Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on February 21, 2011
I set out to do my research to replace a grill that I was just sick of using. It was just horrible to keep clean. The Weber Genesis received the absolute best reviews of any I could find in the $600 to $1000 price range. I went with the E-310 model due to the fact that I never used the side burner on my other grill.
Having said that, the barbecue is a fabulous looking piece of equipment. It maintains very even heat distribution while using the grill. When using the rotisserie, it's extremely easy to maintain a constant heat setting. And the best part of the grill is the ease of keeping it clean. The flavorizer bars which cover and protect the burners are porcelain coated and removable for ease of cleaning. It is equipped with a porcelain coated drip pan which is similar in design to a swimming pool (shallow at one end and drains to the deeper end). Every last drop of grease flows to the bottom and drains through a 2" by 3" opening and into a 6" by 8" aluminum drain pan. When you are ready to clean it, you just scrape the big stuff from the bottom of the drip pan through the opening into the drain pan. It's about a two or three minute process to remove and clean the drip pan in your kitchen sink, and it comes out as clean as the dishes in your cupboard. The same with the removable drain pan. You couldn't possibly find an easier unit to keep clean. It is absolutely wonderful. Lastly, the quality of the materials and workmanship are unsurpassed.
All and all, I'm about as satisfied as I can be with my purchase of the Genesis E-310. It is without a doubt the best value out there for the money.
on September 16, 2010
I purchased the black Weber Genesis E-310 Natural Gas Grill, rotisserie and cover as a package several months ago from Amazon. The cost for this package together was less than it would have cost to purchase the grill alone at one of the big box stores. I read multiple reviews on grills and was encouraged by several different sources which picked it as a quality piece. I'm the person who has bought cheap propane grills in the past. They rusted and stopped working after a couple years. I decided to spend more and get something which will last multiple years. I also decided to go with natural gas and stop the run for propane.

I plumbed a gas line off the supply line to my water heater. This was fairly easy and inexpensive (the permit ($56) cost more than the parts).

The three pieces - grill, rotissere and cover, arrived timely and in separate shipments. The grill was well packaged and all parts were in the box. The instructions were complete. You just had to read them carefully. The grill went together quickly. It comes with a quick release gas fitting which makes the gas connection very convenient and easy.

It works as advertised. Heats quickly, cooks evenly, and the flavorizer bars stop flare-ups. The cover is very good quality and looks great on the grill. I haven't used the rotisserie yet. I'm impressed and very happy with this purchase.
As usual, Amazon has fulfilled another of my purchase goals. This natural gas grill is a step up in my grilling experience. It arrived in a "to be assembled" box and i was sure it was going to be a headache to assemble. Surprise, I had it together and ready to grill in about an hour. Weber's instructions and packaging allowed me to easily assemble this unit with simple included tools. I started with these tools, but I have to admit that I cheated and used my socket wrench set. Of course, not everyone has these types of tools available.

As for the operation of the grill, I have always wanted to be able to use indirect grilling techniques but was limited by my former two burner propane Weber grill. This grill not only allows me to indirect grill, it also is able to easily reach 475-500 degrees where before I could only reach 300-325 degrees if I was lucky. I used a chef's technique of super heating the grill grate and oiling it several times to "seasoning" it, reducing the problem of food sticking to the grill. Besides being larger, this grill is also taller, which means I (at 6') don't have to bend down while grilling. Without the propane tank under the grill I have a large storage area for grilling tools and accessories.

I am enjoying my new grill and wonder why I didn't move up sooner.
on September 9, 2009
our old Weber Genesis was looking pretty tired. It still cooked fine even with a few pieces not working quite as well. This was a grill that got heavy, heavy use. Southern California living with a natural gas hook up and one never has to cook indoors.

As an anniversary present we were given this new Weber Genesis. It is definitely new and improved: enclosed cabinet which is great storage for my outdoor mesh cooking pans and racks; heavier duty grates, gages and overall design. The iginition/electronic lighter is a pretty flimsy design...but as this was the first to break and break again on my old grill I was hoping it would have been improved. The new grill gets much hotter and holds the heat at a constant temperature better.

Delivery was prompt: even faster than expected. Set up was a two person job. My husband is handy with tools and reading instructions. All the parts were there. The gas hose was defective but was replaced immediately by Weber.

So all in all I expect this grill to last at least 20 years. I will let you know later:

6 years later. The outside with minimal maintenance is perfect. I have replaced the grates once and the starter and flavorbars twice. I USE this grill. This is my primary cooking source. Don't be afraid to use it as a Pizza Oven or that place to slow roast a most fabulous Thanksgiving Turkey.
on April 28, 2011
This grill was last year's model and, as such, was sold at a significant discount (over 20% discount). The main difference was that the control knobs on this module were located on the side tray instead of the front of the grill (like the new model). While this utilizes valuable tray space, it is safer because small children can't reach the knobs. The other difference was that the old model has more BTUs...a definite advantage. My last Weber grill lasted nearly 20 years and I expect this one to do the same. Assembly was not difficult. So far, the grill has performed wonderfully. The temperature gauge seems to be accurate and the grill is cooking evenly. So far, I am very pleased.
on June 4, 2009
When looking for natural gas grills, I could not find anything close to the quality of the Weber. I was hesitant to spend this much for a grill, especially when you see many other brands for much less. After visiting various stores and looking closely at the construction, design, and style, it became clear to me that the Weber was in a different class than the Aussie, Brinkman, Charbroil, Charmglow, etc. Installation was a little more involved than I anticipated, however, the instructions were well written with good diagrams showing the necessary details. The grill heats up well, with a very even head distribution over the grates (comparing it to an old Sunbeam). So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I feel that it was definitely worth spending more for a higher quality grill.
on May 5, 2010
Assembly without a helper took me 3-4 hours. The box it comes in is big, and cannot be moved without strong help after it is delivered. It looks nice and cooks well. The burner knobs are a little flimsy and one of them does not line up well with the body, such that it is difficult to tell whether the burner has been shut off all the way. It is designed to look a lot sturdier than it actually is. The stainless steel that you see in the picture is just decorative and provides little to no structural support. All of the structural support comes from the thin frame that everything else bolts into.
on June 26, 2009
Weber make many grills in a wide variety of styles but if what you want is a basic grill that cooks quickly and evenly then the E310 is for you. We bought the natural gas version (plugs into a NG outlet on the side of our house) and it does a great job in grilling everything we have tried - seafood, brats, steak, pork loins, corn, chicken breasts....simply everything! The cast iron grates will benefit from some seasoning (not the shake on kind but heating with a high fat food like brats) and they evenly distribute the heat. All round it's a well built grill that does an impressive job. Thanks Weber.
on May 26, 2010
Just another vote for a great grill. Assembly took about 60 minutes (thanks to excellent instructions -YMMV). Well built, easy to use and clean. I found it no problem to get this unit up to 500 degrees within 10 min using the NG.

The only caveat ( for me anyway) was the Weber quick connect coupling, which is 3/8" in size. My garden connector was 1/2" - so off to Homedepot to buy some couplings and tape (ACE couldn't help). No problems with the setup after it was installed.

Highly recommended as a Natural Gas grill.
on April 1, 2009
I agree with the other reviews regarding ability of this grill to cook. It does great. I would like to point out that this thing was incredibly easy to assemble. So if you are hesitant to buy this thing because you want to the guy at home depot to build your grill for you ... don't be. It took less than an hour with a screw driver and a socket set (you can use the wrench that it came with, but a socket wrench really saves time).

Frankly, this thing was easier to assemble than that piece of crap char-broil that it is replacing.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.