Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Web Development and Design Foundations with XHTML, 5th Edition
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on April 2, 2016
Used as a college textbook in 2011. It was a frustrating book to learn from due to incomplete examples. However, using other resources (including my stubbornness to succeed), I was able to successfully complete all assignments.

I do **not** recommend this book as a new purchase in 2016 (the year I'm writing this review) because web development has undergone "paradigm shift" level changes due to the explosion of the number of mobile devices used to "surf the web." The techniques used in this book could still be useful in the narrow cases where the client browser is controlled (as in embedded device or if you **know** the client will always be a PC and not a phone).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2015
Great book
on January 10, 2015
This is book is very good it has help me understand what I was not understanding.
on December 11, 2014
ok
on September 16, 2014
I bought this book for school a few years ago, now I'm a professional Web Developer!
on September 14, 2014
good
on September 19, 2013
I do not have time to do this review justice right now. This was not the first or last book I purchased that was written by one of the College's Professor. It was very good. The author was also my instructor for the class. She was perhaps the best I had at the College. Certainly the best of the Web Development. The book is very good for what it is: a foundations book. I also found it a handy reference when I worked on advanced projects for more advanced Web development courses. Terry said she intentianlly wrote it with that intent in mind.
on June 12, 2013
Provides general ideas and too many errors. Book should have been pre-read before production. Don't expect the book to cover all the details you need to know. Again, just general ideas with samples. My professor explanations and examples were much better in comparison to the book.
on April 29, 2013
it was a gift but he is enjoying it and using it everyday thank you for offering it at such a good price
on October 7, 2012
This book is missing pages essential to complete assignments. I have tried to reach these people with no success. We need another book to replace this one.