Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 65 reviews
on February 29, 2012
My package came on time. Unit is pretty neat and easy to use. Contacted Steve at the telephone number provided on the package and explained that there were no directions. He told me how to change the unit mesurement from centigrade to ferinhight and said that I could find the directions on the internet at the address provided on the package. Satisfied with that, I went to throw out the package and low and behold, the manual slipped out from between the cardboard insert and I did find the manual on the internet.

I gave this a four star only because I am confused about the power off feature and how it reads in the manual. I want to make sure it is on so my unit will turn off automatically after 5 min of non-use. Called and left a message with Deon. If he is half as nice as Steve I should have my problem resolved with a simple push or two of the switch. Great customer support.

This is my first unit so I cannot compare it with others but I will mention that I read the reviews and the fact that this is used at track and field events and another person uses a higher priced unit by this company to measure wind speed on top of the mountian if his professional windometer freeze's up was good enough for me. Purchased from Amazon.
on May 30, 2017
great item to have to check wind before sailing races start.. use during times on Race Committee to check wind directions with speeds
on July 16, 2010
We have a Skymate Hand-Held Wind Meter on every one of our work trucks. We are required by the law to know the wind speed and air temperature at every job where we make a chemical application. This little Wind Meter does the job nicely. We have re-purchased them when they have been lost or when we have added vehicles.
on April 8, 2014
We are powered paragliders and wanted this for a trip we just did to Mexico to fly the beach. We used it every day and one pilot had an older WeatherHawk and another pilot had a different brand. Ours consistently read 1-3 mph higher than theirs.... however, we also got a feel for the wind by just looking at it every day and knowing when we could fly by familiarity. It also helped with reading the gusts and that is a big safety issues. Would definitely recommend this product.
on February 11, 2011
I purchased the hand-held skymate to measure wind speed to improve my sail selection before heading out for a windsurf. It is excellent. Simple to use and now takes that little bit of doubt out of my mind about average wind strength and gust strength. It looks robust enough to handle being thrown in my box of equipment.
on January 22, 2014
I use it daily. I oversee work with man baskets on cranes in Texas where wind speed can be detrimental to crane and personnel safety. With out knowledge of the true wind speed you can put men in great peril. I have compared my readings with units that cost sever hundreds of dollars and the WeatherHawk was right on the money with the more expensive units. The temperature gauge work almost instantaneous and was right on the money with the more expensive units reading as well.
on May 23, 2010
This is a decent wind meter for the money. I bought it to get rough estimates on air temperatures and velocities coming out of AC registers. It would be absolutely perfect for my usage if it measured humidity too. The case protects it nicely while in my tool bag. Mine did arrive with dead batteries, so that's why I rated it as a 4.
on April 16, 2013
This meter worked exactly as described. The temperature sensor is extremely reactive, and accurate. I tested the wind speed by driving 20 mph in the vehicle, holding the meter just outside the meter, and it stayed within the +/- 20 mph range. 19.7 - 20.3 approximately. We've been having gusts of wind in the 30 mph range over the past few weeks, and it has measured the gusts, as well as the steady wind, very quickly.

It does need to be pointed in the direction of the wind, for most accurate reading. Which is sometimes difficult, when surrounded by homes. But I've played with it on 2 acres of flat land, and had no trouble with building crosswinds at all.
on December 5, 2012
This tool seems to do the job i purchased it to do. I think its a little pricey and I wish i had shopped around a little more for a better deal but it is pretty useful if your out sailing.
on December 17, 2013
Good for light winds. They are advertised for 99 mph winds. 80 mph winds destroyed my first one and then its replacement. Don't buy if you need to measure high winds.