Webroot Window Washer
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Increases computer performance
- Scrubs hundreds of areas on your PC to remove unnecessary files to ensure your privacy and free up valuable disk space
- Cleans all aspects of your browser activity, including Internet history, address bar, cache, cookies, and more. Includes Firefox, Internet Explorer, AOL and Netscape support
- Completely overwrites files with random characters to make them unrecoverable. Exceeds the standards of the Department of Defense & the National Security Agency
- Free Space Cleaner - Free space on your computer contains portions of old and previously deleted files and documents; this area is cleaned making the files you deleted earlier permanently unrecoverable
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Keep your information private and keep your PC clean and healthy with Window Washer for Windows. It washes away all traces of your PC and Internet activity and improves your system performance. Its Permanent Bleaching encryption feature completely overwrites files with random characters to make them unrecoverable. This feature is so powerful it exceeds the tough standards of the Department of Defense and the National Security Agency.
Shred a folder and all of its contents, or just a single file Prevents accidental removal of important files Smart Cookie Saver - deletes the cookies you don't want and keeps those you do Cleans the latest versions of your favorite programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Search Toolbar, iTunes, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat, to keep them running smoothly Cleaning for over 470 3rd party programs Set Window Washer to clean your system at specified intervals. For added security, set it to wash when you close your Internet browser Fully erase your hard drive, files, programs and operating system for easy re-formatting. Good for when you're donating or selling your PC and you don't want your files to be seen by strangers Requirements - Windows Vista, 2000, or XP; 266 Mhz processor
Top customer reviews
My issues started when I moved to Windows 7 as an OS. The big surprise was that Windows Washer was the only software I owned that was not compatible. It took many months before a compatible version was available.
The next issue was in March 2011 when I upgraded to Firefox 4.0. Surprise - Window Washer is not compatible. So for a month or so I am waiting for Webroot to catch up.
This software is becoming more trouble than it is worth. CCCleaner downloaded free from FileHippo.com does most of what it does. If it worked seamlessly I would probably keep it - but it is becoming more trouble than it is worth.
Most recent customer reviews
However, they do not support 64-bit Windows operating systems as of Nov 2009.Read more