Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 8, 2015
Did not work with my Weber Genesis 1000. Threads are not the same and so will not screw into the manifold (looks close, but simply will not grab). I had purchased this some time ago in anticipation of using up my last old fashioned LP tank. Once the tank was empty, I went to attach a new tank as well as the new hose. No joy as it simply would not screw in. Description says: "Fits Weber models Free Spirit 500 and 700, Genesis 1000 through 5000, and Platinum I and II" -- Nope, at least not my Genesis 1000.

Update: <sigh>, I gave up too quick it seemed. I went back and reinstalled the old hose, saw how it went in (had to be lined up almost perfectly and then had to be screwed evenly even as the hose banged around). I then once again went to put on the new hose. It did seem a bit more picky, but then it bit into the screw and was fine after that. <sigh>
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 18, 2017
Wow, this got a lot more expensive! By far the most finicky regulator I have ever used. Buyers remorse from almost day 1 (Fall of 2014)when I found myself having to take it off of the tank to reset it so my flames would be hot enough to cook food. More than once, I've had to finish off my ribs in the oven when the grill couldn't maintain barbecue temps! It didn't necessarily shut off, it would just get slower and slower. It kind of worked for about 2 years (maybe 1.5) and then just failed to flow gas no matter what I did to try to reset the safety valve. Cooking is zero fun when you constantly worry about the temps changing and having to make quick repairs. Now I'm wondering if I paid to refill tanks that weren't really empty. Not happy with this product at all.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 27, 2017
Fit my old Weber Spirit 700 perfectly. Undid the old regulator fitting which by the way was a little hard to get off. The new fitting and regulator was a perfect replacement. My old tank had expired and could not be filled any more. The slip coupling on the old regulator is no longer used on the new tanks. I thought I needed a new grill but I found this part and saved my old Weber for a few more years of use. The new regulator works good.
on October 2, 2013
Our two burner Weber Spirit Grill is about 19 years old. It still had the original regulator and noticed there was little difference between low and high flame anymore. When ordering any regulator pay attention to the installing fitting. The correct one for the old Weber Spirit has to have a 1/8 male fitting as this one does. The replacement was easy, two open end wrenches to remove the hose at the grill brass fitting. It is always wise to hold the grill brass fitting with one wrench so as to not possibly wring if off in case the hose is installed excessively tight. The grill now regulates perfect--the flame is visually lower then before and goes higher as noted by the temperature gage. The regulator is made in Mexico and looks of good quality--main thing is the grill works perfect again. Highly recommended to update an old Weber Spirit grill.
on September 14, 2015
Fit perfectly, looks and works great.

This is to replace the hose and regulator of my old, very old, Weber (spirit 500, I think it was) grill. The original one has a Weber quick connect/release connector and would not fit the standardized valve connector for newer tanks. Replacement was simple and it works perfectly.

The Weber grill itself is very sturdy. Note that it has a new hose with new regulator and connectors, and a new tank, I expect it to continue to work for many for years.
on December 27, 2017
Have been using this for years and it's still great. Had to get it, to convert from the old style connector, and it's much easier now to hook up the tank.
on July 3, 2013
The collar that attaches to the propane cylinder snapped off our ten year old weber grill, rendering it useless. After ten years though, I really can't complain. We ordered the part, and it arrived quickly in good condition. After reading through all of the dire warnings in the instructions that the work should only be done by a certified weber grill repair technition (how many of those are floating around anyway, really...) I decided that my job working with medical gasses should probably give me the requisite skill level to work with propane, and delved ahead. I dissassembled the grill control panel as directed in the instructions, removed the damaged regulator and hose, applied teflon tape to the connector on the new assembly and tightened everything in to place. Then, per the instructions, I applied soapy water to the connection points and observed no bubbles to indicate leak. I reassembled the control panel, and was quickly back to grilling. The entire repair took approximately 20 minutes. The original regulator would frequently trip the safety valve when the grill was repositioned, requiring us to bleed the regulator and restart the grill. The new regulator does not seem to have the same issue.
on May 17, 2015
Attached perfectly to my Weber a Genesis 1000 (Orange) grill which I bought new in 1999. Replaced burners and flavor bars summer 14 and grill was not getting as hot as I preferred. struggled to get above 400 degrees. Replaced hose & regulator and first time out grill heated to 600 degrees. Replaced easily in five minutes and allowed me to get rid of quick coupler I was using previously. Very pleased, highly recommend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 6, 2015
I have a Smokey Mountain Smoker, this is one of them" before" they stop using a iron wood box, vents on the side for better air flow , and a full length hinge on the removable door and down sized the burner also the stop using a deep water bowel . So when the regulator with the hose which screws into a 1/8 thread LP gas control valve stops working I went on a hunt to find the replacement ..... The company which makes them has stop making this product ....but Thanks To Amazon I found the replacement after a very long search. As of this date they only have a few left.
Amazon is now my go to place for anything.
on September 28, 2016
Exactly as described and needed to update my old Weber Genesis 1000 series grill to use the QCC1 connector type. The refill stations would no longer service tanks with quick disconnect connectors but swapped them out for the QCC1 types.