Disney Book Group
Price set by seller.
Way We Fall, The (Volume 1) (Fallen World Trilogy, The) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 309 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
|Age Level: 10 - 14|
|Grade Level: 7 - 12|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Great book for a long rainy weekend, though I must admit I read it just before a weekend vacation and every time I heard someone cough I did a double take.
Megan Crewe created a chilling situation with the virus. It is contagious, it has no known cure and it can kill, all this on an island. I didn't know how this could be fixed or how the main character and others would manage to survive and escape being infected, but I knew that I wanted them to figure it out and was on edge right with them through the scary stages of the illness and watching those they loved and cared about get sick.
I pulled for Kaelyn and really connected with her. The love she had for her family, and ultimate respect for her dad and trust that he could come up with an answer. The relationship with her brother and the protective instincts for her little cousin Meredith. As well as the unlikely friendship and connections that she makes while trying to help those on her island and those who are sick. I appreciated her wisdom in figuring out the things that are worth fighting for, and makes life worth living.
I liked the story, but there wasn't much of a conclusion. I wanted a few more answers, and I wanted to know more.
Bottom Line: A chilling, action packed scenario with a main character I cared for.
Kaelyn is kinda panicked about the whole situation, but finds ways to help survivors of the pandemic that are holed up in their homes and those that are sick in the hospital. There's a guy that has also been helping out, Gav, that turns out to be pretty awesome! Also, she develops an unlikely friendship with a girl, Tessa, who is ...Leo's current girlfriend. I loved it! Ended in a bit of a cliffhanger - maybe we'll find out even more about this Leo character in the next book!
Kaelyn is starting anew. She and her family have returned to the Island after living for several years in Toronto. When they left, she was shy and introverted, now sixteen, Kaelyn promises herself that this year will be different. She'll be more involved with others, more social at school and show more confidence.
This is a tall order for any teenager to keep. Secretly, Kaelyn still struggles with her own insecurities and doubts. She shares her deepest thoughts recorded in a daily journal in the form of letters addressed to her friend Leo.
Life changes in a flash when a mysterious virus strikes the Islanders. First, only a few show symptoms, which begin with an irritating itch accompanied with a cough. The virus worsens, attacking the mind, which causes hallucinogenic thoughts, boisterous outbursts and a longing for human contact.
The virus quickly spreads, the Islanders quarantined from the mainland. Kaelyn and others find themselves trapped without any hope of escape. Society begins to break down as panic rises. Rational calm people are acting out trying to save themselves and their families before it's too late.
Kaelyn watches in shock and sadness as life depletes around her. She questions her own vulnerability, having been in direct contact with others who have succumbed to the illness. Is she next? Is her life in peril? She doesn't sit around in wait, instead with urgency feels an overwhelming need to help others.
Megan Crewe has written a well-crafted story, an intriguing tale that will keep readers alerted throughout the book. Her writing is clear and precise; the setting well described and easy to visualize. The character's each has their own individual struggles, needs and wants.
Kaelyn- the main character- grows throughout the story. The more the world around her crumbles, the stronger she becomes.
My one criticism is the lack of deep emotion throughout the story. I wanted to feel a closer connection with the main character, especially during her time of loss from family, friends, her hopes and dreams. Instead, I found the story an exciting breakdown of society, and the fight for survival on an Island crippled with disease.
Overall, an exciting topic, one that is well researched and well written. Megan Crewe covered many issues from illness to the breakdown of order and feelings of abandonment.
The Way We Fall is a gripping teen novel, a story of survival. A book you will find hard to put down.
The Way We Fall is the first in the Fallen World Trilogy.
I would recommend The Way We Fall for ages 14+.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > New Experiences
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Horror
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Family Life > New Experiences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Scary Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Survival Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > New Experience
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues