Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on July 9, 2012
A nice purchase. Sturdy and should last a long time. Took about 2 hours to unpack and assemble. Only had one hole that was tough to get bolt through, tapped with hammer and no problem. As with all assembly required items, make sure you look at the drawings and use the bolt it calls for. If it says don't tighten, there's a reason just follow what it says. The tools provided will work but using your own tools will be much easier.

Little bigger footprint than expected. Pull up bar is the widest point and is 49". To drop the dip arms out of the way you need about 57" from wall to front of base.

Our main use is for doing P90X and P90X2 (Yes, there's enough clearance to do crunchy levers). I hated the doorway bars. They work but you have to bend your legs and 36" doorway fells constricting. The resistance bands offer plenty of resistance and seem to offer smooth resistance. Have to see how they age. The dip bars are a little wide. If your small you might have problems. I'm not a big person (5'-10") and it only took a little getting use to the positioning.

I was missing a set of resistance bands. Called the toll-free number listed on manual and was on hold for maybe 10 minutes before I was helped. Customer support was pleasant, attentive and helpful. They registered my machine over the phone and shipped the missing bands. Bands arrived in about 8 days and everything is great. If you are missing parts, make sure you have your serial number, model number and key number of part from the exploded drawing in manual. Aggravating that the bands where missing but it was so easy and quick to get them replaced that it was almost a nonevent.
on April 2, 2012
This equipment arrived 2 days after I purchased it and shipping was free. I never assemble anything like this before. I assembled by myself so it took 6 hours to finish. The shipment comes with assembling tools so I just used that. I'm sure if I had someone helping me and with better tools I would've finished it in 2 hours like other reviewers mentioned. The instruction manual has very clear directions to assemble the parts. All the parts were labeled with numbers so when the manual illustrate which parts to use, I can easily know which parts they were talking about.

So far everyone in my family like this machine. My old parents like it too; although they can't do pull ups,they still like to do biceps work out with this machine. My floor is wood so I had to buy a mat to place under the machine so it won't move when I work out.
on April 11, 2013
Really eliminates about 50% of this machine's functionality. I am 6ft tall and my shoulder width is about 25" to 26". The bars for the dip machine are 36" apart so it makes it extremely difficult to do dips. The pads for the knee raise are also too far, I can make it work but it is a streach, my wife however cant use it at all.

It is a very simple fix to this design flaw for the manufacturer, they should have done some research and modify. Had they fixed that, I'd give it 5 stars.
on October 21, 2013
The resistance is so natural. You can do all exercises standing up. No matter what you have done in the gym you can do it on the Weider X Factor. It helps out so much with my jiu jitsu training. It lengthens and stretches the muscles. No more pulled muscles using free weights. It is a very controlled workout and it hits all the stabilizer muscles which means better tone and a stronger looking body.
on May 17, 2014
I love this home gym! Fairly easy to put together, 3 out of 5 difficulty. I would like the pads and hand grips to be a bit more heavy duty, 5 stars if they were. Fits in a corner perfectly, unlike the towers that have a wee punching bag on them. If your into martial arts this is an excellent piece off equipment. I'd buy it again 100%.
on January 8, 2014
The bands and the pull up bar work perfectly. The only complaint is that the arms are too far apart to do dips. The pull up bar is shaped a bit funny, which makes pull ups and chip ups a little awkward if you're a shorter person. It's still a great nautilus machine.
on May 9, 2013
This is an excellent product to excercise all your body you can make a lot of movements excercises and your own routines because this product only have a excercises sheet, i bougth a weider x factor door dvd's to apply the toutines to be more effective, the product is resistent havy and taller but excellent for the propuses

100% recomended
on December 27, 2012
I bought this home gym for my fiance as a Christmas present, and he loves it!! He doesn't have time to go to the gym, so a gym membership would have pretty much been a waste of money... This gym was fairly easy to put together... it came with everything we needed to assemble it (bolts, nuts, washers, etc.)... It is very sturdy, sturdier than I thought it would be! I know it said it could stand up to 300 lbs, but I was still skeptic about it and I am very satisfied that it holds my fiance's weight, who is about 280 lbs and he can perform all the work outs and use every bit of this gym without it giving... I am still concerned about the platform, it seems like it could crack very easily, but it hasn't yet... I really like how you can attach the handles to any pully you want and combine the pullies for added resistance! The dip handles are pretty wide, which works great for my fiance since he has broad shoulders, and I can still use them, although it is a little uncomfortable, since I am quite a bit smaller than my fiance... The arm rests for knee and leg lifts are comfortable for me and him both to use... I am happy it came with two hand grips, but I wish it would have came with two ankle straps instead of one... It is taller than I thought (which is fine for my fiance, but I have to stand on my tip toes to grab it, which is no big deal), and it doesn't take up a lot of space at all... Overall my fiance and I are very satisfied and cannot wait to start getting into shape with this gym! I was very happy to find such a nice home gym for such a good price!
on November 25, 2012
The Weider XFactor Plus is a great home gym for its price. Its sturdy and provides a customizable workout. My only complaint with this home gym is the caribiner clips are weak. Easy fix though. All in all I would recommend this home gym to anyone who wants a full workout but doesnt have time to go to and from the gym regularly.
on November 28, 2013
Bought this because of the over front pull-up bar and dip station. I should have looked at the pictures closer. The dip station is a disaster due to the width of the bars.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.