Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $7.96 shipping
Weber 10020 Smokey Joe 14-Inch Portable Grill
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Weber Smokey Joe charcoal grill is an ideal portable grill for cookouts, tailgate parties, and car camping
- The glass reinforced nylon handle allows you to easily remove the lid as needed
- The cooking grate measures 14-1/2-inch diameter and is triple nickel-plated
- The porcelain enameled coating prevents rust and fading
- 10-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I've used this gem for years. My apartments, on the whole, mandated the simplicity and efficiency offered up by the Smokey Joe.
A great feature is the rounded top. This enables better smoking, as air and smoke circulates more fluidly.
The legs aren't as sturdy as they could be. Given time, a bit of bumping around and general abuse, and the screwed on legs might turn askew. If you notice this while the grill is hot, you've a problem. The solution is to keep them tight during non-use.
The air intake at the bottom gets clogged with ashes. A key to good charcoal grilling is the manipulation of air flow. The intake might be open, but stopped up. If you are diligent to clean the ahes, you'll be OK.
Because the grill is so close to the ground, you need to be careful. Unlike most of Weber's grill, this one os also apt to getting kicked over, run into by dogs, cars and children.
I fully recommend Weber's Smokey Joe. Now, I'm hungry. Time to stir the coals and pop on a few brats.
Hands down best grill 30 bucks will buy.
I will absolutely buy a new one when this finally goes and if you're cheap like I am, turn your top damper when done cooking and reuse larger pieces of charcoal by putting in coffee can after cooled and always wipe grate down with oil.
1. Durable. Mine's been outdoors in the weather for 15 years now. When I give it a good cleaning, it looks almost new.
2. Cooks well. I've grilled steaks, burgers, dogs, etc. It does a nice job on them all. And it doesn't use a whole lot of coal to do it. I've got a 22 1/2 weber too, but sometimes when cooking for only 2 of us, I use the smokey joe to save on coals.
3. It's small and does a nice job in a small space like apartment porch or patio.
1. It's inconvenient as a Portable grill when traveling. It's got no carry handle or way to seal it up. Also, once you've grilled and need to go, there's nothing to do with the hot coals. You've got to seal all the vents and wait for them to be extinguished. Even then I'd be nervous about dumping them out or putting the grill in my trunk.
2. The legs get bent out of shape easily. I never abused mine, yet somehow they always are bent out of shape. Sure you can bend them back again, but later on its the same story.
If I were buying a small portable grill today, I would go with a rectangular grill like the Weber Go Anywhere grill. The legs fold up and snap over the cover. Then you just pick it up like a tool box by the top handle and go. If you choose a propane version you avoid the problem of dealing with the hot coals afterward.
Tip: While grilling, never lift the lid straight up, rather move it to the side before lifting so as not to draw ashes up directly into your food.
5/19/2009 This is still a great little charcoal cooker. I continue to use it and recommend it.
1/29/2010 Using this grill in winter is fun because it's so easy to clean up and bring inside after it cools off. For example, after work yesterday we grilled delicious marinated chicken and veggie kabobs in the early evening moonlight, even though it was only about 10° outside. For dessert we roasted marshmallows over the charcoals and watched the full moon. It was great.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Emptying the charcoal is kind of a hassle cuz the catch is not removable without taking the stand apart. Grilling wise, happy with it.Published 1 day ago by Stephen Holld
It's a Weber, so it's obviously what you would expect. Good price for a nice mini grillPublished 2 days ago by Elizabeth
Just what we wanted - suits our needs, and seems to be of same quality as previous one we hadPublished 3 days ago by Amazon Customer
First of all, Its not easy portable. It does not have handle and if have to carry by holding its legs. So lead will come out when carrying this. Read morePublished 3 days ago by parimal santra
Only used it once but it is a good little bbq. If you want to bbq and dont have space i would recommend this to you.Published 5 days ago by J
Good Product. Perfect to take camping. I got it for my husband for a gift and he loves it.Published 5 days ago by Ronda
I have a small family so this grill works perfect for small bbqs and it's easy to travel and use for camping and the like it is really good quality tooPublished 5 days ago by Kay