- Product Dimensions: 16 x 20 x 10 inches ; 2.1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Shipping Advisory: This item must be shipped separately from other items in your order. Additional shipping charges will not apply.
- ASIN: B001DF68MA
- Item model number: 98101
- Average Customer Review: 708 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #28,829 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $15.53 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
WeeRide LTD Kangaroo Child Bike Seat
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Unique front-position child bike seat with ultra-thick seat and back padding
- Installs in front of the bike saddle to put your child in a comfortable, safe position (mounting bar included)
- Deluxe safety harness and oversized buckle system for maximum safety
- Distributes weight evenly for added stability when navigating corners.For children 1-4 years old,Maximum weight: 33 lbs.
- Adjustable foot holders and plush headrest; installs easily on most bikes
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Join the Revolution! WeeRide is a family bike company. We have some of the best products for families looking to get outside, get fit and have family fun!
WeeRide LTD Kangaroo Child Bike Seat
The ultimate in child comfort and safety! All the features of the Kangaroo Classic but with new colors and the added bonus of a two-tone, thicker seat, back padding and dash board as well as a padded shoulder harness. Also exclusive to the Deluxe is the deluxe safety harness with oversized buckle system. You get the same improved passenger carrying position of our Classic Center Mount seat with more child interaction and safer weight distribution. But we’ve taken it to a sofa level! The Kangaroo Deluxe is not only the most plush carrier we make, it’s the most comfortable bicycle child carrier made.
- New sleeker, contemporary design.
- Adjustable foot cups protect and support your child’s legs and feet.
- Now with openings in the footcups for added comfort
- Deluxe, two tone padded dashboard and seating area.
- 5 point safety harness with padded shoulder straps.
- Same safe, secure passenger position as the Kangaroo Classic.
- New mounting bar design for easier setup.
- Child is visible at all times.
- Child's weight enhances rather than impairs your bicycle's stability.
- Better communication between you and your little one.
- More comfortable, enjoyable riding experience for your child.
- Improved balance due to your child's central position on bicycle.
- Enhanced safety because your arms surround your child.
- Easy to remove for riding alone.
- For children 1-4 years old.
- Maximum weight: 33 lbs.
- 2 Year warranty
- Extra mounting bar available separately.
The ultimate in child comfort and safety! All the features of the Kangaroo carrier, but with the added bonus of thick seat and back padding as well as a padded shoulder harness. Also exclusive to the LTD is the deluxe safety harness with oversized buckle system. You get the same improved passenger carrying position of our Center mount seat with more child interaction and safer weight distribution. But we've taken it to a sofa level! The Kangaroo LTD is not only the most plush carrier we make, it's the most comfortable bicycle child carrier made. Item ships with one mounting bar. For Customer Care at Kent call 1-866-462-4535.
The ultimate in child and comfort and safety, the WeeRide LTD Kangaroo child bike seat offers all the features of WeeRide's popular Kangaroo carrier--including a unique carrying position and adjustable foot cups--but ups the ante by adding ultra-thick padding on the seat and back and a padded shoulder harness. As a result, your child will be more secure and comfortable than ever while you ride across the countryside or to the grocery store. The LTD Kangaroo is an unusual child bike seat because it doesn't sit behind the bike saddle, as with most carriers, but in front of the rider. This puts your child in a safer position, where you can easily take note if he or she is upset.
The deluxe safety harness and oversized buckle system, meanwhile, will keep your child secure while giving him or her a much better view of the road and surrounding activities. Perhaps the subtlest yet most convenient feature, however, is the enhanced weight distribution, which keeps you from wavering while navigating corners or hitting bumps. The LTD Kangaroo bike seat--the plushest carrier that WeeRide makes--carries a two-year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the age and weight limits for passengers of the Kangaroo child carrier?
A: The recommended limit is 4 years old and 40 pounds.
Q: What is the minimum age for passengers?
A: The child should be able to support his or her own head with the added weight of a helmet, usually one years old. Please consult your pediatrician.
Q: What is the maximum height for passengers?
A: This is also dependent upon the height of the adult piloting the bicycle, obviously the rider needs to see over and reach around the passenger. A good way to judge the height of the passenger is to sit him or her on a bench and have the adult sit directly behind them. If the adult can see over and reach around the child, you should be fine on the bike.
Q: Will I have to alter my cycling position or pedal stroke when using the child carrier?
A: Yes, but the alteration is minimal. It's not a tremendous alteration of your cycling, but you will have to pedal with your knees slightly more apart than usual to avoid hitting the seat. For the short recreational trips you are taking with your child, this will be a very minor inconvenience in comparison to the quality time spent with them. If you are going for a long training ride you wouldn't want to subject your child to that, so the seat is easily removed for those rides.
Q: Will the child carrier fit my bike?
A: Wee Ride carriers will fit most bicycles: mountain, hybrid, cruiser, men's, or women's bikes. It will not fit to road bikes with drop style handlebars (rider is too hunched over) and downhill/freeride bikes (DH forks have legs that go up almost to the handlebars and the WeeRide mounting bar will restrict steering).
Q: What if I want to switch the carrier between two different bicycles?
A: An additional mounting bar is available separately. You can mount it to the other bike and switch the carrier at will.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis is sold as is.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even that would be sort of okay, because bikes generally move 90 degrees perpendicular to the ground without a lot of side to side movement except when taking quickly taking sharp corners, which you're probably not doing with a baby.
However, I set the bike up this past weekend and tightened the bolt down as hard as possible, then set my son (18 months old, 26 pounds) in the seat. As I was about to climb on, the bike shifted a few degrees to the side. Not much at all, but the little bolt can handle pretty much zero lateral force and the whole seat fell and went crashing to the ground. Luckily my son had his helmet on, which took the brunt of the hit, otherwise he would have had a serious impact right to his head.
Aside from that, when it worked properly, I did find the seat to be a good fit and I found that it didn't interfere too much with my riding posture. Although all that's rather moot if it falls of the bike with even a small amount of side force applied to it.
My daughter fit in it great and there is still plenty of room for her to grow in it. My daughter is 30lbs and 3ft tall, which is big for her age. What I like about this seat is that it has the highest weight restrictions so I am confident that I can use it next summer as well.
I have a bike trailer but I thought it just felt boring putting her in there and not being able to talk to her while we rode. I love having her in front of me on the bike and she loves it too. I thought that it would be difficult to ride a bike with her in front of me, but its not. I am 5'11" and was afraid that it would be very uncomfortable, but sitting down it really doesn't impair my ability to pedal or steer. With that being said, hills are definitely not fun with this, for the sole reason that in order to get up hills most people have to stand and pedal. Thats one thing that I have difficulty with, not being able to stand to pedal to go up hills. On the plus side though, I am getting a great workout trying to make it up hills while sitting down. :)
I would definitely recommend this seat to any of my friends. I think its a great product and my daughter loves it too. Just do yourself a favor and don't get your kid a helmet that comes to a point in the back, you will regret it as it jabs you in the chest.
Most recent customer reviews
Child loves to be able to see from the front.
Easy to Install
Stable ride since child is centered
Harness doesn't feel safe for older...Read more