- File Size: 2415 KB
- Print Length: 321 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1680680595
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Worldbuilders Press (April 18, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 18, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01MZI77C0
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #674 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $7.00 (58%)
For We Are Many (Bobiverse Book 2) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
As I just noted in my review of the first installment, the author has done an amazing job of crafting a story where the reader cares more about the Von Neumann machines than the people. While the people are an essential plot element they are very much secondary and far less interesting in spite of their being adequate fodder there for several conventional, and far less interesting, books.
The evolution of the "Bobs" continues to be fascinating and the "Others" provides a necessary plot device for encouraging further growth in that community as the book progresses.
I'm very much looking forward to the next installment.
Only complaints would be the lack of spin up (it basically picks up where book one left off), and that with so many bobs, it gets hard to keep track sometimes. Still, i love this series.
If you like your sci-fi with humor, I highly recommend this series. And I recommend it even more on audio. You can buy the kindle book and the audible version for less than $10 I think. That's a steal!
This book is genius! It combines theoretical science with science fiction and gives us a strong moral character that I/we can identify with. I agree with 99% of what Bob and his descendants do. So, either this book was written about me, or Dennis E Taylor is one hell of a writer. I suspect the latter.
The sheer scope and scale of the things going on and the ability to shift between 1st person voices is astoundingly good. It hurt me to read, "END BOOK TWO". I love this story so much and cannot wait for the next book.
The Von Nuemann space ship probes captained by the Bob AI have multiplied into 40+ and have now explored over 100 star systems. Things have gone both good and bad. And the "Others" now know about the Bob probes and Earth due to their capture of the Chinese Von Neumann probe.
The evacuation of Earth due to the fast moving ice age is not going well. The fifteen million survivors on Earth are slowly starving to death as the crops have now totally failed and all of the food is coming from orbital farms.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked the writing and the story/premise was/is great (a...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Exploration
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Colonization
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > First Contact
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Hard Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Exploration
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Space Opera