Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 7, 2016
I loved this book so much that I gifted it recently to so to be daughter in law. I looked high and low for a book which would allow me to write original vows for others, based on their own beliefs, traditions and styles and this book served me well in getting the job done. Through this book I learned about everything I needed to know as a wedding coordinator and officiant. I certainly hope it serves my son and daughter in law as well on their up coming marriage. Without a doubt the best wedding resource on the market.
One person found this helpful
on September 15, 2012
As much as I typically love Daphne Rose Kingma's books, we actually found Sacred Ceremony: Create and Officiate Personalized Wedding Ceremonies more helpful. Both books begin by breaking down and explaining the various components of a marriage ceremony. Whereas "Sacred Ceremony: Create and Officiate Personalized Wedding Ceremonies" by Dayna Reid provides a whole "mix and match" buffet of components, though, "Weddings from the Heart" provides only a handfull of complete ceremonies. If you happen to be one of the four or five types of couples that Daphne Rose Kingma is targeting, you may find that one of her ceremonies speaks to you or can at least be used as a foundation for your own. None of them spoke to us.
2 people found this helpful
on April 22, 2018
Pretty old fashioned and not super helpful. Get a wedding ceremony to remember instead.
on July 16, 2015
This book is great. My husband used it to write our own wedding after it was recommended by our officiant. It gives lots of good readings and examples of vows and all the other aspects of a wedding. It also includes 5 full ceremonies. Between all those things, I was able to pull a lot from the book as well as include some parts that we wrote ourselves. It really helped us create a wedding that felt unique to us and our relationship.
on December 5, 2013
I officiate weddings for a large hotel in Jamaica, I have done over 1600 weddings so far. It was always difficult to find contemporary texts to use, many persons are not interested in the regular church texts.And especially most times the books I find are written in old English with old concepts and phrases no longer in use. I have found this book to be an excellent resources to help me plan meaningful ceremonies.
One person found this helpful
on June 10, 2015
This is a great book for anyone planning a wedding. It has good useful info on every aspect of everything that can go into a ceremony from a simple backyard barbecue to a full blown cathedral extravanza down to a quickie run to the courthouse. Nothing is missing. You can use this book to put together any wedding you want. You can use the words or modify them to suit your circumstances.
on January 9, 2015
Great book...very helpful. Will be using ceremonie ideas from this book. Beautiful!
on December 30, 2012
If you are planning your own wedding this is a great resource. There are so many good ideas contained in this one book. This book gave rise to more ideas that I would not have thought of otherwise. It isn't perfect - there are flaws here and there, but these are mainly personal. I love the sections where you can pick and choose from contemporary or traditional. This book does contain Christian-based ceremonies as well as spiritually-based ones.
on September 13, 2012
This book contains good ideas to help a person write a personal ceremony. Also contains some poems. This helped me write my own vows and will help me to write vows for others.
on January 18, 2017
I am a minister and this is perfect for the ceremonies that I hold. Love this book!