Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 298 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 317 reviews
on August 7, 2013
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.
on May 29, 2016
This dictionary is perfect for my needs. I am in Spanish 1 and sometimes all of the words from my textbook are not defined in the textbook itself, so this is a great supplement. It is not a HUGE dictionary but I have not come across a word that I have not been able to find in this dictionary yet. There are two ways to search for words. English to Spanish translations and Spanish to English translations. The dictionary is easy to understand and I think that it will help me throughout my undergraduate studies. I highly recommend this to anyone who is taking a Spanish course or just wants to have a better understanding of the language.
on September 27, 2016
My daughter needed a dictionary for her 8th grade Spanish class. The Webster's English/Spanish dictionary is a great resource for English to Spanish translation at a great price. This dictionary is straight forward and easy to use. I think it would be the perfect dictionary to take with you if you plan on traveling to a Spanish speaking country and would like to translate. The smaller size and paperback material make it easy for her to slide into her binder. Excellent value for the dictionary.
on August 21, 2016
My son needed a english/spanish dictionary for school. This one was cheap so I brought it. He says it was ok there were a few words not in it that he needed but he has an app on his phone. He likes that this one was easy to use and simple and he could turn the page. So I would recommend this one but need to know that you may need another one for backup incase the word you need as not in there. For the price it was great.
on October 21, 2016
The reasons I do not like this dictionary are actually very simple, if not the most precise. I am reading a book in Spanish, from Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I counted: of the first 25 words I needed translation to English, I found 11 on the dictionary. The other 14 are not there. In other words, need a different dictionary.
on March 12, 2016
I started volunteering for an ESL class and found that they were sorely lacking an English/Spanish Dictionary. The classes were predominantly Hispanic. These dictionaries are simple, large print, easy to carry around and cost about the same as rummaging through thrift stores. They were greeted with enthusiasm and the students still use them from their beginners class onto intermediate, to refer to.
on June 4, 2014
This is purely a dictionary; for phrases one would have to go to one of the "Spanish for Dummies" books, or something of that nature. However, This book has just about every word you would need in the Spanish language.

I use it quite frequently in communicating with people in Austin, and it has been extremely helpful to me. I do intend to eventually study Spanish at the local Community College; however, in the meantime, this book does facilitate my communication with non-English speaking people.

Recommend this for anyone interested in learning Spanish as an adjunct to other books!
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on February 27, 2017
This dictionary is about 3/8" of an inch thick and doesn't give hardly any definition for words except a 1-word definition. This book isn't worth the price because you will soon find yourself looking for a better Spanish dictionary with more descriptions and definition information.
on August 10, 2015
My son's school requires Spanish instruction that goes along with the reading/writing curriculum. Since he's only going into 2nd grade I didn't feel the need to buy him an expensive dictionary. This one is cheap, basic, and small enough for him to carry in his backpack with all his other things.