Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on August 30, 2012
"Wee Three" is a wonderful collection of poems that will inspire children's imaginations. These poems are written in rhyming verse and will delight readers of any age.

As a child, I grew up roaming the farm and spent much time playing and working outside, so I especially enjoyed the poems about plants and animals. These poems do a splendid job of evoking childhood memories, and today's children can certainly benefit from simple, old fashioned fun.

I loved the poem about chicken pox and realized that my own young daughters will never catch this once common childhood disease. It is these little things in life that can be the most important, and I believe that Ms. Bishop has captured the essence of childhood with this sweet collection. The poems are catchy and make reading them an excellent exercise for early readers. Most of the poems are relatively short, so even the most fidgety children can sit still to read or listen to one of these entertaining poems. Though short in length, these poems are long on content and are a great read for all children, or even adults who once were children. Check out "Wee Three", and you won't be disappointed!
on August 9, 2012
Move over, Shel Silverstein!
Marta Moran-Bishop's wonderful new revised and expanded book of poetry for children, Wee Three, combines the whimsical with the wistful, and the frequently humorous poems are sure to delight children, parents and grandparents alike. Her charming use of rhyme & meter captures the essence of childhood, while her verses remind adult readers of many happy memories of their own. This is truly a book for generations to enjoy, especially when they can enjoy it together! I had such fun reading this book, and I highly recommend it! It is sure to become a classic.
on August 9, 2012
This a beautiful book of delightful rhythmic poetry and prose. It is a fabulous choice for a special child, but I promise the adults will love the stroll down memory lane. A precious gem of words compiled through generations of the author's family. The love and care permeates throughout the pages.

WEE THREE is a celebration of childhood as seen through eyes we all once shared. I am particularly fond of MOTHER'S FLOWER GARDEN, CINDERELLA MOTHER, and SNOW MAGIC. The illustrations are fabulous works of sweet art. This book is definitely keepsake quality.

Bravo, to Marta Moran Bishop, I love this book!
on August 7, 2012
Wee Three: A Child's World
Marta Moran-Bishop with Helen Springer Moran
Illustrations by Hazel Mitchell

"Wee Three" is a charming and delightful collection of poems for children. Marta Moran-Bishop truly captures the voice and curiosity of a little child.

The detailed pen and ink illustrations by Hazel Mitchell, bring the text alive. Her lovely, delicate artwork puts me in mind of my favorite A.A. Milne books as a child. The watercolor on the front is colorful and full of sunshine.

"Wee Three" is the "Now We Are Six" of the 21st Century. I loved the poems and illustrations in this beautiful little book. My granddaughter, who is three, particularly loved "Upside Down Land". My favorites are "Lonely" and "When I'm A Lady".

This is a wonderful book to share with children and awaken their love of poetry. I highly recommend "Wee Three" for children of all ages--and adults who are children at heart.

© 2012 Dellani Oakes
on August 7, 2012
Curl up and read!

By Amanda M. Thrasher
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Wee Three: A Mother's Love in Verse (Paperback)

I purchased this book to read to my children; but I am certain they will read it to theirs. It is lovely and takes one back to simpler times. The poems are sweet and flow with ease. It truly is a curl up and read to the family book.
on February 15, 2012

on January 21, 2012

© 2012 Dellani Oakes
on January 13, 2012
Wee Three is a beautifully written collection of poems that managed to bring me back to my childhood, with memories of a happy, less complicated time. I've always enjoyed reading to children, and put Marta Moran Bishop's lovely collection to the test: an audience of two, one three years of age and the other, five. And though each had their favorites, the look of wonderment on their faces, as they listened to each and every poem, is the best endorsement a book could ever receive. Well done. Recommend.
on November 25, 2011
Wee Three
A Mother's Love in Verse

Bravo, to Marta Moran Bishop, I love this book!
on October 3, 2011
I love this book!! It is wonderful reading with your children and grandchildren, but you will love it for yourself. The delightful prose in this book is guaranteed to transport you back to the days of your own childhood! I highly recommend it!