Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Weber 741001 Original Kettle 22-Inch Charcoal Grill
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied grill
- Moving product to another location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 2 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kettle Grill With 363 Square Inches Of Total Cooking Space
- 22-Inch-Diameter Plated-Steel Cooking Grate; Rust-Resistant Vents
- Porcelain-Enameled Bowl And Lid With Glass-Reinforced Nylon Handles
- Aluminum Ash Catcher; Aluminized-Steel One-Touch Cleaning System
- Measures 22- Inches Long By 25 Inches Wide By 38-1/2 Inches High; 10-Year Limited Warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Immerse yourself in the sound of crackling briquettes and the rich, inviting smell of smoke. Stay true to the modern version of the kettle that started it all - the Original Kettle. Invented by Weber's founder, and loved around the world. This is the essence of charcoal grilling.
Weber One-Touch Charcoal Kettle
Easy Does It
Weber's legendary charcoal grills have become a backyard icon. Just pick a size, pick a color, and get ready to inspire neighborhood-wide envy.
Weber's Original Charcoal Grilling System
At Weber they believe that grilling should be as fun as it is flavorful. Self-proclaimed perfectionists, they've dedicated themselves to that standard since 1952 when they made their first charcoal kettle. That's because they know that when you've got friends and family hovering around the grill, hungry for that unmistakable charcoal flavor, the last thing you want to contend with is shoddy construction or burnt food. So Weber did their homework, designing products that won't let you down. The result? Grills that don't require an engineering degree to assemble, last for many long years of dependable service and--most importantly--deliver exceptionally delicious grilled results every time.
Bowl and Lid
Weber kettles combine traditional design with innovation in production. Made of steel and coated with porcelain enamel, the bowl and lid are formed exactly right to allow heat to circulate around the inside of the grill for even cooking. The porcelain enamel is baked on at approximately 1500 degrees F ensuring that your grill will not only withstand the heat of many cookings, but also resist rust- and burn-through. In addition, the smooth, hard-wearing surface makes cleanup easy.
Closed-lid cooking is a signature of Weber products. The damper system created by Weber allows for control of the heat inside the unit without lifting the lid. Simply adjusting the damper provides temperatures low enough to smoke food for hours or high enough the sear steaks. Made of rust-resistant aluminum and placed just so in the lid, the damper is as durable as it is functional
Every Weber charcoal cooking grate provides ample cooking area for any meal. Made of heavy-duty plated steel, these cooking grates are durable and easy to clean, and they can hold enough heat to give you beautiful sear marks. The hinged grates have an area on either side that lifts to allow access to the fuel without lifting the whole grate or removing food from the grill. Adding or adjusting charcoal is hassle free and easy.
The Weber charcoal grate has what it takes to withstand the heat of any charcoal fire. Made of heavy-duty plated steel, these durable grates won't warp or burn through. Additionally, they give you enough space for a direct set-up or an indirect set-up. Weber charcoal grates give you the flexibility to cook the way you want.
One-Touch Cleaning System
The One-Touch cleaning system makes cleanup hassle free. As you rotate the handle, the three blades in the bowl move ash through the vents in the bowl and down into the ash catcher. The aluminum ash catcher lifts out for easy ash disposal and cleaning. The fully enclosed ash catcher keeps ashes from blowing around and is easily detached for quick and clean ash removal. This not only makes cleaning out the bowl a breeze but also helps keep you cooking longer by preventing the build-up of ashes that blocks vents and suffocates the fire.
In addition to providing a quick and easy way to clean the bowl, the One-Touch cleaning system also acts as a second damper. The same vents that allow ash to fall easily out of the bowl help bring oxygen up to the fire. Closing the One-Touch cleaning system and the top damper allow you to choke out the fire easily.
22.5-Inch Silver One-Touch Charcoal Kettle Grill
As part of the One-Touch series, the 22.5-inch Silver kettle grill provides a plated-steel cooking grate that measures 22-1/2 inches in diameter for 363 square inches of total cooking space. The sleek unit also features a heavy-gauge porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with glass-reinforced nylon handles, rust-resistant vents, durable all-weather wheels, and an aluminum ash catcher. Best of all, the grill's aluminized-steel One-Touch cleaning system allows you to empty the ash in seconds without getting your hands dirty. Overall, the grill measures 22-1/2 inches long by 25 inches wide by 38-1/2 inches high and carries a 10-year limited warranty.
Note: Images shown above are of the Weber One-Touch Charcoal Kettle series in Black; features illustrated vary by model.
What is Weber T.I.P.S.?
When George Stephen created the first Weber grill, he wanted to be able to bring his family together for a good meal. He insisted on a product that would exceed customers' expectations.
