When it comes to copy, what works in the brick-and-mortar world does not necessarily grab Web consumers...and with new developments like social networks, blogs, and YouTube, the strategies that worked even a few years ago are unlikely to attract people’s attention. Completely updated for the current online marketplace, Web Copy That Sells gives readers proven methods for achieving phenomenal success with their online sales and marketing efforts. Readers will learn to:
• write irresistible Web copy, e-mails, and marketing communications
• quickly turn lackluster sites into “perpetual money machines”
• streamline key messages down to intriguing “cyber bites”
• use the psychological tactics that compel Web surfers to buy
Featuring updated strategies for communicating and selling in the continually evolving landscape of Web 2.0, the second edition unlocks the secret to turning today’s online prospects into paying customers!
From the Inside Flap
There are more than 175 million websites on the Internet clamoring for attention, and, like yours, millions of them are trying to sell something. When it comes to writing marketing copy, what works in the brick-and-mortar world doesn’t necessarily grab Web consumers. And with developments like social networks, blogs, and YouTube, the strategies that worked even a few years ago are unlikely to attract people’s attention.
Building on the revolutionary model of Web copywriting presented in the first edition of this book, this revised edition of Web Copy That Sells reveals Maria Veloso’s unique Trifecta Neuro-Affective Principle for the first time—which changes the minds of prospects in favor of your product or service, and accelerates their decision to buy whatever you’re selling. Veloso also introduces the concept of cyber bites, digestible morsels of copy that have a sales-advancing impact and are capable of creating significant buzz for any product or service. These two additions alone make this new edition a valuable resource not just for online marketers and copywriters but for anyone who sells anything—either on or off the Web.
One of the most widely acclaimed Web copywriters in the world, Maria Veloso also reprises her revolutionary copywriting approach based on five simple questions, which, when answered, make the copy practically write itself. Completely updated for the current online marketplace, this book provides powerful copywriting strategies that have been proven time and again in the e-commerce arena. Veloso crams all the information from her 12-hour, live seminars costing $997 into a comprehensive book that will help you to:
- Write sizzling and irresistible Web copy, e-mails, and marketing communications.
- Quickly turn any lackluster website into a “perpetual money machine.”
- Use hypnotically persuasive language and psychological tactics to compel Web surfers to buy.
- Avoid the most common mistakes that can wipe out your sales.
- Use cutting-edge approaches to drive traffic to your website, and easily land page-1 Google rankings for your business in record speed.
- Streamline your marketing message down to a powerful “cyber bite”—and significantly shorten the process of making an online sale.
- Keep abreast of the new rules for e-mail marketing and learn strategies to prevent your e-mails from getting blocked as spam.
- And more!
Featuring updated strategies for communicating and selling in the continually evolving landscape of Web 2.0, this second edition unlocks the secrets to turning today’s online prospects into paying customers!
Maria Veloso is Director of Web Copywriting University, a sought-after speaker on Internet marketing strategies, and former Director of Creative Web Writing for Aesop Marketing Corporation. A 32-year copywriting veteran, she has generated millions of dollars in online sales for a diverse stable of clients through her unique model of direct-response Web copywriting. She lives in Los Angeles and can be reached at: