- Paperback: 475 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (October 26, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470529393
- ISBN-13: 978-0470529393
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 138 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #50,869 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
"Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress"
Is the world really falling apart? Is the ideal of progress obsolete? Cognitive scientist and public intellectual Steven Pinker urges us to step back from the gory headlines and prophecies of doom, and instead, follow the data: In seventy-five jaw-dropping graphs, Pinker shows that life, health, prosperity, safety, peace, knowledge, and happiness are on the rise. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
Shift to Data-Driven Decision Making and Leverage the Complete Power of All Web Data
The Web, online marketing, and advertising have been revolutionized in the last few years, yet the approach to using data has remained largely the same as a decade ago. Web analytics thought leader Avinash Kaushik presents the next-generation framework of web analytics in this exciting book that will dramatically enhance the ability of your organization to think smart and move fast.
In this book, Avinash lays out specific strategies and execution models to evolve from simply leveraging clickstream tools to incorporating the insightful elixir of qualitative data, experimentation and testing, and competitive intelligence tools.
While expanding upon the industry-shaping lessons from his bestselling book Web Analytics: An Hour a Day, Avinash explains how to measure, analyze, and act upon today's quickly evolving web technologies and trendsincluding social media, video, mobile, and online user-centric design options. As he updates traditional approaches, Avinash debunks myths, identifies traps, and reveals specific, simple and advanced methodologies to transform your thinking, making this book the ultimate guide for all web professionals.
- Discover the solutions for the hardest challenges, including multichannel analytics and multitouch campaign attribution analysis
- Quantify the holistic economic value of your website and measure macro and micro conversions for ecommerce, non-ecommerce, and B2B websites
- Profit from analytical methodologies that attack the holy trinity of search: internal site search, pay-per-click marketing, and search engine optimization
- Pinpoint the most relevant Key Performance Indicators for your organization and create actionable dashboards that drive change
- Master crucial emerging analytics fields including Twitter®, YouTube®, blogs, mobile, and rich-media analytics
- Leverage experimentation and testing to create truly customer-centric websites and innovate by failing faster
- Create data-driven bosses and organizations, and cultivate the skills and background you need for a successful analytics career
- Continue learning with four hours of video, an hour of audio, and valuable presentations, templates, and models on the CD
"Analytics is vitally important, and no one explains it more elegantly, more simply, or more powerfully than Avinash Kaushik. Consider buying up all the copies of this book before your competition gets a copy." Seth Godin, author, Tribes
"Lots of companies have spent lots of time and money collecting dataand sadly do little with it. In Web Analytics 2.0, Avinash Kaushik helps us grasp the importance of this underused resource and shows us how to make the most of online data and experimentation." Dan Ariely, Professor of Behavioral Economics, Duke University, and author of Predictably Irrational
"Kaushik takes the witchcraft out of analytics. If venture capitalists read this book, they would fire half of the CEOs that they've funded." Guy Kawasaki, Co-founder of Alltop & Garage Technology Ventures
About the Author
Avinash Kaushik is the author of the leading research & analytics blog Occam's Razor. He is also the Analytics Evangelist for Google and the Chief Education Officer at Market Motive, Inc. He is a bestselling author and a frequent speaker at key industry conferences around the globe and at leading American universities. He was the recipient of the 2009 Statistical Advocate of the Year award from the American Statistical Association.
The author donates all proceeds from his books to two charities, The Smile Train and The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It's a technical book by nature, but at the same time totally actionable and insightful. If you're new to analytics, after reading this book, you'll feel like you're shining a flashlight on a very important aspect of your business that you've been avoiding. I'd even go out on a limb and call it fun! Big A+ from me.
The latter was a hard core offering that covered all aspects of the subject.
2.0 is a more general book that covers a wide range of topics related to and around Web Analytics.
The coverage of Social Media and Mobile analytics is sparse and that's my only gripe. Considering that both topics are quite hot and that Social Media has gained maturity it would have been helpful to have both these covered in depth. That said the book is pretty robust in its coverage of a wide mix of topics. The list of tools mentioned is also quite exhaustive.
· Paid Web Analytics providers are better than the free ones if you need advanced reporting. The other reason is that the paid tools integrate well with other allied offerings/tools. (A project that I'm working on validates both these points)
· Data needs to be actionable. No point collecting old data if the business cannot use it
· Keep an eye on the competition using Google Insights For Search(contains search keyword data on[...] only), Google Trends (contains broad web usage data), Compete, Hitwise. Also check Google Ad Planner and Quantacast since both use self reported data. Most analytics tools now allow you to benchmark against specific verticals.
· Use tools like page level/site level surveys to gather user feedback(kampyle, uservoice, opinionlab). The Voice of the Consumer is necessary to fill in the gaps
Now if only we could get key sales and marketing folks to read this book and understand how much data is there for them to use
Web Analytics: Omniture, WebTrends, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics
Mobile Analytics: Bango Analytics, [...], [...]
Experimentation and Testing: Google Optmizer, Omniture Test and Target, Optimost, Sitespect
Voice of the Customer: 4Q, iPerceptions, ForeseeResults, Ethnio
Competitive Intelligence: Google Insights For Search, Google Trends, Compete, Hitwise, Technorati, Google Ad Planner, Quantacast
Analytics Tags Audit: SiteAudit(ObservePoint)
SEO gaps, Web Application Performance Management, more : Maxamine, Coradiant
Page level/site level surveys to gather user feedback: Kampyle, Uservoice, Opinionlab
Usability: Ethnio, Usertesting
Analyze Actual Online Experiences: Tealeaf, Clicktale
Information Architecture: OptimalSort, [...]
Visual heat maps: Feng-gui.com, Crazyegg
Keyword Analysis: Google Adwords Tool, Wordtracker, KeywordSpy
Onsite Behavior Targeting Platforms: Audience Science, kefta, Netmining, BTBuckets(free)
Paid Search Tools: Marinsoftware, Kenshoo, ClickEquations
For this and other Web Marketing articles, my blog: [...]
As a beginner myself, I found that after reading, I am much more able to not only accomplish my daily tasks, but also go above and beyod the basic reporting that is easy to fall in to.
Do not be intimidated by the fact that the book resembles a textbook in appearance. Avinash keeps the reader entertained throughout and it is written in a very conversational tone.