Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 21, 2014
I wear a size 11 2D shoe. On the Amazon site these galoshes are described as X-Large(11). On the sole of the actual product it says X-Large(12). No matter what the actual size is, they are TOO SMALL.

The galoshes LOOK like rubber. They SMELL like rubber. The Amazon site DESCRIBES THEM as rubber. However on the sole of the galoshes is printed "ALL MAN MADE MATERIAL." How is that even possible?

One other comment. I ordered these on a Sunday afternoon. Less than half an hour after I placed my order I got an email from the vendor saying the order had been shipped USPS First Class. I thought great. I expected I'd have them in three or four days. When I had nothing on Thursday, I checked the tracking number. To my surprise, the Post Office did not receive the order until late Wednesday. I got it on the following Tuesday, the ninth day. Admittedly Amazon's confirmation of my order gave me a longer timeframe for delivery--from 4 to 10 days after I placed my order. I would accept that timeframe. But I will not accept a vendor saying a product is shipped when they don't even get it to the Post Office for four days.

And today when I got permission to return this lousy product, I found out I had to pay postage. So not only did I pay to have this trash sent to me; I have to pay to send it back. Not Amazon's fault, but I hope they get rid of this vendor.
on November 8, 2015
If you're like me. You don't want to spend the money for a good pair of shoes only to have them ruined by rain or snow or salt. So, the solution is a pair of rubbers. These are perfect. They go over my tassle loafers and are easy to carry with me, so that I have them, no matter what the weather or conditions. If it starts to rain, I have them. And my shoes won't get dirty or fouled up. Excellent buy for the money.
on February 1, 2010
What a disappointment. This is a great product. Very well made and the price is right. The size and product information is, however, deceptive. I wear a size 91/2 wide shoe. When I received my Large (10-11) rubber overshoe, I could not stretch it enough to fit my 91/2 wide dress shoe. It was long enough but not nearly wide enough. Only one standard width was offered by the maker, and since it was a rubber product, I was misled into believing it would stretch and fit. I'm confident anyone with a narrow or medium shoe size would be more than satisfied. Because it did not fit me, I cannot recommend it. Amazon is a great company to do business with. This was my first, and only, disappointment.
11 comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 22, 2015
My husband loves these overshoes. We have a couple of dogs and he wears them out in the yard when it is wet. They actually look like shoes. They are fairly easy on/off as the upper rubber is soft and pliable, but the bottom is sturdy. Will order another pair when these wear out.
on April 15, 2016
I like these, they're easy to put on and remove. I've used them all winter and still have a pair of nice brogue boots that have like-new soles because I have not stepped into moisture with them (due to having these totes). They're very thin and fit like a glove over different shapes of shoes. I wish they had a better looking design (like brogue or cap-toe or oxford) and wish they also came in cognac color.
on January 27, 2010
The product is well made, and exactly as my husband remembers from years ago when they were everywhere. However, we purchased an 8-9 which was not big enough to cover an 9 dress shoe which is what they are supposed to cover. It will cover an 9 sneaker. Rather than return it, which seems to be a difficult process for the money, we will just order a larger size so my husband's dress shoes are protected. I generally do not purchase shoes or other products with sizes online or through mail order as the size usually isn't right.

I really can't believe that no shoe store selling dress shoes sells these things. What do executives do to keep their expensive shoes protected? This is the only place I have found that sells these things.
11 comment| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 9, 2014
I am very confused and frustrated. I ordered two pair of galoshes. The first pair, Totes brand, arrived very rapidly. It fits over a pair of moccasins. The other pair (must have been Tingley, I guess) took a long time to arrive. I had wanted it to fit over a pair of tennis shoes but it was too small. I returned it the same day with an explanation requesting that it be exchanged for the next larger size. I don't remember the brand but the address to which I returned it was somewhere in New York city(Brooklyn?). I thought I had requested medium size when I ordered it, but the second pair was exactly the same size as the first pair and, as I said, it was too small for the tennis shoes. If I have to pay for the replacement, I accept because I can't prove that I had requested medium size on my original order. Please reply to this email. Inform me of what will be done about my request for a replacement pair of galoshes.
Joe Snyder
on April 25, 2015
This is an over the shoe product. It does the job of protecting the shoe from wet grass and puddles, if they are not too deep. Don't know how long they will wear when walking on cement. Plan to take them on a trip to Great Britain, where they should get a good workout.
on December 26, 2015
These appear to be well made and they look nice. My husband's shoe size is a 10 1/2. Based on feedback from other reviews I ordered a size 11, which is listed as size XL in the product description. The product that arrived is also marked size XL, but the size listed is 11 1/2 - 14. They were too long. I am returning the item and ordering another brand hoping the sizing is more clearly described.
on September 10, 2016
These were exactly what I wanted. I'm taking a trip and I'm ready for rain or snow without lugging heavy boots. I wish they came in colors.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.