Weider 2980 X Home Gym System
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 80 lb. Weight StackUp to 214 lbs. of Resistance
- High Pulley with Lat BarLow Pulley
- Chest Fly4-Roll Leg Developer
- Preacher Pad Ankle Strap with Handle
- Exercise Chart
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Necessary items they don't really tell you that will make it easier - a socket/rachet set 1/2 in and 5/8 I believe are all you need. Oh a a screwdriver for the tower covers that actually fits the self tapping screws properly (this was the biggest pain, w/o the right philips head, they tend to strip or be difficult).
- Space savings, it's compact and self contained.
- It does a decent amount of basic exercises.
- It looks nice..
- Nuts and bolts well labled and described in the directions.
- The weight resistance on the lower pulleys starts at like 58 lbs. It's probably not the best piece of equipment for younger people or possibly women. It doesn't go any less than that on the lower stuff so you may not be able to use it if you're not strong enough to start at 60lbs or so.
- If you're bigger than 6ft, it's probably going to be a little tight. I'm 6' and there are some exercises that I feel like I need some more room on the machine.
- The exercise chart is not specifically for this machine. Instead it's for a group of machines. You'll not be able to do more than half of the exercises listed.
Otherwise, it's a decent machine for the price. I paid under 300. It's certainly convenient and easy to use. I am able to get a nice 30-45 minute workout in the morning without any fuss.
Instead, I used the online form to request that they send me the blister pack 2 of three. I gave the product number and serial number and a very clear description of what was missing.
The response I received was astonishing. Their support representatives do not have access to a parts list, and are unable to fulfill a request for "blister pack 2 of three". They suggested that then only way they could produce the missing parts would be for me, the customer, to reverse engineer their bill of materials from the steps in the manual! This means, find the steps that had parts from blister pack 2 and build a list of the parts for them. I was flabbergasted.
I can't decide whether it is laziness, stupidity or malice. First of all, they should have access to at least the BOM for the machine in question. Secondly, it should be trivial for them to call someone and ask "hey, what's on blister pack 2 of three for the 2980x?". Perhaps it's the language barrier with the Chinese child who packed the box?
So, I went ahead and spent an hour putting that list together today and sent it to him. I hope it is accurate.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Takes a bit to put it together. Not as secure as I would prefer, the base is a little small which makes it a bit unstable. moves well, for the price it's quality is expected. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Evan and Rachael
I did not purchase this gym from Amazon the Weider 2980X Gym System> I bought it locally in the Caribbean where I live but I can recommend it to any women who is looking to... Read morePublished 4 months ago by mary
Only the lat pull down is smooth.The chest,quad,biceps are not smooth at all.Even without weight the exercise is very difficult because the wire and pulleys move so inefficiently.Published on May 11, 2014 by zmane
Well it's all cables. You do get a workout but how could you know that you had to work in the dark about how much weight you are lifting.Published on March 9, 2014 by Kirkacola
I often used Weider products and they has been always good. For the first time I'm not satisfied at all. Read morePublished on February 21, 2014 by Matrix
Warning this box is sooooo heavy it will take a couple of men to move it!!!! Otherwise this is a great, quality, heavy duty exercise system. Looks great, works great.Published on January 26, 2014 by CaroljPatterson
Its a nice gym to work out. I installed it with my wife, it was a bit challenging but we figured it out, including watching a video of the installation on youtube. Read morePublished on November 14, 2013 by Victor
I like it. It is a nice beginner set. It needs more options for selecting weights. Perhaps some half weights that you can throw on. Read morePublished on October 26, 2013 by RUDY
Very pleased with this home exercise machine. The price was right and was shipped to my home. It did require assembly but the directions were good. Read morePublished on August 30, 2013 by Ruth Stanford