Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 91 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 233 reviews
on July 14, 2013
I bought Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus 2013 because it was highly rated in a prominent computer website. Part of the high rating was for good system performance. That wasn't my experience. I had Avast Internet Security, but switched to Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus because of the high rating in the computer website review. My mouse arrow was slow to respond and I often saw the spinning circle telling me to wait for functions that used to happen quickly. After a couple of days watching my computer do its own thing, I decided that I wanted to take back my computer. I uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus and reinstalled Avast Internet Security. My computer is now fast again. Avast Internet Security doesn't get as good a review as Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, but I get to use my computer. By the way, my computer is Win 7, with a fast Intel processor, 8GB RAM, and a high-power graphics board, so it is fast, without Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2013
The antivirus software performs well, but has one serious flaw. It does not remember manual exceptions of installed programs on the computer. I have a program that I need to use, but Webroot thinks it contains virus. That's fine, as I know the program probably has a suspicious component, but it's not vicious and I need it. But there is no way to simply set a permanent exception. Any manual "allow" seems to be only temporary, and gets overwritten in the next scan. It becomes a constant struggle. Cannot live with it. Rather unfortunate, especially considering that the antivirus software itself performs so well with such an attractive user interface.
on July 10, 2013
I've been using Webroot for about four or five years, including when the product was Prevx. Webroot acquired Prevx and eventually replaced their Webroot flagship product with the Prevx product (you can do an Internet search if you want more info). I'll focus this review on my experience with the company and product.

What I like about it ... other reviews have covered the positive features well. For me, the fast scan is the best feature.

Regarding using with other security programs ... when using this program, I've always used this program with another computer-based security program, in the past with the Zone Alarm full suite (which I eventually had too many issues with after using over ten years), then with Norton Internet Security Suite 2012 and now Norton 360 2013. While I am not a tech, I started in computer sales in 1985, and software sales in 1993, and would put myself in the intermediate category. From this level, I have not seen any significant issues running with another computer-based security program. Could there be something on a much more technical level where there is a conflict? That is possible. Now, the Complete and Internet Security Plus versions include a "firewall", password protection, etc. So, that opens up more opportunity for conflicts. But, I think I have only experienced one virus in the last five years. So, this dual approach has worked fairly well for me. In the Prevx days, they actually positioned the product this way.

Regarding support ... One criteria I look at with software is what support does the company offer, and when. Webroot only offers technical support for consumers from M-F, 7am to 6 pm MT. They have sales there later at night and on the weekends, but not support. In this day and time that is very weak. I've experienced both quick phone call responses and VERY long wait times (over thirty minutes).

In short, I would not use this as my primary malware protection, but like it as an extra layer of protection. What happens if you have a virus and cannot connect to Webroot? It is Cloud-based ... you better have a plan. (You can read my reviews under Complete and Internet Security Plus of why I would use Webroot "AntiVirus" over these.)
on December 7, 2013
Webroot - this is clearly THE best antivirus ever created. I wouldn't be surprised if it blocked the NSA malware and snooping activities as well. The code is tight and fast resulting in super fast scans, false positives are extremely rare, and I've yet to see a malware penetrate Webroot. The best part is the small footprint both in memory and on the hard drive. Previously I loved Prevx v3.0, but WRSA is the next generation, designed by the same key team members as Prevx (post company merger). As a consultant, I often use WRSA to find malware after a client failed to find them with other "popular and competing a/v packages". You can fill in the blank. ;-) Having the latest competitor's virus definitions is no longer a benefit. Lastly, unlike competitors, when one has a solid suggestion or bug report, often the WRSA team will fix it within hours/days unlike the competition which MAY look at the problem months later if at all (I speak from years of such experience as a software engineer, IT consultant and contributor).
on November 24, 2013
If I could find something better I'd be using it instead. This is the 3rd year in a row I've installed Webroot. The system overhead requirements are reasonable. The reviews are very good and it is reasonably effective - sometimes too much so. Each year it has been a pain to get installed, nothing seems straight forward or intuitive. But, with some effort and patience it gets done. This year it missed a number of malware installs on my system. I discovered this when the FIrefox toolbar was hijacked. Webroot didn't see any problem with this. Spyhunter (the paid for version) found and removed the hijacker and found several others that it removed. So, now I run a combination of the two. They seem to coexist alright. I had been hoping to continue to use Webroot as a one and only as I had the previous two years. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
on August 18, 2013
Bought Webroot through Amazon, where it is much cheaper than direct from the provider. In use for a week now. It says it stopped 3 threats already. PC seems to run faster than when Trend Micro was installed.

Had Trend Micro for a year. During that time, two different viruses killed my PC and cost me hundreds of dollars. Trend Micro didn't help at all. When I called, I got India. They demanded personal information such as DOB. They refused to help. Want to give personal identity information out to a foreign country that has nothing to do with supporting their product?? They refused to let me speak to an American or anyone I could understand.

Before buying, I checked with Webroot, and they claim you can get English-speaking help, if you need it. That was important in making my choice.

Wild Turkey
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2014
I ran a risk purchasing this for my newer iMac. It came with instructions, disk, and registration code... none of which I needed. You are better off downloading online, as it makes you download it anyway. The disc and paying from amazon was pointless. Does not work and have to pay to download.
on August 2, 2017
Great product
on February 28, 2015
Great Price on Webroot Antivirus. Webroot is built with a small footprint, runs wickedly fast (even on slow processors like A4, Celeron, and Sempron). Updates automatically, and has won several awards from PC Magazine. Technical Support is a little slow, since you have to submit a web based trouble ticket. All in all, this is the one to have.
on September 25, 2013
For nearly 3 years my desktop computer has had all kinds of periods flubs and headaches. I always blamed the computer. Finally I got rid of Norton and installed this software and voila, my computers working much better all the time. I'm also getting Microsoft updates by the score that must not have been able to get through with Norton. Everybody says that Norton's a memory hog too. Very pleased.