Weck 742 Mold Jar - .5 Liter, Set of 6
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||13.6 x 9.3 x 5.2 inches|
|Capacity||19.6 Fluid Ounces|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Includes, 6 jars, 6 glass lids, 6 rings and 12 clamps
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Weck Mold Jar Combo Pack
Weck 744 1/2L Tulip Jar Set of Six - 16.9 Ounce
6 Mini Tulip Jelly Jar with Glass Lids 6 Rings and 12 Clamps
Weck 975 1/4L Cylindrical Jar Set of Six - 11.5 Ounce
Weck Jars - Weck Tulip Jars 1 Liter - Large Sour Dough Starter Jars - Tulip Jar with Wide Mouth - Suitable for Canning and Storage - 2 Sourdough Jars with (Jars, Glass Lids)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon or get Fast, Free Shipping with Amazon Prime||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||JD Premium Suppliers||JD Premium Suppliers||KINARA||Lorandoscare||KINARA||Jartastix|
|Color||Clear||Clear||Clear||762 Tulip Jar||Clear||Transparent|
Weck 742 - 1/2 L Mold Jar Includes: 6 Jars, 6 glass lids, 6 rings & 12 clamps. Height: 4 1/8" Opening: 3 7/8" Volume: 19.6 fl oz. Dishwasher and microwave safe.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. These Weck jars are straight-sided with no inward-curving "shoulder" near the jar's mouth where splattered starter and flour tend to collect in non-straight-sided jars, inviting bacterial contamination, making clean-up harder and limiting visibility.
2. These jars are straight-sided, but shaped not like a straight-sided cylinder but instead like an inverted truncated cone: The mouth of the jar is substantially wider than the jar's base. The result is a jar in which it is easier to pour contents (e. g., water, flour and starter) straight to the jar's bottom, avoiding spillage and splashes onto the interior sides. A woman's fist might fit easily into some straight-sided cylindrical jars, but not my hand or the hand of most adult males. With these Weck jars I have no difficulty reaching inside to allow me to wipe the interior walls of the jars clean for good visibility of the jar's contents at all times: A very desirable feature.
3. The 0.5 liter size is a good compromise-- the best I know-- for the purpose of making and storing sourdough starter: Not so big that it robs precious real estate from the interior of the refrigerator when stored, but not so small that only impractical limited volumes of starter can be inoculated and developed over time.
4. The price is reasonable: Not dirt cheap but very reasonable in my view.
You can't beat it. If you find something you think is superior for this purpose, please tell me and the rest of the world.
In Florida we always fight tiny mealybugs and such, so these are great to store the remnants of an opened bag of cornmeal or pasta. (it helps to freeze any grains for a few days before opening, then use and store)
Top reviews from other countries
- amazing for sourdough starter
- easy to clean and get into, due to the wide mouth
- great for packed lunch i.e. pulled pork pasta salad
- work well for leftovers, or homemade sauces
Highly recommend will be buying more as 6 never seem to be enough :(
Personally I prefer these to mason jars in all aspects, I think the only difference is that mason jars are oven safe
Reviewed in Canada on October 15, 2020