Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Weber 18-inch Smokey Mountain Cooker, Charcoal Smoker
|Item Weight||39.1 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||21 x 19 x 41 inches|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Material Type: Steel
- The Weber Smokey Mountain charcoal smoker helps you achieve an authentic smokehouse flavor at home
- It can accommodate a whole turkey and an entire ham at the same time. Item weight- 39.1 pounds
- Made of porcelain-enameled steel, this smoker comes with 2 nickel-plated 18-1/2-inch-wide cooking grates
- Includes a water pan, thermometer, individual vents on bowl and lid, and heat-resistant nylon handle
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 18 Inch Smoker
Do it for the love of classic barbecue. For tender meat falling off the bone and the first savory bite that makes taking it low- and-slow, in your Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker, worth every moment.
Plated steel cooking grates
Rust resistant metal legs
Built-in lid thermometer
Capacity of the Smokey Mountain Cooker 18"
Taking it low-and-slow has never tasted so good. The big cooking area easily executes a large roast that'll feed the family for days.
Compare with similar items
Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker, 30 inch, Black
Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker
Audew Charcoal Smoker Grill Outdoor, 18'' Smokey Mountain Cooker Meat Smoker with Heat Control/ 2 Cooking Racks for BBQ Outdoor Picnic Camping
Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18" Charcoal Smoker
Realcook Vertical 17 Inch Steel Charcoal Smoker, Heavy Duty Round BBQ Grill for Outdoor Cooking, Black
|Color||Black||Black||Black||black||18" Charcoal||17" Charcoal|
|Item Dimensions||21.00 x 19.00 x 41.00 inches||19.88 x 20.47 x 33.26 inches||20.20 x 34.52 x 47.03 inches||18.50 x 18.50 x 45.00 inches||25.00 x 25.00 x 45.00 inches||22.00 x 17.00 x 35.00 inches|
|Item Weight||39.10 lbs||45.90 lbs||57.00 lbs||—||25.00 lbs||—|
|Power Source||charcoal||Corded Electric||Charcoal||charcoal||charcoal||Charcoal|
The first bite of tender, fall-off-the-bone meat makes taking it low-and-slow worth every moment. The Smokey Mountain Cooker™ smoker has two cooking grates for smoking multiple items at once, and easily adjustable dampers for precision heat control. There’s nothing quite like waiting all day for dinner.
• WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. • Combustion byproducts produced when using this product contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. • WARNING: This product can expose you to soot, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and carbon monoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once I saw that monstrosity, I realized my choice was between the 18&14 inch size. After much research and measuring, I realized the 18 inch version was too big as well (& must be equally heavy) - the 18 inch seems like the right size for someone who entertains for 40+ people regularly - overkill for someone wanting to invite his family over or cook for his own family. To put it in perspective, you can fit two pork butts on the 14 and 4 butts on the 18 - I recently did one butt and had enough pulled pork for 6 adults and 6 kids, and there were left overs that could have fed at least one more family (2 adults and 2 kids) - this means I can feed 12-16 with one butt and 24-32 with 2 on the 14 - more than enough. There is a reason Weber started making the 14" again - it is perfect for a small gathering.
Also, the 14 uses less fuel and will cost less per use in the long run (for example if you smoke 2 butts in the 18 (versus its capacity of 4) u need to use more fuel because of the bigger space to heat up. Remember the unit is engineered/designed for use of Both racks (which makes the 18 more efficient for 4 pork butts versus the 22 for example).
Another bonus is the 14 kept the temperature very consistent and did not overheat like some have noticed with the bigger models (must be all that charcoal) Finally the 14 is portable (and used around the world by bbq teams that compete) and easier to clean given its smaller footprint.
My 14 had enough room for us to cook a slab of 5 pound brisket bought at our local warehouse club and an entire slab of baby back ribs cut up into 3 parts. The ribs were perfect and moist - the brisket was perfectly smoked and tender. I did this for my family and we could have easily fed another 8 people. Using the minion method of heating coal (in middle area) there is was enough fuel for an overnight cook 13+ hours at 200-210. I couldn't be happier with the 14inch size and am convinced it was the right call as it is efficient and portable. As a bonus cleaning it was easy as well. If you are on the fence, go with the 14" and use the 100 bucks saved on accessories and food. You will thank me as the others are overkill unless you have a business or cook regularly for 40 (18") or 70 people (22"). Happy smoking!
Here are my Mods:
Replace factory thermometer with 4 inch River Country thermometer
BBQ Gaskets gasket mod for the lid
Cajun Bandit Door and Coal Ring
WSM Water Pan Cover
Weber 7440 Additional Charcoal Grate (This helps the charcoal to burn longer)
UnKnown BBQ Hinge Kit for the Lid
Weber 8835 Hinged Cooking Grate
Weber 7403 Charcoal Briquet Holders
Char-Broil 18 inch Additional Cooking Grate
Phil-in-Florence Ultimate Mod on YouTube
FireBoard with 20 CFM Fan for Auto Temp Control
As you can see the WSM is like a Tacoma or Jeep - its been around long enough that people have come up with new and innovative ways to enhance the basic WSM cooker. My Mods allow you to use the WSM as a smoker or as a direct/indirect grill. The FireBoard and Cajun Bandit charcoal ring allow for overnight cooks and sleeping at the same time. Longest cook so far is 18 hours using Kingsford Blue.
PROS - 22.5 is the perfect size because of fuel capacity. You don't skimp on charcoal when buying $60 brisket. Versatile - Can be used as a grill or smoker with appropriate mods. Your friends and family will like you more simply because of the food...
CONS - The side access door is flimsy.
Top reviews from other countries
1) Upgraded to 5" River Country (RC-T5) adjustable thermometer (available from Amazon) so I could see the temps from much farther away
2) Added a second charcoal grate (available from Amazon) perpendicular to the stock charcoal grate and held in place with wire. This slows down the rate at which coals fall to the bottom
3) Upgraded the top grate with flexible hinges for indirect cooking (available from Amazon)
4) The stock door is flimsy tin and some people said they have leaks so I upgraded to stainless steel with better handle (cajun bandit)
5) I added the stainless steel hinge for the WSM (available from Amazon)
6) I added locking caster wheels to the bottom of the aluminum legs so I could wheel it around my deck (available from Amazon or your local hardware)
7) I added steel handles to the drum center section so I could pick up the top and middle section together.
I will also say that the mods above are not necessary to using the WSM but they certainly make using it much better and easier. Remember, if you do any mods and drill holes into the WSM, use heat rated rust paint for touch ups. There are online videos where you can watch many of these upgrades and decide for yourself.
Very easy to put together & the size is perfect for simple home cooking. We usually don't entertain for a large crowd so this is the perfect sized grill for us. I also own a Weber Genesis (gas) for every day use & it is as good as the day I bought it 4 years ago. I figure with this Weber smoker will last easily as long. Excellent quality for the price. I would highly recommend this smoker for anyone considering it.
He smoked ribs and the traditional salmon which was amazing. Great buy! He'll be using it for a very long time, I am sure of it.