- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Watershot Underwater Housing for iPhone 5/5S, Black
|Price:||$79.67 & FREE Shipping. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and 5S
- Depth rating - 40 meters/120 feet
- Free custom app to use still and video camera functions
- Lens bezel for external filters and lenses
- Integrated tripod mount for incorporating popular mounting systems
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The options I had for underwater photography were: underwater camera: digital or disposable, underwater housing for regular camera, or housing for your smartphone. I went with a phone housing because of the convenience. Underwater cameras seem to be very blurry and disposable cameras sometimes don't develop at all. I have a digital camera but did not want to risk damaging it and it would be inconvenient to swim with. Although the go pro takes great photos, I like to be able to view my photos directly and see that my images are coming out. After searching and reading about other underwater housings for iPhone I decided to go with the Watershot. I tested it 3 times by placing tissue paper inside the case and placing it in my bathtub for about an hour each time. (I also placed something heavy on top so that the camera is submerged at the bottom) I had no leaks and no issues and used it everyday for my trip to Maui. Many people have issues with the Watershot app but if you play with it , you'll get the hang of it.
- Make sure your phone setting for Auto Lock is set to NEVER.
- Put it in Airplane mode so that you don't get texts and calls.
-Open the App before closing it the case because if you access the app from home screen after closing it, you may get a pop up about bluetooth and access etc.
- Use burst mode and hold the phone as steady as possible to get clear shots.
- If you have trouble seeing your phone screen because of glare/it's too bright outside while trying to take photos, hold your hand slightly over it to block the sun
- Pool photos turned out fine without the filter, but I saw a big difference when I went snorkeling in Maui.Read more ›
Took it on a total of 12 dives and Max depth of 30 meters in the ocean. Got some beautiful pictures and videos.
Would highly recommend the red filter accessory for this case to improve the quality of pictures taken.
Update after 2 years, takenthe case on over 30 dives, some great photographs and videos. after the dives it was super easy to share online as compared to friends who had go pros or other higheld equipment.
- Not being able to access my phone for anything else
- Can't turn phone on or off without opening the case
- Hard to see the screen to know what you're taking a picture of
- Overheated my phone after 1-2 hours and forced it to shut off
Everyone around me had a gopro instead, which has the nice expandable handle and doesn't have the risk of ruining a $600 phone.
When the app is working, and the buttons are present, the housing works well. The pictures are clear and the housing is very water-tight. I feel confident that my phone would not get wet, but with all of the small issues, I would not recommend this product.
We definitely recommend, however, that you do some practice runs at home in your kitchen. It takes some getting used to operating the device and you don't want to be learning how to do it while you are in the water wishing you were taking pictures.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This worked so well! It is surprising how well an iPhone 5s takes pictures underwater. I dove with this up to 70 feet without issue. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Janice-Ann M Boustead
1.5 hrs phone life max. I can't really recommend taking your phone into the water, but this case stayed dry down to 30' so far. Read morePublished 7 months ago by j dogg
I bought this to take awesome underwater pics on a family trip to Hawaii and it did not disappoint! I just wish it didn't cost as much, because there are plastic bags out there... Read morePublished 9 months ago by D
I bought this with high hopes...used it a couple times with no issue...then I took it out for a longer time, maybe 20 min and it COMPLETELY disappointed!!! Read morePublished 9 months ago by kinmom
I like it. You have to change a few settings on your phone so that it wont lock, but it works pretty darn good. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Nick M
Best underwater case. Went 45 ft under and it worked perfectly with the app, red filter lens and defogger packets.Published 10 months ago by Sidra Hashmi