn't lose my phone. They do their job and i am very happy with the product.
on May 27, 2017
These are great. I purchased another set of them last year before we went on vacation to Florida, and decided we could use a few more before we headed to the Caribbean this year. We use them on the waterproof cases we have on our iPhones and with our GoPro. They keep the devices afloat, make them easier to find in our beach bag, and make them much easier to hold onto while in the water. Just make sure you keep them behind the camera or the bright colors find a way into your pictures! Definitely the best item like this I have found and highly recommended.
on February 4, 2015
This is a nice product and quality is great. The floats are well made, light and feel comfortable on the wrist. The yellow color is bright and they are large enough that I think they will be very easy to spot floating in the water if my camera should get away from me.

Update: My camera actually did get away from me on my recent trip to the Caribbean, far away from me while stand up paddle boarding in choppy water and I was able to easily see the float bobbing in the choppy surf. I had my GoPro suction cupped to the bottom of my board and it came loose. The float actually supported the camera and the suction cup mount without trouble (I had tested it in the pool beforehand). Also, the strap is large enough that if you have it around your wrist it is snug and comfortable, but the lanyard allows you to comfortably hold the camera in your hand. Worked great for snorkeling.
I am very pleased with this product.
on June 5, 2016
I just bought two more of these in anticipation of a bioluminescence kayak outing where I'll need to bring a couple of waterproof but non-floating flashlights I'd like not to lose in the Atlantic ocean. They float a lot of weight - one floated my chunky Fujifilm XP80 just fine on a trip to the Keys, and smartly detach with squeeze clip so you can set them aside without untying them when you don't need the flotation or the bulk.

The new set even came with a nice non-floating wrist strap than can be attached to the same fitting, so you can snap them on and off and have a "normal" or flotation strap on your device without untying anything -- very smart.

They also look great and so far seem quite durable -- the sun and saltwater of a week of paddling in the Keys did zero damage to the first one, which is something considering the same conditions ruined a deck bag and two snorkel bags.

Five stars -- exactly what we needed, at a great price.
on May 26, 2014
I bought this to ensure my Sony Action Cam doesn't drown in Bermuda. It did its job.

I went and looped it through itself and then to the end of my retractable camera rod, tossed it into the Atlantic Ocean, and there it is!....floating! It's lightweight, portable, easy to attach and easy to wrap around the wrist. It's soft, has no smell, and can be seen far off into the distance.

A MUST HAVE FOR UNDERWATER CAMERAS.
on July 21, 2016
Excellent product !!! Fit great on a IPhone 6 Plus with a cover; plus, súper fast delivery, right on time for our family vacations.
Thanks a lot !!!
on July 31, 2016
Works great with the iPhone. I bought the YOSH waterproof cases and these floating straps for a family trip to Hawaii. We used them while snorkeling and swimming so we could take photos. They worked great. They're also soft, so they are comfortable.