Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 190 reviews
on August 4, 2015
This is an excellent organizer especially for first time parents. The first time you go through the checklist, you'll realize how behind you are (we only got this at 4 months), but it really helps you get on track for baby. The list of questions to ask your OB about labor and delivery were insanely helpful because I wouldn't have thought to ask more than 60% of them (side note: my husband and I research everything and like to be over-informed, and even then we didn't come across some of the important questions suggested in this book). Another example, there is a list called "packing for the big day" and it's the most thorough list I've ever come across (in comparison to lists on baby center, the bump, and other internet searches). Overall, very well thought out and organized. The only downside (and I'm being super picky here), you'll have to put some extra sticky tabs because the book is divided into 5 sections, but each section carries so much information that it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for if you're in a rush.
on July 22, 2017
This was one of the most helpful books I purchased the first time I was pregnant. There's enough to stress about, but this organizer helped make sure I took care of every detail before my baby arrived. I was very disappointed to see it's now out of print for baby number two. It seems less like a keepsake and like a thorough scheduler and organizer than other books currently available.
on April 24, 2014
This appeared to be a little less frilly and more down to earth than most of the other over-the-top, cutesy journals available seem to be, and it is. It was still just not quite what I expected, or was looking for.
Pros: spiral bound, fill in the blank, good starting point for information about interviewing care providers (during and post pregnancy)
Cons: non-customizable, it would be nice to have the option of switching out pages; not enough places for pictures, either ultrasound or belly, and not enough blank pages for daily/weekly thoughts, but way too many pages of interview records for OB, midwife, doula, etc. for my personal journal. I could just rip out the pages I don't need/want, but the option to add different or blank ones would be nice. I don't want to buy a book and throw half of it away.
Overall: A lot of good questions for you to think about and ask others as well as yourself, with a fair amount of generalized information about pregnancy included.
on May 5, 2013
My first pregnancy, things seemed to fall into place and I suppose because I was a bit younger - I did not really know what I was getting myself into :) BUT this time around I know all the hard work and preparation that can be involved in readying yourself for life with a new baby. Throw into the mix the fact I have ADHD that I discontinued the medication for when I started trying to conceive and you have one messy head! I am so happy I found this organizer as it really has helped me sort out the remaining 6 months with a calendar you tailor to your own due date so at a quick glance you know how far along you'll be on such and such a date to make planning ahead for gestation specific tests, birthing classes, when to start kick counts, appointments, etc a relative breeze! :) I can't recommend this enough as it seems to be the perfect guide for both women like me who are not naturally organized AND women that are and want to have a clear cut system to fit in with the rest of their life.
on May 14, 2014
I loved this planner so much the first time that I bought another one for my next pregnancy! Great for taking notes on appointments, has good questions for asking potential providers, and has great charts and checklists for getting ready for baby. Just don't expect a pregnancy diary. It doesn't have weekly note spaces.
on July 11, 2009
I was lucky enough to come across this organizer very early on in my pregnancy and have since recommended it to all my preggo friends and co-workers. Not only is it chock full of wonderful features, it is also nice to look at. Mind you, this is not one of those pregnancy journals with blank pages to record thoughts/feelings about your pregnancy and pictures of other people's babies - this is a simple, elegant and extremely useful ORGANIZER. Just wanted to make that clear so folks are not disappointed if they are expecting something else.

I am a pretty organized person to begin with, but I truly believe in "pregnancy brain" - so this organizer was a godsend when often times I couldn't remember what day of the week it was! It is divided into 6 sections: intro, healthy start, prep for baby, prep for childbirth, at home w/ baby and resources.

Intro - my favorite features of the organizer are in this section: the checklist and the calendar. I can't tell you how many times I referenced this section! The checklist is a to-do list in a timeline format split out by the weeks of your pregnancy, it helps to keep track of things like when you should sign up for childbirth classes, etc. The calendar was a great place to keep track of all my appointments, classes, tours and when to take my belly photos. :)

A healthy start - the features I used most in this section were the pages for pre-natal visits and the weight gain chart. The pages for the pre-natal visits have lines to note your questions for your care provider. This was great, particularly in the earlier part of my pregnancy when my visits were 4 weeks apart. If a question came to me randomly, I would jot it down and by the time my next appt came around, I had a whole list of questions for my provider. It really helped me make the most of those visits. The weight gain chart let me check at a glance whether I was on-track. I just make a little star next to the measurements that were taken on the medical scale vs. one at home, since there was some variation.

