Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Webster's English SPANISH Dictionary
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on August 7, 2013
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.
on October 26, 2010
I purchased this dictionary to assist in my beginners Spanish course and surprisingly many basic words were not included in these pages.
Quite often, words that were included were misleading in explanation as well. Luckily, I have a language translation application on my phone which helped more often than this book ever could.
on April 10, 2016
This book I give a Dunce Hat to the writer. they have the word graveyard,but not funeral.They have the word rape, but not the word stranger, they don't have the word court, they have the word verdict but not the word guilty. they don't have the word suspect. they have holidays but they don't have easter. they don't have forensics, they don't have advance or retreat, they don't have spy, they don't have attorney, or autumn, orassistant, or ballif,or found, or frozen,or freezing, or full moom, or glasses, or happiness, or gun, or heard, or heartbeat, or haunt, or headboard, or homeless, or ice cream, or icy, or inventor, or jewish, or barefoot, or bathroom, or bedroom, or blood pressure, or pocketbook, or briefcase, or breaking and entering, or consistently, or coward, or coprit, or computer, or computer operator, or Christmas tree, or Christ, or cruise ship, or lease, or living room or lightning, or loan, or license, or lock, or lottery, or lover, or linguist, they have machete and machine gun, they don't have teddy bear, no missing, no motion, no moonlight, no nightstand, no other definition for news, no decective, no dying, no dolphin, or discriminate, or other defiant.for doll, or dove, or dryer, or enter, or everywhere, or eyelash, or eyebrow, or feet, or other defin,for fish, no fishing boat, or flamingo, no forever,no foggy,no strong,no nomad,no northerner, no not guilty, no nurse, no owner, no ownership, no pillow, no rain storm, no receptionist, no rooster, no room, no replay, no reporter, no replica, no robbery, no rob, no run, no row boat, no rug, no roof, no scared,no seashell, no seahorse, no sleeping, no soft, and many many more, I would like a refund. Cynthia Lynn Reyes 8 Green SpringLane Fairview NC
on February 25, 2014
I had my principal find me some money to buy a classroom set. There are so many basic words that are not in there. My students use apps to find more words. Problem is that not all of my students have smart phones. Find a $5 dictionary that offers more.
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on August 3, 2016
I ordered this book for my daughter who will be taking Spanish in high school. I speak fairly fluent Spanish and after receiving the dictionary, it is exactly what she needs. It is very simple to use. It has a section for English words with a one word translation for Spanish, and vice versa. Each word tells you if it is a noun, verb, adj, etc. This would be the perfect dictionary to take with you if you plan on traveling to a Spanish speaking country and would like to translate. Excellent value for the dictionary!
on November 22, 2013
I bought this dictionary to complement the spanish learning system I bought. I use it more now to look up words that come to my mind that I would like find in Spanish. Pretty straight forward and easy to use.
on May 29, 2016
This dictionary is perfect for my needs. I am in Spanish 1 and sometimes all of the words from my textbook are not defined in the textbook itself, so this is a great supplement. It is not a HUGE dictionary but I have not come across a word that I have not been able to find in this dictionary yet. There are two ways to search for words. English to Spanish translations and Spanish to English translations. The dictionary is easy to understand and I think that it will help me throughout my undergraduate studies. I highly recommend this to anyone who is taking a Spanish course or just wants to have a better understanding of the language.
on March 12, 2016
I started volunteering for an ESL class and found that they were sorely lacking an English/Spanish Dictionary. The classes were predominantly Hispanic. These dictionaries are simple, large print, easy to carry around and cost about the same as rummaging through thrift stores. They were greeted with enthusiasm and the students still use them from their beginners class onto intermediate, to refer to.
on April 19, 2016
This dictionary is the worst Spanish/English dictionary ever. Not only are basic vocabulary words missing, they have the wrong words/translations. I ordered twenty for my classroom. I decided to toss them as my students were so often having to ask me for translations that were not in the dictionary. Such a disappointment!!!
review image