Weber 1520 Propane Gas Go-Anywhere Grill
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Weber Gas Go-Anywhere propane gas grill comes with an easy-to-use push-button ignition system
- Comes with porcelain-enameled flavorizer bars
- Pivoting legs lock the lid in place for add safety
- This grill offers 160-square-inches of cooking surface on the triple nickel-plated cooking grate
- The porcelain enameled coating prevents rust and fading, Uses 14.1 OZ propane cylinders.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
|Item Dimensions||14.5 x 21 x 12.25 inches|
|Shipping Weight||15.8 pounds|
Perfect for picnics, tailgating or the beach, this Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill is portable and easy to use. The compact, space-saving design includes a porcelain-enameled bowl and lid, a glass reinforced nylon handle and nickel-plated legs that pivot to lock the lid in place when traveling. Featuring a 160-sq-in., triple nickel-plated cooking grate, the grill makes cooking quick and easy with a push-button igniter, Weber cookbook and the patented Weber Flavorizer system. Uses disposable 1-lb. LP cylinders (not included). Adaptable to refillable fuel tank (not included). Made in USA. 14-1/2Hx21Wx12-1/4D".
Weber's Go-Anywhere gas grill adds convenience to the fun of camping and tailgating. This compact unit has a surprisingly generous grilling area--large enough to fit four medium steaks. The push-button ignition system makes lighting the fire easier than ever, and the patented heat-distributing Flavorizer bar ensures that your food cooks evenly and efficiently every time.
You can lock the lid into place with the pivoting legs and carry this lightweight grill around in one hand. Built-in lid hangers allow you to rest the lid on the side of the grill to create an effective barrier against the wind. The triple-nickel-coated steel grate is easy to clean, and the porcelain-enameled steel lid and cooking box are built to last.
Top Customer Reviews
I looked at all major box stores for a small, portable gas grill. All I saw was cheap junk from China. And I do mean cheap: poor materials and construction. When I went to Weber's web site, I found this Go-Anywhere grill. The only local store to carry it was Barbecues Galore and they were out of stock. So, I bought it from Amazon. I am happy with my choice.
1) Fairly easy to put together.
2) Legs fold up to secure everything into a nice, neat package for travel.
3) Lid has handy built-in hooks for hanging on the side of the grill unit.
4) Fire gets hot quickly.
5) Unlike charcoal, is easy to travel with, unpack, repack -- no mess.
6) Can be used with smoking wood chips.
7) One pound (green) propane canisters are available anywhere -- I buy mine at Walmart.
8) Converter hose is available at Amazon & Home Depot to use with standard 20 lb. propane tank.
1) Grill tends to get hotter on the left side -- but this can be used to advantage.
2) The lid handle gets so hot it can't be touched without a grill glove. A wood handle or silicone would be better.
3) The stainless steel grate is just OK, but far better than the Chinese junk.
4) The spark lighter stopped working after about a dozen uses (typical) so I keep a butane lighter handy.
After using the unit for a month, I purchased a cast iron grill grate from Craycort (Google it). This company makes custom fit cast iron grates for many Weber products. I love it (if you buy one, be sure to also buy the grate lifter-handle).
When going to the park or the beach, I now have the perfect grilling unit to take along. No more public grills! It will cook a meal for 2-4 people quickly and efficiently. Since the cast iron grate is heavy, I sometimes take the original stainless grill when I have to walk far from the car, such as at the beach.
If I want to smoke food, I wrap 1/2 to 1 cup of pre-soaked wood chips in a long, thin folded piece of heavy duty aluminum foil (be sure to use heavy duty) and set it directly on one side of the flavor bar under the grate. Pre-heat for 10-12 minutes and you'll have plenty of smoke to flavor your food.
No grill is perfect -- I've owned a couple of dozen, both gas and charcoal. Yes, this Weber Go Anywhere grill costs twice as much as the box store junk, but you get what you pay for. And it's perfect for my family/friend outings. I'm also using it more and more at home instead of my larger grill.
Recommended -- 4 stars.
The push-button igniter has worked EVERY time, which I find absolutely amazing. I'm not exaggerating: from the first time I fired this baby up, EVERY time I've started this thing the push button gizmo has worked like a charm. I figured it would be the first thing to "wear out," but even after 3.5 yrs, it's still lighting the flames, usually after just one try.
I have noticed that one side of the grill gets *slightly* warmer than the other -- not a huge difference, but enough that I find I often need to "shift" things around to get them to come out even. However, that CAN be a good thing when I need to cook things to differing degrees of "doneness" for my guests' preferences.
Cleaning hasn't been a huge issue, either -- I use a standard grill brush on the grill, and wash the removable plate that sits over the burner with soap and water in the kitchen sink. A quick wipe down of the exterior, and we're good to go.
I've cooked just about everything you can grill on this thing: steaks, chicken, fish (salmon and mahi mahi), kebobs of all kinds, veggies -- everything turns out great.
Definitely a good investment as far as I'm concerned.