Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: We Saw Heaven
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on June 13, 2010
This was a beautiful insight of a child who had a vision and was able to lead his life with this visionary help. Stories of the afterlife and how we can prepare ourselves in this life, for the hereafter. Well worth reading!
on September 7, 2008
I loved his tiny book about visiting heaven as a child but this one has it again with more details and several other favorites of mine also. Very excellent book that I highly recommend for anyone planning to go to heaven someday! Enjoy!
on April 24, 2005
This book is a compilation of four accounts of visits to Heaven- that of the author himself (which took place in 1974 and was previously published as I Saw Heaven (1987)) (at pp. 23-70), that of Marietta Davis (which occurred in 1848 and appeared as Caught Up Into Heaven (1999)) (at pp. 73-95), that of Rebecca Springer (n.d., published as Intra Muros (1898) and Within Heaven's Walls (n.d.)) (at pp. 99-134), and a compilation of accounts from Chinese beggar boys at the Adullam House (n.d., published as H.A. Baker, Visions of Heaven (n.d.)) (at pp. 137-45). (Liardon also refers to Kenneth A. Hagee, I Believe in Visions (1984) and Jessie Duplantis' Heaven: Close Encounters of the God Kind (1996), as well as books by Lester Sumrall and Norvel Hayes (see p.21), although none of these are assessed at any length.)

None of the accounts herein resemble Dante's Paradisio, perhaps not surprisingly considering the Protestant background of the authors. More disturbing, however, are the variations between authors. Are the "Pearly Gates" of pearl (see p. 25) or jasper (see pp. 77, 139)? Are the streets paved with gold (see pp. 28, 139), pearl (see p. 100), or marble and precious stones (see p. 120)? And to the degree that the details differ, how much can the full accounts be trusted?

Ironically, the most thoughtful part of this book is Appendix A (at pp. 153-62), which discusses these and other questions about Heaven from a Biblical perspective. I do not agree with every answer that Liardon reached, but feel that this important Scriptural evidence should not have been relegated to the back of the volume. While the author does offer some background for understanding visions (at pp. 16-20), his work would have been much more powerful had he explained why accounts were included- or excluded- and provided an evaluation of the "insights" offered by the various visitors. As it is, unless someone provides a more comprehensive and critical approach to the question, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Samuel Pyeatt Menefee
88 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2010
We were looking fwd to hearing something new. This is a good book for someone who doesnt read often and hasn't previously read the popular heaven ones.
on November 7, 2009
This was a wonderful book, I thank God for giving these people the insight, and for giving us the priviledge and honor to be able to read it. I cannot, but I have to, wait to see these things for myself. Earth is a pale and faded shadow of what awaits us that beleive and recieve the sacrificed Christ as our savior.
on October 24, 2011
When I first read this book a year ago, I cried with joy at the section when Roberts stepped on the streets of gold and described how Jesus laughed (a huge belly laugh)-- how real our Savior truly is!

When my dear Mum went on to her eternal life with Jesus just 4 months ago, this book was (and is)a tremendous source of comfort for me -- I can see Mum enjoying her beautiful eternal life with Jesus, living a reality that is even more real than you and I can even begin to grasp. I HIGHLY recommend Roberts Liardon's book "We saw heaven."
on February 2, 2010
A personal story of visiting heaven. Lairdon relates his childhood and the accident that took him to heaven where he meets and spends some time with Jesus.
on March 8, 2011
This book gives good visuals on heaven but that got tiresome after a while, especially when things didn't make sense, such as the 'young wife' who had grown children and had apparently lost many family members already. The beginning of the book where the author talks of the bible etc. was interesting and worth
reading but the rest seemed to be descriptions that were very similar. I did get bored after a while.

What was sorely lacking was what did they learn? What divine information was given to them? One part said they went to a meeting where Jesus was speaking and I
thought, great! here we go with some helpful, hopeful words but nothing was said about the talk, just physical descriptions.

If you want to really get a good idea of Heaven, read Betty Eadie's book, Embraced by the Light. You come away a changed, more aware person.
on October 7, 2013
While I agree this is a good book, I believe this book reads like a book of fiction. As a Believer, I read every book I can get my hands on that describes Heaven and especially the experiences of those who have been blessed with the opportunity to visit there.
This book reads like an ongoing novel and appears to cover a long period of time.
While interesting stories, I question the validity of the material
on August 14, 2016
It appears that someone wrote fictional accounts in the book rather than actual experiences in heaven. When I read that the leaders of the Reformation, Luther and Calvin, were greatly honored by Bod in heaven, I lost all interest. Come on, there were heretics who started their own churches. What was especially troubling was the account of the son who killed his mother and robbed her jewelry. Even though he may have been forgiveness for this enormous sin, the son who have had to be cleanses of the stain of greed and murder through some form of cleansing, suchas purgatory. Good fiction, but not an accurate account.