In the years since then, the Weber name has become synonymous with backyard barbecues and the family, friends, and good times that go with them. At Weber, they continue that tradition of excellence in everything they do from the development of new grills and accessories to the services they provide to customer and dealers.
From the very beginning, Weber revolutionized backyard grilling. Since then, they have continued to develop products that enhance the grilling experience. From the original kettle with heat controlling dampers to electronic temperature controls and Flavorizer bars, Weber continues to be at the forefront of modern grilling, making the backyard a part of your kitchen.
Weber grills have been and will continue to be the true definition of performance in backyard grilling. Whether you're cooking a basic burger or an extensive meal, Weber grills are designed and engineered to give you the best performance every time.
Service is of the utmost importance at Weber. Their Customer and Dealer Service associates work every day to ensure that their customers and dealers have the support they need.
2012 Weber One-Touch Charcoal Grills
|Color / Item||Black 441001||Black 741001||Black 451001||Black 751001||Dark Blue 758001||Green 757001||Black 781001||Black 1361001|
|Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Plated-steel cooking grate||•||•|
|Plated-steel hinged cooking grate||•||•||•|
|Stainless-steel hinged cooking grate||•|
|Total cooking area (square inches)||240||363||240||363||508||363|
|Heavy-duty steel cart frame||•|
|Thermoset work tables||2|
|Aluminized-steel One-Touch cleaning system||•||•||•||•||•|
|Stainless-steel One-Touch cleaning system||•|
|Aluminum ash catcher||•||•|
|Removable, aluminum high-capacity ash catcher||•||•||•||•|
|Wire bottom shelf||•|
|Glass-reinforced nylon handles||2||2||3||3||3||2|
|Durable all-weather wheels||2||2||2||2|
|Durable all-weather wheels with full wheel hubs||2||2|
|Char-Basket charcoal fuel holders||2|
|Tuck-Away lid holder||•||•|
|Charcoal (sold separately)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|LxWxH (inches)||18.5 x 23 x 35||22.5 x 25 x 38.5||18.5 x 25 x 35||22.5 x 27 x 38.5||24.4 x 32 x 42.3||26 x 50.1 x 41.2|
For outdoor use, only.
Top customer reviews
1. Performance- the grill is highly adjustable, and easy to control heat levels with the upper and lower vent. Food can either be placed over the coals for high heat, or away from them for more gradual indirect cooking.
2. Versatility- the grill is air tight with both vents closed, so can be used as a very effective indirect heat smoker. If you want to control the location of the charcoal more precisely than piling it up on one side, use the Weber Charcoal Rails, available on Amazon for $7-8, which enable you to precisely contain coals on opposite sides of the grill, and add more through the hinged grate when necessary, for longer smoking jobs. I find the rails to be superior to the baskets, since they vent air better and provide for more positional flexibility. If you're on a budget, use bricks for this purpose instead of rails, which have the added benefit of heat retention.
3. Efficiency/Economy- good charcoal is not cheap, and it can be used multiple times if you completely close the vents when you are done cooking. The airtight nature of this grill that allows for this charcoal recycling is nearly impossible to find on other (non-Weber) grills, in my experience. If you have found one that seals up tighter than this model, I'd love to hear from you and know what other models compete in this area.
4. Taste- I will only use a gas grill if I am in a big hurry, with no time to wait for the charcoal heating period. I have found that when I am in such a hurry, I should likely not be grilling at all. Cooking over wood/charcoal gives food a superior smoky flavor versus any gas grill, in my opinion.
Happy grilling, and I hope this review was helpful.
Since the old Weber yet had a nice shine on the black metal and everything else worked and looked great, i removed the grill rack and filled it with dirt and planted flame colored flowers for our patio. What an interesting flowerpot it makes. The vent holes keep the dirt drained well. Next year I may try growing yellow squash in the Weber. Who'd a thought?
I prefer Weber to all other wood burning grills I've owned in my lifetime. I've tried many, in all sizes. This is #1 for my taste, and cooking preference. I also make my own charcoal using Osage orange wood burned in a patio fire pan, then doused half burned. It burns better than traditional manufactured and bagged charcoal briquets, lights fast, and with the Weber's ability to cover and snuff out the coals, I get multiple grilling meals with a single batch of charcoal.
My favorite grilled meat is a tie, an Angus cheeseburger or filet Mignon. Of course, due to cost, I grill more burgers than steaks. Also often grill halved summer squash, Vadelia onion, mushrooms, and asparagus. SHE loves grilled shrimp too. For chicken fans, thighs grill up tastier than breasts, but have a higher calorie and fat count. But when it's grill time, who counts? Right?