Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Weider Total Body Works 5000 Gym
|Price:||$128.56 + $45.24 shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Full-body gym offers over 50 body-shaping exercises that strengthen and build muscle flexibility
- Four adjustable power bands for up to 50-Pounds of additional resistance
- Unrestricted cable and pulley system provides versatility and great range of motion
- Space saving design with convenient slide away technology for quick and easy storage
- 30-Day satisfaction guarantee, 90-day limited warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Weider Total Body Works 5000If you're looking for a total body workout regardless of your fitness level, the Weider Total Body Works 5000 won't let you down! This system uses your own body weight for natural resistance and can be used in conjunction with four adjustable Power Bands to give you an even more challenging workout. Plus, with the free workout guide, you won't find yourself bored with the same routine every time. When you're done, simply slide it away until next time.
| || |
Total Body Works 5000
| With over 100 body-shaping exercises, the Total Body Works 5000 helps you firm, tighten and define your entire body, while allowing you to increase overall strength and flexibility. The 5000 uses your own body weight, in conjunction with four adjustable Power Bands to give you a challenging workout, regardless of your fitness level. You can also add or reduce your workout’s intensity by choosing one of seven different incline settings available, and, when you’re done working out, it quickly slides away for easy storage. If you’re looking for a versatile, compact and effective workout system, the Total Body Works 5000 won’t let you down. |
Over 100 Body-Shaping Exercises
This versatile system offers 100+ exercises to define and shape your arms, shoulders, back, abs, hip, thighs, and calves.
Body Weight Resistance System
The 5000’s innovative resistance mechanism turns your body weight into natural resistance for a wide variety of exercises.
An unrestricted cable and pulley system gives you greater versatility and greater range of motion, allowing for a wider variety of exercises that strengthen muscle and increase flexibility.
Four Adjustable Power Bands
These durable resistance bands increase weight resistance beyond your own body weight, giving you up to 50 lbs. of additional resistance.
Easily increase or decrease the intensity of your workout by simply changing the incline of the Body Works glide board, giving you seven, easy-to-change incline options.
Space Saving Design
This Total Body Works 5000’s convenient slide away technology allows for quick and easy storage.
Learn which exercises focus on what muscle groups and how to properly perform specific exercises, along with additional exercise suggestions, with this helpful workout guide.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I've been using a Total Gym 1000 for a few years. I used it mainly for doing pull-ups. At the highest incline, I had to pile on 85 lbs. of metal weights to get enough resistance for a decent workout. On a good day, I could still do 22 reps. I get a much better workout on the Weider 5000. I can only do 11 reps of pull-ups on the Weider 5000 with 4 resistance bands & maximum incline. That's a much better strength builder. My only complaint with using the 4 stretch bands is that I tend to gradually pull myself off the rolling platform while doing pull-ups with the 4 bands attached. I don't have that problem while doing seated rowing. I guess I'll have to bungee myself to the platform. :)
The incline changes are also easier to set on the Weider 5000. The pin is spring-loaded and snaps into place whereas the pin the Total Gym 1000 has to be pushed through 2 holes while you're holding up the bulk of the machine. It's a pain compared to the Weider 5000.
I calculated the resistance settings of the 8 incline positions. Since it uses a percentage of your body weight, I placed a bathroom scale at the squat platform and divided that reading by my body weight. (185 lbs.) The following should be very close to what you can expect your resistance to be:
Position Percentage of your weight
8 ---------- 55%
7 ---------- 50%
6 ---------- 45%
5 ---------- 40%
4 ---------- 35%
3 ---------- 26%
2 ---------- 18%
1 ---------- 5%
Keep in mind that you can add from 12.5 to 50 lbs. of resistance with the 4 stretch bands. I still use dumbbells for curls and presses but I use the 5000 for everything else. I give it 5 stars for price, design and ease of use. BTW my 7-year-old grandson loves it. He wants one. Maybe for his birthday?
1. Workout is brutal. Love it. The ability to go from 1 work out to the next keeps you going and burning.
2. The bench is slimmer than my old total gym which means i can get less intereference when swinging my arms.
3. I'm 6'1" and i am able to get a better body extension on this machine than the total gym
4. The handles are removable unlike my old total gym so i can hook the cables to a single bar if i want.
5. For the price it does accomplish what its supposed to so far. The build is not as sturdy as te total gym but it holds up to my workout.
1. Havent been able to get in a good calf workout. Have positioned my feet on the outside edges of the foot panel but cant do one legged calves in 'he center because the foot plate is too close to the bungee hooks. So your heel cant fully stretch downward, weider shows a calf raise on the chart starting from a flat foot position. To me this is not a good calf workout. Please let me know if you have been able to get a good one in and build mass.
2. The foot bar for hamstring pulls is not angled correctly and i solved this by moving the pads the the upper bar and hooking my ankles over that. That was pretty grueling but you have to be careful not to fully extend or you may lose your grip.
3. The rollers are not smooth. As i roll up and down the rails it feels "bumpy." this had decreased during my use somewhat and is easy to ignore. I may order the replacement wheels as they dont seem very high quality or may have warped. It doesnt impede my workout but can be slightly annoying when my head is on the seat as it bounces.
4. When you receive it double check that all bolts are actually sufficiently tightened. My frame was a little wobbly until i did this.
Overall i am pleased and once i solve the calf workout question and possibly replace the rollers i think i will be ve happy with this piece of equipment. Amazon did a good job getting it to me.
I'd let the box sit for over a week just because I feared having to wade through missing parts and complicated setup. Nope. Everything was already assembled save for a couple pieces and it was ready to go in MINUTES. That alone deserves 5 stars. I'd bought other workout machines and at least 3/4 of them came with missing parts.
Second, the machine itself:
Don't waste your money on the Total Gym. Weider shows you how simple this machine really is and owners of this machine will shake their heads at those that paid premium money for the Total Gym. I think someone else mentioned that the railing could use a little oil to avoid noise but, as is, the machine works exactly as advertised. I have found it difficult to both get seated AND grab the handles but that's not a failure of the machine as much as it is a matter of getting used to it.
It can fearlessly handle close to 250-260 pounds (myself + added weights) which is a big plus. I find the exercises a bit too easy as I've spent years in the gym, but you can work around this by working on single arm pulls and such.
I could use a more advanced machine due to that issue but I knew that going in. This is a great machine, in my case, to help strengthen the areas that I'm not super strong in (some core, endurance, situps, etc.).
I've also used it as a regular incline bench with my dumbbells and have been happy with that so far. It's not perfect, but coming in at under $130, it's a reasonable investment.
The sliding does make it more enjoyable as well. Anything that entices you to work out is a plus in my book. It's not built like a $1000 machine but for the price, I'm completely satisfied with the value of the TBW.
Most recent customer reviews
Very heavy Duty and well made! Easy to set up and use. easy to adjust.Read more