Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 729 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 790 reviews
on January 1, 2012
This is the dumbest game ever invented. We played it over Christmas for about 17 hours and just simply could not make any sense of it. A banana? You have to have a BANANA? Seriously, when my son the college graduate played the 'You Lose' card and lost, we had to look at the rest of the text on the card which stated 'No, really, you lose.' I lost two games by pointing. Have you ever TRIED to not point?

We only stopped playing when we started falling over from fatigue. This game is addicting, stupid, humiliating in the oddest ways and guaranteed to make you question your political views.

I have to go, we are going to start playing again....
1313 comments| 1,009 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2015
I bought this game on a whim a few weeks ago, and I've been having a ton of fun with it! I've been using it as a drinking game by replacing the word lose with drink, and everyone in my house has been having a blast! I'm currently filling up the blank cards with random rules and having just as much fun doing that, as I've had playing the game.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
T-Rex
Place in front of someone. From this point forward, all cards must be picked up and placed down using T-Rex arms. Failure to do so results in a loss.
Rawrrr means “I Love You” in dinosaur.
Sippy Cup
From this point forward, every time someone drinks, they must use two hands. Failure to do so results in a loss.

This is my preferred style of drinking anyway.
You're a star, baby!

Place this card in front of someone. Every time they drink, the other players must clap and cheer. Failure to do so results in a loss.

I’m your biggest fan. I'll follow you until you love me.
I have a ton more. This games kept my household thoroughly entertained these past few days, best $10 I've ever spent on amazon!
on February 13, 2017
At the risk of sounding stupid, we didn't get it. We love games of all kinds. We love being silly and we love talking. But every card in this game ends with "you lose" or "you win" and we couldn't figure out what that means. Is it over after the first card? Do you lose/win the card and use those cards to keep points? If there isn't a point and you're not supposed to "win", then just say that (which is the opposite of what the goal says). The cards were funny and many were fun, but just as many were really confusing. They seemed to be odd for the sake of being odd rather than interestingly odd (if that makes sense). I don't know, we'll try again with more alcohol in us, but it just didn't make sense and we kind of fizzled out halfway through.
on May 9, 2016
This game is so great. When I first received it and opened the box, I read a few of the cards and felt like it just seemed strange so it sat in my room for about two weeks before we decided to try it. Once we started playing, we didn't want to stop! Here's the reasons why I love this game:

1. The games go quickly. Whether it's because of this or the nature of the game, you aren't so upset when you lose. My family is very competitive and no one got upset when they lost this game, and I think part of the reason why is because there wasn't so much time invested. Everyone also wins a few times so it ends up being great and pretty fair that way.
2. It's hilarious. Sometimes you lose because you are wearing blue or you don't have a banana. This is probably another reason why it's hard to be upset about losing. And the first time someone played the "Oh Noes" card??? Fits of laughter. Nothing will beat the first time that card was played.
3. Even though the deck is fairly small and the cards get repeated a lot, there is always a different outcome. Each card has another card that has the ability to cancel it out. Sometimes you win because you're short, and then sometimes you think you'll win again for being short but then someone spites you or has an extra life. It's always a different outcome.
4. It's easy. There's hardly any instructions except to draw cards and do what the cards say. It's pretty easy to learn and play for any age.
5. It has a Chaos Expansion Pack. If you get sick of doing the same thing with the deck you can use a Chaos card and switch the game up a bit. For example, last night we played a Chaos card which made it so that before every turn you had to name a food and state that it was delicious. If you failed to do so, or if you said "Mmmm" or said the word "hungry" during the game you immediately were out. My brother said "steak is delicious" and I literally slapped my hand over my mouth because I started to go "Mmmmmm!" I mean, really. Steak is the best.
6. It's cheap!! For someone who plays games like Catan, this game is so cheap. It's random and fun and super entertaining. I might even buy another set to keep in my car for times when I am sitting around with a group of friends and we need something to do.

I would definitely recommend this game and will be buying the other Playtest sets from this company. Five stars!!!
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2011
Being an old time gamer I was a little intrigued by the title of this game. I realized long ago that thorough play testing was one of the many keys to having a successful game. This title seemed to be tossing all of that on its ear by claiming that they did no such thing.

The rules are simple as is evidenced by the fact the rules are on one playing card and that most of that space it taken up with snarky comments from the writers. Everyone gets two cards from the deck and then decide who goes first. That person draws a card and decides which card they wish to play. Everyone else just follows directions as given on the cards. This can lead to mass ROCK/PAPER/SCISSORS games and simple votes among the players. Don't worry if you voted wrong and got kicked out of the game, another round will be kicking off in just a few minutes and everyone can get back in.

We've broken out this game along with its sequel We Didn't Playtest This Either at parties and have had upward of 15 people playing at a time. The laughs are guaranteed and the fun is fast and furious. I highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys games at all. We played with a group of adults interspersed with 10 yr olds and the game went well, the kids really got into it after a round or two. Kids 7 and up may be able to understand the fast pace of the game with a little explanation from parent/guardian.
0Comment| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2017
This is one of the few games my monthly gaming group can all agree on. It's pretty self-explanatory so we can all keep up even if we've had a few.The cards that control which words you are and are not allowed to say are the best because everyone ends up sounding ridiculous. This is also not a good game if you are super competitive or a sore loser as you may end up being "out" before you even get to play. If your group is laid back, this one is a fast-paced, low-stakes winner.
on February 25, 2014
This game is great for in between games, when half of your party are out smoking or eating. Games really do only last 30 seconds sometimes, and I think our longest game was around 4 minutes. It is fun, hilarious, and well worth the money.
review image
on January 31, 2016
This family game has brought tears and laughter. It's a fast-paced game so you play many sets in one sitting, meaning you can play for 10 minutes to 10 hours. The tears (from our 10 year old losing) don't have time to last since the next round starts right back up. Teaches you to pay attention to everything and everyone around you so that you can win the match. Our family of children (aged 8-19) and adults all love this game.
on April 20, 2017
Fun but silly. If your silly, playing with young children, or drinking it's pretty fun. If your playing with people who like strategic games and are competitive, people get frustrated with the rule-less-ness of the game. It's very random and very senseless.
on September 15, 2015
This game is hilarious and great fun. We played with a group that came over for game night. It doesn't require a lot of concentration, but is fun and funny enough that people weren't going off on random conversations and slowing down the game play. The only negative is that it can be over very quickly, lol.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.