Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Weber Original Kettle Premium Charcoal Grill, 22-Inch, Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid thermometer
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Porcelain-enameled lid and bowl retain heat, and won’t rust or peel
- Use the lid hook to avoid placing the lid on the ground while grilling
- Cooking grate is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling
- 3D interactive assembly instructions for this product are available through the free BILT app.
Frequently bought together
Like or dislike for instant recommendations
Save or upgrade with a similar grill
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy To Clean
The One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle free cleanup of charcoal ash and debris by swiping it into a high-capacity, removable ash catcher.
Precision Heat Control
Control the temperature of your grill, without lifting the lid, by easily adjusting the dampers. Closing the dampers completely will cut the oxygen flow to help extinguish coals.
Withstands High Temperatures
Arrange charcoal on the fuel grate for either direct or indirect grilling.
Easily Add Fuel While Grilling
Cooking grate is easy to clean, retains heat, and is hinged for easily adding charcoal while grilling.
Shields Handle From Heat
The heat shield helps prevent your lid handle from getting too hot.
Convenient Lid Placement
The angled lid hook allows you to conveniently hang your lid on the side of the grill to avoid placing it on the ground.
Easily Access Grilling Tools
Hang your grilling tools, such as spatulas and tongs, on the hooks for easy access and organization of your workspace.
The durable wheels allow you to easily move your grill around the yard, and will withstand the elements.
Compare with similar items
Weber Jumbo Joe Charcoal Grill 18 Inch Black
Char-Griller 2137 Outlaw 1063 Square Inch Charcoal Grill / Smoker
Royal Gourmet 30" BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker | 800 Square Inch cooking surface, Outdoor for Camping | Black, CC1830S model
Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, Graphite
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Item Dimensions||39.50 x 22.50 x 27.00 inches||19.75 x 20.50 x 19.75 inches||49.00 x 29.00 x 50.00 inches||55.10 x 27.20 x 48.40 inches||26.60 x 24.80 x 21.65 inches|
Spark your passion for charcoal grilling with the Kettle that started it all. The Original Kettle Premium charcoal grill boasts upgraded features, such as a hinged cooking grate for easily adding charcoal while grilling, and the One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher, making for a smooth grilling experience from beginning to end.
• WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. • Combustion byproducts produced when using this product contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. • WARNING: This product can expose you to soot, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and carbon monoxide, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I did a lot of research prior to purchasing this grill from Amazon. I chose a charcoal grill over propane because I didn't want to deal with propane tanks (a friend had his grill go up in flames because of a loose hose and nearly burned his house down--No thank you!), I like the taste and smell from charcoal grills more, and most importantly because of the cost. It was less expensive to get a nice charcoal grill like this one than to get an equally nice propane grill. The entry cost into grilling was more reasonable with a charcoal grill. This freed up funds to get some important accessories, which I recommend to anyone buying this grill: a chimney starter, grilling tools like tongs, fork, etc, a steel brush to clean the grates, the Weber Fire starter cubes, and some heavy duty mitts to protect your hands and forearms while grilling. I purchased all these from Amazon at the same time I purchased the grill.
As for choosing a which charcoal grill to get, I chose this model over the lesser expensive model because of the ash catcher, and I'm glad I did.
The grill arrived in its original box and was easy to put together on my own, with the exception of attaching the ash catcher itself. But I just kept trying (and referring to the picture-only instructions) and eventually got it. It was put together in about 40 minutes, and that was putting it together myself.
One of the best things I did was lookup videos online about this grill to see how it was used and put together. I learned about closing the vents on the lid and on the bottom to reduce heat, and how to quickly get the charcoal ready for grilling by using a chimney starter and Weber Fire Starter cubes (which I highly recommend getting).
As my brother and dad arrived to my house yesterday for our Memorial Day BBQ, each were skeptical about this charcoal grill because they have propane grills at home and like the convenience of them. "It will take an hour to get to coals ready," said my brother. "Those burgers are way too thick to cook through. They'll be raw in the middle," said my dad.
Both were surprised when the charcoal was ready within about 20 minutes using the chimney! And after getting some nice grill marks on both sides of the burgers, I put the lid on and closed the vents to let them finish cooking the middle of the burgers in a lower heat. The burgers turned out perfectly! The best compliment was Dad and others asking me how I grilled these thick burgers so well without burning them to dust. LOL! It's all in the vents! And I think investing in an awesome grill helped, too.
My brother and dad both were asking about the grill by the end of the party. I think they might be considering trading in their propane grills for their own Weber kettle grills soon. ;)
Lastly, just a bit of advice to any amateur grill masters like myself out there... Do yourself a favor and start out with this grill. All of the excellent reviews tell you that it's a good grill. The fact that so many experienced backyard chefs keep returning to their Weber kettle grills is very telling. Also, be sure to look up recipes at YouTube. I searched for "hamburger on charcoal grill" and found lots of videos with great advice on getting perfect burgers. And bonus! Nearly all of the people in the videos were using a Weber kettle grill. :)
Installation wasn't that bad. I agree with most of the folks that the instructions could be better. The legs are very tough to install, a key tool I used was a paper clip in order to get the snap to go just right. So you'll need one of these thing handy to get the legs on.
