Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on January 3, 2015
I wish they had a 'no star option' because this thing should not be allowed to get one at all.

This dictionary was simply missing words. It's not even complete enough for a kindergartener to use. I purchased two of these book because it was mandatory at my children's private school. This is the dictionary the principal required. However on every weekly list of words at least one of them was not in this children's dictionary.

It was a complete waste of money and frustrating to use. I guess the new world won't be very literate according to Webster's New World Children's Dictionary.
on June 13, 2017
Great first dictionary for my Kindergartner. Easy to use
on December 29, 2013
Excellent dictionary for 9 year old grandson from this adult's point of view. I did quite a bit of research before I chose this dictionary. I think it is the most comprehensive and therefore, the best of the lot for middle aged schoolers. It is what he wanted and appears to be happy with it.
on April 11, 2013
I use a dictionary in my work with dyslexic children every day, and provide a dictionary as part of a take-home kit. I have researched a great number of dictionaries myself, and I am a part of a network of over 500 professionals, who have all done their own research looking for the ideal dictionary for this job. We all agree that tis is the best one by far.
on February 21, 2014
I think this is a perfect dictionary for early elementary. The short definitions are wonderful and the pictures are great. This book is more for fun for little ones to look through and learn. Also to start practicing alphabetizing and looking up words. However now that we are in the third grade there are, more often than not, words we want to look up that are not there.

We don't find the book too heavy as we simply put it on the table and flip through when we need to look something up.
on January 24, 2017
Very helpful.
on March 7, 2016
Every child should own this dictionary. After finding out that my 5th grade sister didn't know how to use a dictionary since kids these days look everything up on the internet, I quickly went out and ordered this. She has now learned how to look up words in a dictionary!
on May 7, 2011
It feels weird rating a dictionary but I have actually seen a bad one :-) I bought this for my son several years ago and it is very useful. My poor neice is always having a hard time spelling words and then can't find them in her dictionary! How useful is that. I tried to go through it once to give her rhyming words, there were so many words from the English language missing! I'm not sure who that book was published for (I will review it next because Amazon sells it). I ordered this one for her recently and now she is on track with homework (when she is cooperating to complete it...kids.

This is a good child dictionary.
on November 22, 2013
These children's dictionaries are great. They work well to coincide with our curriculum and the children really enjoy the pictures.
on March 18, 2015
Couldn't beat the sell price. There were several pages ripped in the front but easy taped. In the discriptiin it did not read that that was a possible defection. Not all words we have looked up have been in this dictionary. For $4 including shipping not bad introduction dictionary.