WeMo Switch Smart Plug, Wi-Fi, Works with Amazon Alexa
|Price:||$34.99 Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
|You Save:||$15.00 (30%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Wemo is home automation the easy way: Plug in a Wemo Switch, download the free app, and start controlling your lights and appliances from anywhere in the world, right from your phone. No hub or subscription required.
- Why come home to a dark house? Why let the fan run if nobody’s home? Set on and off times for your lights and small appliances. Sync lights to sunrise, sunset, and other external events automatically. Create schedules from your phone and change them easily, whenever the mood strikes.
- The Wemo Switch protects your home better than a mechanical timer. In “Away Mode”, your lights will turn on and off randomly to confuse potential intruders and make it look like somebody is home.
- Works with Nest Thermostat so your lights and appliances “know” when you’re home or away, and respond automatically. Works with any smartphone or tablet running Android 4.1 and higher or iOS 8 and higher. Electrical Rating120V/15A/60Hz/1800W
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Works with Amazon Alexa
The Wemo Switch works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa to give you hands-free voice control over your stuff. Want to turn off the fan? Turn on the floor lamp? Shut off the TV in the kids room before their brains melt? When Wemo and Alexa work together, all you have to do is speak your mind, literally.
Works with Nest
Nest's 'home' and 'away' modes can tell your Wemo Switches what you're up to. Go out, and your desk fan turns off automatically. Come home, and the funky fish lamp you got in Key West turns on to welcome you home. Plus, you can adjust Thermostat settings within the Wemo app.
'if This, Then That' is a free web-based service that lets you do amazing things with your Wemo. Visit IFTTT.com to find 'recipes' for making Wemo turn lights on and off based on real-world events, send you push notifications about device activity, and much more.
|Switch||Insight Switch||Light Switch|
|No hub required / Wifi enabled||✓||✓||✓|
|Control from anywhere / Create schedules that fit your lifestyle||✓||✓||✓|
|Voice control with Amazon Echo||✓||✓||✓|
|Away Mode - look like you're home when you're not||✓||✓||✓|
|Timer Rules - Lights on at sunset or sunrise||✓||✓||✓|
|Monitor your energy usage||✓|
|Slim in-wall design||✓|
|Simple plug-in install||✓||✓|
|Control hardwired lights/fans||✓|
|Make any appliance smart*||✓||✓|
- Size (LWH): 2.55 inches, 5.29 inches, 8.18 inches
- Weight: 8.96 ounces
Compare to Similar Items
This item WeMo Switch Smart Plug, Wi-Fi, Works with Amazon Alexa
TP-Link Smart Plug, No Hub Required, Wi-Fi, Control your Devices from Anywhere, Works with Amazon Alexa (HS100) B0178IC734
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Switchmate Home||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.29 x 2.55 x 8.18 in||2.75 x 2.75 x 4.25 in||1 x 2.5 x 4.9 in||3.62 x 2.3 x 3.75 in|
Did you forget to turn off the window A.C.? How about that curling iron? Want the living room lamp to turn on when the sun goes down—automatically? The Wemo Switch gives you control of your lamps and small appliances whenever you want, wherever you choose, with tons of options for scheduling and automation. Paired with Amazon Alexa, you can control your lamps and appliances with just the power of your voice. When Wemo works with Nest Thermostat, you can set your lights to turn off automatically when you leave the house, and on when you get home again. No central hub or subscription is required. Wemo also has an on/off switch on the unit, in case the Wi-Fi goes down. Compatible with Apple iOS 8 or higher and Android 4.1 or higher. Electrical Rating 120V/15A/60Hz/1800W. 24-hr Wemo support is available at 1-844-745-WEMO.
Top Customer Reviews
Installation was relatively simple, even for someone who is not an electrician. As long as you have the proper wires and follow instructions, as other reviewers have mentioned, installation should not be too difficult (check before ordering though). Connecting to the WiFi was also not difficult for me. I have a Linksys router in the basement with a Linksys range extender upstairs and WeMo did not have any problems connecting when I followed instructions. The initial firmware update took quite a long time and the initial iPhone app version that I downloaded was *very* slow to detect the switches each time I loaded the app, but they seem to have fixed the latter issue.
Once it was all setup, I LOVED it. I used IFTTT to automatically make sure lights were turned off at night and on in the morning, among other things. I really like the look of them and changed out many of my fan switches and other switches to the decorator-style to make it look even nicer. Really, really like the look of them, although I could see it not fitting as well in certain instances (I am definitely not an interior decorator). I do wish that these would work with 3-way lights (where you have two light switches that control the same light) or as dimmers, but unfortunately they don't.
Here's the problem: two days ago, the power to the router went out for about 30 seconds, then turned back on.Read more ›
* Design looks good
* When light switch is on, there is small power light to show it is "on"
* Once it is connected to your network, the remote access via the App is a nice feature
* When connecting to your wi-fi router, you cannot have any special characters (like: !?*&) or any spaces, in your typically already set up router password; Example: your password cannot be "john doe" and instead has to be "johndoe" without a space. If you have these, it will not connect to your router!!! Belkin needs a firmware / App update to fix this ASAP.
* When you are loading a rule to your Wemo Switch, let the App completely finish before doing anything. This means waiting...don't try and rush anything because you can bork your device. My first Wemo light switch died because of this (after just 1 day of use!), as I tried to change its name from "Wemo Light Switch" to something like "Porch Light" and it did not load right, and killed the switch where I could not access it at all from the App (after 4 + hours of troubleshooting, resetting, restarting, re-installing the App, etc.); ultimately I had to just replace it with a new Wemo light switch that is working for now.Read more ›
Once installed, the two switches were found quickly by my Android phone and initial setup was straight forward, per the instructions. It took a few resets that were not expected, but overall setup was about 20 min. Both switches worked as expected the first day. The next day, the first time I opened the WEMO app on my phone, I was notified that a firmware update was needed for the switches (not any update to the app). I did not do it right off the bat, but soon realized that this firmware update screen was going to be there each and every time I opened the app until the update had been done. With electronic devices, a firmware update is not an unreasonable or unexpected eventuality, so I went ahead with it.
Both devices failed after the "update." The lights would only flicker on then off if the switch was manually pressed and neither could not be actuated via the app (if the app could even see the switches, which, at this point, was intermittent).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Pleased to have automated multiple exterior home lighting circuits according to "minutes before/after sunrise/sunset. Read morePublished 21 minutes ago by Moderately Powered
use with my amazon echo dot. works as it should no problems so far. i have two of these.Published 2 hours ago by VuittonPrince
This was my first smart plug to use with my Alexa. I love it. Other than the size of this plug being a bit on the large size, it's easy to see when it's plugged in and working. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by LG286
Awesome product ....works great just wished they didnt cover both outlets when plugged inPublished 9 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I'm using this to remotely control an amplifier that is way out of reach for my volunteers. my biggest initial complaint was that it has no security other that your wifi security. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Works well with my Echo. I had it so I could ask Alexa to turn on or off the Christmas lights.Published 9 hours ago by M. Cannon
Love these, I have 5 switches and two plugs in my house and all are connected to Alexa. I'm not sure why there are such bad reviews but my installation and set up were a breeze. Read morePublished 12 hours ago by W. Fu
My initial experience with the WeMo plug was not a good one. I kept having to reset the thing constantly. Read morePublished 13 hours ago by Alan Peel