Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 21, 2016
The reasons I do not like this dictionary are actually very simple, if not the most precise. I am reading a book in Spanish, from Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I counted: of the first 25 words I needed translation to English, I found 11 on the dictionary. The other 14 are not there. In other words, need a different dictionary.
on September 27, 2016
My daughter needed a dictionary for her 8th grade Spanish class. The Webster's English/Spanish dictionary is a great resource for English to Spanish translation at a great price. This dictionary is straight forward and easy to use. I think it would be the perfect dictionary to take with you if you plan on traveling to a Spanish speaking country and would like to translate. The smaller size and paperback material make it easy for her to slide into her binder. Excellent value for the dictionary.
on June 4, 2014
This is purely a dictionary; for phrases one would have to go to one of the "Spanish for Dummies" books, or something of that nature. However, This book has just about every word you would need in the Spanish language.

I use it quite frequently in communicating with people in Austin, and it has been extremely helpful to me. I do intend to eventually study Spanish at the local Community College; however, in the meantime, this book does facilitate my communication with non-English speaking people.

Recommend this for anyone interested in learning Spanish as an adjunct to other books!
on February 27, 2017
This dictionary is about 3/8" of an inch thick and doesn't give hardly any definition for words except a 1-word definition. This book isn't worth the price because you will soon find yourself looking for a better Spanish dictionary with more descriptions and definition information.
I started volunteering for an ESL class and found that they were sorely lacking an English/Spanish Dictionary. The classes were predominantly Hispanic. These dictionaries are simple, large print, easy to carry around and cost about the same as rummaging through thrift stores. They were greeted with enthusiasm and the students still use them from their beginners class onto intermediate, to refer to.
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on December 30, 2017
It’s great because you can look up words in both languages. I would have given it 5 stars but it didn’t have the phonetic spellings. It also has too many words that you would not hear in every day conversation.
on June 3, 2016
This is a very basic dictionary. I bought several of them for our homeschool co-op classes. I use them mostly for dictionary practice. There are a lot of basic words that aren't in there. It's ok.
on March 20, 2018
Per request of my elementary sch child I purchased this dictionary. [as stated in listing its a slightly older publication- but nonetheless]
Great buy..
on October 18, 2017
This came in handy in Spain. I was able to brush up on the basics so I could sound more like a local and less like a tourist!