Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 291 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on August 7, 2013
As a Spanish teacher, this dictionary is mediocre (but fitting to the price). You aren't going to get much, but for those who want a quick list of words, this is just fine. Most words only give 1 or 2 translations... Ex.) "to move = mudar, mover". No explanation is given as to specific meanings of each, however. (mudar = to move to a new place/house) Another problem is that the dictionary does not indicate whether each noun is masculine or feminine, so this would be a problem for beginning level students since they aren't strong on patterns corresponding to gender.
on March 12, 2016
I started volunteering for an ESL class and found that they were sorely lacking an English/Spanish Dictionary. The classes were predominantly Hispanic. These dictionaries are simple, large print, easy to carry around and cost about the same as rummaging through thrift stores. They were greeted with enthusiasm and the students still use them from their beginners class onto intermediate, to refer to.
on April 10, 2016
This book I give a Dunce Hat to the writer. they have the word graveyard,but not funeral.They have the word rape, but not the word stranger, they don't have the word court, they have the word verdict but not the word guilty. they don't have the word suspect. they have holidays but they don't have easter. they don't have forensics, they don't have advance or retreat, they don't have spy, they don't have attorney, or autumn, orassistant, or ballif,or found, or frozen,or freezing, or full moom, or glasses, or happiness, or gun, or heard, or heartbeat, or haunt, or headboard, or homeless, or ice cream, or icy, or inventor, or jewish, or barefoot, or bathroom, or bedroom, or blood pressure, or pocketbook, or briefcase, or breaking and entering, or consistently, or coward, or coprit, or computer, or computer operator, or Christmas tree, or Christ, or cruise ship, or lease, or living room or lightning, or loan, or license, or lock, or lottery, or lover, or linguist, they have machete and machine gun, they don't have teddy bear, no missing, no motion, no moonlight, no nightstand, no other definition for news, no decective, no dying, no dolphin, or discriminate, or other defiant.for doll, or dove, or dryer, or enter, or everywhere, or eyelash, or eyebrow, or feet, or other defin,for fish, no fishing boat, or flamingo, no forever,no foggy,no strong,no nomad,no northerner, no not guilty, no nurse, no owner, no ownership, no pillow, no rain storm, no receptionist, no rooster, no room, no replay, no reporter, no replica, no robbery, no rob, no run, no row boat, no rug, no roof, no scared,no seashell, no seahorse, no sleeping, no soft, and many many more, I would like a refund. Cynthia Lynn Reyes 8 Green SpringLane Fairview NC
on September 26, 2013
I suppose this is one of those instances where you get what you pay for. I started learning Spanish a few months ago, and bought this dictionary when I embarked upon my first full length book in Spanish -- a translation of the first Harry Potter. Being so new to the language, I knew I would encounter the occasional word with which I was unfamiliar and wanted a fast, easy, cheap dictionary I could keep right beside me while I read. I tried using an app on my iPad, but it kept going into sleep mode, so an old-fashioned dictionary seemed like a better option. I thought this would fit the bill, but it does not contain at least 60% of the words I try to look up in it. Remember, it's not a translation of War and Peace I'm trying to read! It never occurred to me that any dictionary, even the cheapest one, would be so inadequate as to be lacking the vocabulary of a book written for 12 year olds.
on December 25, 2016
Purchased this for my sons 9th grade Spanish class, with it and his hard work studying he has straight a's.
on March 11, 2017
useful for spanish class student
on December 10, 2014
I gave it as a gift to my Spanish speaking friend,,who does not speak English. She was very happy to get it.
on October 26, 2010
I purchased this dictionary to assist in my beginners Spanish course and surprisingly many basic words were not included in these pages.
Quite often, words that were included were misleading in explanation as well. Luckily, I have a language translation application on my phone which helped more often than this book ever could.
on August 7, 2013
I found I needed a much more "basic" Spanish/English dictionary for use on my mission trip so did not use this one, but am keeping it for future reference. I probably needed a pocket one, nut did not want super small print. Next time I will find out more specific information of my needs before ordering.
on May 29, 2016
This dictionary is perfect for my needs. I am in Spanish 1 and sometimes all of the words from my textbook are not defined in the textbook itself, so this is a great supplement. It is not a HUGE dictionary but I have not come across a word that I have not been able to find in this dictionary yet. There are two ways to search for words. English to Spanish translations and Spanish to English translations. The dictionary is easy to understand and I think that it will help me throughout my undergraduate studies. I highly recommend this to anyone who is taking a Spanish course or just wants to have a better understanding of the language.