Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Web Design in easy steps: 5th Edition
Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$4.90+ $6.80 shipping

While this book series might suggest that this is the most basic of how to write HTML pages, it is much, much more than that. Instead, its an excellent 231pg book and how to design a GREAT website, with details about many essential aspects and brief summaries of how to do other, more advanced or exceptional aspects (e.g. how to ad a survey to your site).

The book doesn't start with how to write HTML code. It starts with how to think about and to DESIGN a web site. To think about a web site as a tool, and thus what goal is to be address thru the use of that tool. As such it emphasizes planning user interaction & navigation, as well as what makes for good writing for the web.

Its not a long nor an exhaustive book, and not a reference for coding. But it does one thing very well in my judgment. That is to guide its readers toward a well conceived, coherent understanding of their own purposes in having a web site, and to guide them in employing the tools of the web to effect those purposes.
on January 2, 2016
Excellent book, covers all aspects of how to build a professional web site, thank you Sean..
on September 21, 2016
Grate book, thanks
on January 20, 2014
I purchased a total of four web page building books and this one I have only used a couple of times in building my webpages.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 27, 2014
It is okay, very colorful illustrations, very helpful
on May 25, 2013
I used this book as my textbook for a semester course in web Design at the high school level. My students were able to write some basic HTML and they were able to create a CSS. In addition, each student established his/her website using Word Press. I especially appreciated the author's overview of topics including creating code, the purpose of a website, accessibility on all devices, pitfalls to avoid, selling through a website, and testing the efficacy of a site. I had very little knowledge in this area and when my school assigned me this class to teach, I knew I needed a very clear step by step book to guide myself and my students. Web Design by Sean McManus was the perfect choice.
on September 29, 2011
I picked this book up after spending frustrating times on the internet for proper tutorials on web design. While I found some good ones on web, this book served as a highly comprehensive beginner/intermediate level guide and also a reference.

Having read a fair bit on web design already I can attest this book is very current and a great value for money for beginners.

Wish I found this earlier - would have saved a lot of time.

Keep up the good work!
on November 26, 2016
Excellent
on May 17, 2012
This is an excellent book for anyone who wants to start learning how to create a great website. It's well laid out, clearly written and comprehensive.
on April 15, 2015
It was just OK. Worth every penny of the $0.64 I paid for it.