Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wear This, Toss That!: Hundreds of Fashion and Beauty Swaps That Save Your Looks, Save Your Budget, and Save You Time
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on August 7, 2011
I got this from the library and I'm glad I didn't waste my money. It did have a few helpful hints. I am 48 and looking to update my look without looking like I want to be 21 again. This book was not geared to my age; more geared to a 30 something wanting to look professional. Also, something that really irritates me is when books or advertisements show before/after or good/bad photos, and the before or bad photo is just ridiculously bad. . . bad lighting, unhappy expression, bad angle for the photo, etc; and then miraculously Everything is better in the after/good photo. C'mon! We're not idiots out here! show us realistic before/after shots please!
on February 24, 2011
What a great book. I LOVE the visual format, the easy style of the writing, and I am laughing at how often I read a bit and say to myself, "OF COURSE! Why didn't I toss that darned thing a year ago... Never did feel good in it!" The author points out the things you can't put your own finger on -- why something doesn't look quite right. She also tells you how to appropriately pair things, something I struggle with especially when it comes to shoes. There's a great section on what types of outfits various types of shoes/boots will complement, and what NOT to pair them with. All the solutions are uncomplicated, practical, and completely do-able. This book will make a great "girlfriend" gift too. In fact I'm going on a girls' weekend next week and I'm bringing a copy for each of my pals!
on March 27, 2011
Being a stylist, fashion and style blogger, closet cleaner and overall fashion fanatic, I read virtually every book on the subject of fashion, style, how to be chic, gorgeous, age appropriate, look rich and be envied that is out there. This is one of the best I have found. Great advice - not just theory. Good examples with real people models. I am hyper-critical of "fashion" books and this one makes the cut.
on July 3, 2011
This book has so little to recommend it that I'm amazed at so many positive reviews. It targets a young, slim demographic with no photos of mature or plus sized models.

Photos show examples of what to WEAR and what to TOSS. The TOSS photos show items that don't fit or are so silly/wrong/Halloweenish that it's hard to take the whole thing seriously. One TOSS page actually recommends losing 3 looks: 1. Unbrushed hair 2. Hair with excessive tangles 3. Overly hairsprayed hair to the point of helmet head. The WEAR examples are trendy -- not classic styles -- which will be as dated as the TOSS examples in a heartbeat. This is a magazine article that some misguided person decided to expand into a book.
on August 26, 2012
I really consider this a three and a half star book, but there isn't an option for that. What I loved: The author links to some fabulous sites that you didn't even know existed -- she must know every place online for jeans, and it's worth going through them until you find the perfect pair. Believe me with all the sites she references, you will get a pair that works for you, I did! I also was crazy about the custom shoe site Milk and Honey that she reccs. You can design your own shoes there, a little pricey, but nowhere near what you'd pay for the equivalent quality in a dept store. I designed my dream shoes, and was thrilled. Her skin care recs are also great (at least the ones I tried) On a final note, she has a chatty, friendly style that is accessible and charming. What didn't work for me" the wears and tosses fall between so obvious no one would go there (un ironed shirts, harem pants) and personal taste. For instance, she recommends a one shouldered gold lame top. Not for me, and that's fine, but it should probably be labelled, I love this top you may not, it is not a universal do. Anyway, worth buying, you'll get some valuable info.
on March 9, 2011
This is a flip thru and set up in the bookshelf to forget about, type of book. Unless you're someone who could be nominated for TLC's "What Not to Wear" then you really don't need this book. There is nothing in here remarkable or stunning and most of the information is "common knowledge". Also their 2 models look like they wear a size 4 so it does not account for varrying body shapes or sizes. My suggestion, just use a full length mirror and look at yourself before you leave the house.
on February 18, 2011
I really liked this book. I liked the fact that is was in color, organized well and a easy read. A lot of the fashipn or books on color are written in black and white. It is really hard to really get what they are trying to tell you without seeing it. This book is well worth the money. It's a keeper.
on October 6, 2011
I really liked the layout of this book, with dos and don'ts right next to each other and lots of color photographs. There was some good fashion advice here, but although it gets an A for fashion, it gets a C for practicality. Most of the recommended skirts and dresses are WAY too short, and nearly all the recommended shoes are high heels, which are cute and stylish but exceedingly uncomfortable. All but one of the coat recommendations are totally impractical for wet winter weather. Still, I got some good inspiration from this book. I'll just have to adapt it for my own lifestyle.
on August 20, 2011
I liked the fashion info in this book but the Kindle version has real technical problems. Some tables of info like a cool one called Collars 101 are missing a lot of text. Kindle says only the publisher can fix it and it might take more than a month. I might ask for a refund and buy the print version.
on April 13, 2011
I got this book yesterday and have read thru most of it. I don't feel I have learned anything. The same styles do not look good on everyone and every body type. It talks a lot about fit.. yes clothing should fit right- now what? After hours of reading, I just want to feel I've learned something. I feel I'm pretty stylish person, but some of the pictures of what to wear I think are ugly. And some of the don't would work on the right person. After spending $16 and waiting a week for the book to come in the mail I'm disappointed!