Prep for baby - I used the shopping list and thank you notes list the most. I also got Baby Bargains, 8th Edition: Secrets to Saving 20% to 50% on Baby Furniture, Gear, Clothes, Toys, Maternity Wear and Much, Much More! (another wonderful resource) to decide what to put on the registry, then recorded details about each item in this organizer. It was so helpful when I was in the store on on the website adding items, since everything was right there.

Prep for childbirth - the pages set aside for taking notes in childbirth prep class were really helpful, since I was able to keep all my pregnancy-related info in one place. The packing checklist was comprehensive and I had everything I needed in my hospital bag. There is a part called Childbirth Memories - a tip - definitely jot down as much as you can as soon as you can because you'll be amazed at how fuzzy your memory gets with all that sleep deprivation.

At home with baby - I purchased the companion organizer by these authors - The Essential Baby Organizer: Birth to One Year (The Essential Organizers)- so I haven't used this section as much since the other one is so comprehensive.

Resources - A ton of great websites and books are listed in this section, I also jotted down other websites in the margins as I came across them. There is also a handy plastic pocket inside the back cover, I used it to keep information that my provider would give me at visits.

The organizer is a good size, small enough to fit in my work tote (and could stash a pen in the spiral binding). The binding also allows you to flip the cover all the way open. Seems like a small point, but when you use it as much as I did, I found that to be essential. And it doesn't look like a frilly baby book, so I could pull it out while I was at work and it just looked like a cool notebook!

I highly recommend this organizer to anyone who is, plans to be, or knows someone who is pregnant. There is a lot that will be happening during your pregnancy - this organizer can store it all so you don't have to keep it in your head!
on January 3, 2013
I really liked this organizer. It's small, so it's easy to carry around. Because it is spiral bound, it's easy to hold in one hand and fill out with the other. It gave me a place to keep track of all my doctor appointments, questions for my doctor, daycare referals, items I registered for, shower gifts, insurance information, weight gain, potential baby names, etc. It contains a good checklist of to dos organized by month. It helped me prepare my birth plan and pack my hospital bag. It contains great questions to ask when interviewing pediatricians, day care providers, etc. My only criticism is there's only one form for each type of interview. If you interview more than one pediatrician, OBGYN, midwife, daycare provider, etc, you have to photocopy the pages and fill out the photocopies. They should include 3 copies of each form in the organizer. It also has a place to keep track of diapering and feeding post-birth, although I didn't use that. Overall, a great product.
on May 29, 2012
Awesome book! Keep track of all your appointments, contact info, etc. I love the page on what to ask the insurance company. Other pages include what baby stuff you need and your fav brand, with a section to write who bought you that gift. Also has sections on questions to ask your obgyn, and midwife. Another section to detail what happened in prenatal visits. Great chart on childcare options with pros and cons and costs. LOVE LOVE LOVE
on March 31, 2015
I got this book when I was pregnant the second time around. It had been 15 years since my first pregnancy and much had changed. I am an incredibly organized person and love to make lists. This organizer was my preparedness 'bible'. It was compact enough to carry around with me and sturdy enough that it didn't fall apart. The bonus for me was that the cover was normal looking, not green or yellow with little animals or bows or bottles. I felt like the adult I was when I was using it.
on June 19, 2013
When I first found out i was expecting i wanted a journal to keep track of all the stuff that was going to happen over the next 40 weeks. There are SO MANY options out there but they all were really...fluffly. More like a little scrapbook. What I like about this one is it has scrapbook qualities but also lots of planning tools and check lists. Such as questions to ask your doctor, midwife, potential daycare, insurance company, questions I hadn't even thought of. This just seems to me to be more useful. Also, it doesn't scream pregnant-lady, my husband isn't embarrassed to carry it for me.