Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 150 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on December 2, 2016
If you love country music like I do this book is a must read. Not only is it an insight to the artist who in my opinion has one of the most incredible voices I have ever heard but he also gives an insight into the country music business (and some rock and roll also) in the 1950s and 1960s and beyond that also. I put off reading it because I was thinking autobiography=boring. Usually I pick fiction to read but this one breaks all those stereotpyes. Definitely worth the read.
on August 25, 2015
This is the most fun I have had reading a book in a LONG time. Waylon has had a very interesting life & it felt like he was telling me about it over a beer. Great stories, and great delivery. I especially liked his honesty about his own mistakes/struggles - I could tell that he was sincere in his recollections. Also, he did not trash ANYONE in this book - very rare for an entertainment industry memoir. In the rare occasions that he revealed a falling out with someone, he was very matter of fact & did not disparage anyone else. It was a fun, informative read and made me appreciate the music & the man.
on June 29, 2015
As a general reading book my rating would be lower, but because I am a musician, I am fascinated by what goes on behind the scenes and in the lives of very successful musicians. Because the life is so high energy and stressful, almost all of the musicians ended up on drugs and abused alcohol. Make no mistake this is not the 8 hour day and then come home before the next day, as these guys go 24/7 and when they start getting tired they mostly turned to speed to get them through. It is fun to compare this book to Willie's book as well as Johnny Cash's biography. They are all very similar reads with their own individual twists.
on December 10, 2016
A wonderful auto biography by Waylon Jennings.
It is rich with details of his own life and career as well as artists he met and worked with along the way. He paints a picture of a whole era which I was happy to learn about. I love this book!!
on June 10, 2017
Always wished I could have been a singer,After reading the book ,I'm Glad God sent me in another direction. I would have been into drugs and booze like most off the rest. Very disappointing story ,I had hoped better for him.Glad Jessie helped to show him Gods love. Don't know how far he took it,but I know there was change.
on July 8, 2015
A good read for Waylon fans. A bit raw at times, but truth is raw. Waylon's life, and rise to the top, is quite extraordinary. It seems he knew everybody that was anybody in the music business, married many women, then found the remarkable Jessi Coulter as his soul mate and life partner. Highly recommended, folks.
on July 9, 2017
A all out truth from Waylon.Ive read this book several times. I have my own copy now and can read when I'm ready. This is a great read and one of my favorite.Thanks Amazon for having the book in stock it took awhile to get well worth the wait
on December 17, 2016
I read this on my kindle loved it and had to have the book but I think I saw one signed by Jessi & Waylon I would have bought that one but stuff happens 😬
Great book loved it
on October 18, 2014
After reading about everything I could get my hands on about what I call the classic country stars, I found Waylon's autobiography one of the most insightful of them all. I am waiting impatiently for a good bio or auto-bio on Kris Kristofferson. Someone please let me know when something comes out beyond what we see on Wikepedia. --Sam Jackson
on August 16, 2017
Love it so much I have the hardcover, the paperback, and the Kindle. I may be a bit of a Waylon fan.