Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 117 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 135 reviews
on April 15, 2016
A well written book. It was an awakening why I eat so often. The 50 methods all make sense. I already put some of them in to use.
on May 8, 2017
This is a very interesting and informative book on how to get past depending on food to soothe yourself. I would highly recommend this to anyone contemplating gastric surgery or dieting for that matter. There are so many things that culturally lead us to use food for comfort. This helps guide you to better choices for comfort.
on April 10, 2016
This is indispensable in my practice. Humans are emotional, and most of us soothe ourselves to some degree with food. Having tips for soothing without food is, without question, essential.
on February 4, 2017
I couldn't really relate to this book. I think it could be improved if it provided notetaking space on the pages. I think much of the book prompted reflection and notetaking but I never actually did that because it was inconvenient. That being said... I did gain some new perspective after reading
on January 25, 2016
This is a gem. I am recommending to all I meet in my classes who ate struggling with stress. Even if stress eating is not the issue, the anti-stress ideas are marvelous. I will keep this one at hand after the harder days teaching at my urban campus.
on May 21, 2015
This is a real gym of a little book. I love the way all the ideas are presented. I took my favorite out-put them in a big bowl and then sometimes when a craving hits, or I'm feeling what I call "squirrely" I pull one out to distract me & or soothe me. Some are fun activities to do with grandchildren. Maybe if they see what I do they can use them as coping skills as well. Like you se-5 stars for me. I wrote a more in depth review on my blog if you are interested (http://www.fairysredcolordiet.com/blog/50-ways-to-soothe-yourself-without-food).
on June 1, 2016
I haven't finished the entire book yet, but it has some great advice on ways to not just pick up food when you are stressed, etc. I would recommend this book for emotional eaters. It is already helping me.
on November 26, 2016
There's something for everyone on a diet. you can flip through this book and find something to change your over eating behavior. If one technique doesn't appeal to you, another one will. It's keeping me from cheating on my diet.
on June 1, 2015
This book has given me a few ideas, although I am not finished reading it yet. I needed something that was going to help me figure out what to do in life when I am not eating food. I have picked up gardening and this book has suggested quite a few other things to do to. I will hopefully find a few more great things to do when I am not eating to keep my mind and body busy.
on March 9, 2017
Not worth anything unless you want to know about mindfulness or the typically recommended approaches to stress.