Once the grill was installed (15min.), getting smoke rolling is quick. My first cook was the following:
1. Jerk Chicken Legs
2. Stuffed Clams
3. Baked Potatoes and Steak
It's a lot of food, but I had to break her in and she did a fantastic job!! The family loved all the food.
Clean up was easy with it. I just swept all the ashes to the bottom and then removed the ash tray which is quick and fast.
Love this green cooking machine and it will last a very long time!
He was thrilled with the rich copper color which we are using as an accent color throughout our home.
The grill was easy to assemble, only taking a few minutes. It is sturdy and has a very “quality” look and feel.
Normally it is just the two of us eating but the grilling surface is huge and easily accommodates cooking for a crowd. I think we did 12 burgers and a few hot dogs at once for a family party. We have used it for chicken, grilled veggies, steaks, pork roast, grilled pineapple and more. In fact, I rarely turn on my stove now! Once of our favorite easy meals is to add a few extra topping and extra cheese to a frozen pizza and bake it on the hot grill…much better than take-out pizza and so quick and convenient!
Back in the day, the ash catchers on charcoal grills were messy and difficult to empty without getting covered in soot. Not so with the new design which does a better job of containing the ashes and makes clean up a breeze. We oil the grates with a little olive oil spray before cooking making cleaning the grates less of a chore. There are other handy “new” features as well such as the lid handle that does not get hot and hooks for hanging your utensils.
Most importantly to us, the grill, even with its huge cooking surface, does not take up a lot of space on our tiny deck (not like a bulky gas grill).
We love our Weber Kettle and recommend it to anyone looking for a grill.
Top international reviews
Este asador es la versión antigua a la actual publicada (adjunto imágenes) en la pagina de weber, es por eso que tiene un precio menor, en este las ruedas son distintas, no trae la media parrilla en nivel superior par conservar calientes los alimentos, no se le pueden adaptar accesorios al centro como la placa para pizzas, o sarten de hierro.
En resumen es buen asador, Funciona de manera grandiosa y es todo lo que esperas de la marca weber, pero si lo que buscas es el nuevo modelo este NO lo es.
My propane barbeque is now relegated to being a very expensive food warmer now.
I have a Kamado Joe Big Joe - cost me $2500 and is a blast to smoke and roast in. Problem with that is there's a lot of prep time, and takes forever to cool off. Also cleanup is annoying.
This grill on the other hand is PERFECT.
1. PORTABILITY and WEIGHT - This thing is light, and can be carried by one person up and down deck stairs without a hitch. If you have a big enough car you can even clean out the inside and shove it in the trunk for a bbq in the park or at a friend's who doesn't have a bbq. Takes up little real estate and fits near anywhere in my backyard.
2. PRICE - Picked this up for under $300 with a cover off amazon including tax. It was shipped to me in 2 days. Can't get better than that.
3. WEBER - It's a Weber. Quality and warranty are top notch. This will last me years and years.
4. ACCESSORIES - There is a multitude of accessories for this grill, all within easily affordable prices.
5. GRILL SPACE - For what you pay you get a massive grill surface (22") to use and can easily refill charcoal without taking it off the grill grate through the 2 side openings that fold up and down on your grill grate.
6. SETUP - This was so easy to put togethor. 30 minutes without a hitch. Read the instructions and pay attention to the orientation of parts and you'll be set!
1. METAL - While I knew this going into the purchase, the metal is very thin and doesn't retain heat well. Also the metal on the legs is very thin and flimsy - again something I was aware of. Thankfully everything is either rust proof or coated so rust won't be an issue for many years. Time will tell how well this cooks in the winter as the cold will make it so you need more fuel to get to high temps for pizzas and such.
2. CHARCOAL GRATE - Metal grate width is very wide so smaller lump charcoal bits go straight down. You'll want to use charcoal briquettes to minimize wasted fuel. This is also soemthing I knew.
Overall! This is an amazing grill. The two gripes I went in knowing about so it's not Weber's fault, and I can't dock a star for it as it's just their own design.
For what you pay for, this should be in EVERYONE'S home. If you love to grill, click the buy button NOW.
**pictures coming soon!
However, when it comes to actually cooking, it does work fine. It keeps it's temperature. And it's easy to add wood chips to. Would I buy it again - no. Would I recommend it - no.
My deck faces the ocean and typical 'stainless steel' BBQ's costing $300+ last about 3 years before they disintegrate from the salt spray.
I bought this one to replace my previous Weber kettle BBQ that lasted 10 years, and not because of rust. but because the grill had worn thin and I liked the features of this model. Plus the copper colour is really really nice.
I hope to get ten years out of this beauty as well.
Now my charcoal keeps burning until it becomes ash or I chose smother the flames by closing the vents.