- Paperback: 264 pages
- Publisher: Wrightbooks; 1 edition (June 23, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0730309274
- ISBN-13: 978-0730309277
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 58 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,261,884 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Web Marketing That Works: Confessions from the Marketing Trenches Paperback – June 13, 2014
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Most books on online marketing are neither comprehensive nor practical. This is both. Two huge likeable thumbs up for this must-read!"
- Dave Kerpen, NY Times Bestselling Author, Likeable Social Media
"This is the most useful book on digital marketing ever. It's years worth of knowledge and insights packed into a couple hundred pages. Indispensable, and a must-read!"
- Jay Baer NY Times Bestselling author, Youtility
"Tired of listening to the gurus? Listen to two veterans and gain real insight. Franklin & Jenkins deliver!"
- Chris Brogan, Publisher Owner Magazine
"A lot of books on the market speak to the 'why' this is so critical for business success today. This books speaks to the 'how'... and it's something that every business needs to know and do."
"You'll learn everything you need to know to generate attention for your business. Just like my two friends Adam and Toby, the book is fun, approachable, slightly alternative, and it delivers great ideas about how to develop strategies and implement tactics for success."
- David Meerman Scott, Bestselling author, The New Rules of Marketing & PR
"Adam and Toby have put together a commendable and rare treat for those seeking to learn web marketing: a book that is both comprehensive AND easy to digest."
- Rand Fishkin, founder Moz
"100% actionable, includes dozens of easy-to-use templates and is built for marketers at the biggest brands to the one-person start up."
- Joe Pulizzi, Author, Epic Content Marketing
"Adam and Toby help you become the success story that others want to copy."
- Brian Solis, author What's the Future of Business (WTF)
"A practical guide for CEOs looking to master marketing on the web. Adam and Toby have written a simple, no-fluff book as well as thrown in 33 templates so you can implement (and supercharge) your marketing today."
- Verne Harnish, author Mastering The Rockefeller Habits
"Adam Franklin and Toby Jenkins are the new power duo of digital marketing. Their how-to guide Web Marketing that Works is powerful blueprint packed with concrete insights and practical tools that will multiply your team's success."
- Liz Wiseman, Bestselling author, Multipliers
"Adam and Toby deliver on the irresistible offer: a motherlode of ideas grounded in experience and insight, and focused templates to custom fit those ideas to your business."
- Eric Keiles co-author of Reality Marketing Revolution
From the Back Cover
What if your marketing produced new leads on autopilot and you could kick your advertising addiction forever?
- distil your digital marketing strategy into a single page (chapter 1)
- uncover your flagship content to give your marketing teeth (chapter 3)
- avoid the 5 key pitfalls that will derail your website project (chapter 6)
- use email as the ultimate web marketing tool (chapter 8)
- create your editorial calendar (chapter 11)
- develop your social media strategy and guideline (chapter 16)
- and much more!
Adam Franklin and Toby Jenkins are the founders of web marketing firm Bluewire Media. Their blog is one of Australia's Top 20 Business Blogs and they regularly speak to audiences around the world about social media and web marketing. #WebMarketingBook
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But, the thing that stands out most to me is the integrity these guys depict throughout the book. They give so much credit to all the people that have helped them along the way. They are honest about what has worked, as well as where they struggle.
Adam even took some time out of his busy day to answer a few questions I had via Skype. I am a fan of both of this book and Bluewire Media.
what is weird is that the writers of the book
one of them does not have a page on twitter and the other have a page with only 1200 follower
and even their company page (Bluewire Media) only with 3900 followers although they follow 3400
so I am questioning their methods if it did not work on their pages how could it work on mine
I have read countless books from the world's greatest business thinkers, but this is hands down the most practical book I have ever read. It gets thrown around all too often, but I have already reserved a spot on my desk so I can refer back to it day after day.
If you're looking to read something that incorporates expert opinions with practical applications, this is it.
Toby and Adam have a fantastic writing style, it was like the book was written just for me, and it was evident that they came from a contribution mindset. Not once did I feel like they were selling to me, or egotistical in any way (something all too present in many business books).
I highly recommend this book.
Disclaimer: I have absolutely no affiliation with the authors. I'm just a passionate reader that loves cut through advice. I read this book from start to finish, in one night. It inspired me, and I have no doubt it will inspire you if you love entrepreneurship and marketing.
Things I liked:
- Well written and easy to read, with a personal conversational style
- High level strategies and suggestions on how to build your web presence from the ground up
- Covers best practices for creating content around your customers, making landing pages to drive customer action, implementing effective email marketing, blogging tips, search engine optimization, social media usage (linkedin, twitter, facebook), video creation, and a lot more
- Links to free templates to help guide your own implementation of the ideas described in the book
- Tons of references to the (mostly free) resources out there that can help maximize the web as a marketing tool for your business
This book is granular enough to fill the need that I was looking for, without holding my hand through the process. It sparked ideas and gave me enough "a-ha" moments to where I could start applying the guidance & philosophies into my own business requirements.
Towards the end of the book they say that social media is the "icing on the cake, but you need the cake first." I feel like this book is a good cake recipe, but you will be required to have your own ingredients for the cake.
Most recent customer reviews
Love how each and every concept about web marketing is broken down into bite-sized...Read more