Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 245 reviews
on January 28, 2015
I used to use the bathroom scale to weigh suitcases, which wasn't the easiest thing to do and I always wondered about the accuracy. Then for the return trip when I didn't have access to a scale, I had to remember about how much the bag weighed to start, and try to guess if I'd ended up with souvenirs or whatever that put the bag over weight. With this, it is easier to take a measurement and then decide to add or subtract things on the trip out, and then check the weight when packing for the return trip. It doesn't weigh much itself so I just throw it in the bag.

The weight seems to come in slightly higher than what the airline scales show, which I believe is due to the airlines giving customers a slight bit of grace weight before they charge.

There are 3 different modes for the weight measurement. One measures while you are holding it, like it would if it were a spring scale. That's fine if you can manage to lift the bag and see the reading or have someone else read it, which isn't always possible. Another mode displays the maximum reading which is probably useful for some cases, but you have to pull slowly or you get a spike that over states the weight. The third freezes the reading once it stabilizes. This is the easiest to use, since you don't have to look at the display while lifting, you wait for the beep, then look at the reading. Sometimes it does take a couple seconds to take a reading which could be a problem with heavy bags. If the weight is high enough that you can't quite get it stable, it will take longer to get a reading.
on June 21, 2016
This scale is really great. I actually used it on a recent trip -- it was my dad's one and then since it worked so well for us, we bought one recently for ourselves. It is compact enough to take on a trip. It is easy to use by attaching the luggage and then holding it to see what the weight it. You can't jerk it when you are weighing it as it can give you a false reading. It is perfect to take with you now with the limits in the weight for luggage as you don't want to have to pay the extra fees. So if you are in the market to purchase a luggage scale, you should consider buying this one. After using it for a trip, I was sold and bought one for myself!
on May 21, 2014
I weighed four suitcases plus two carry on bags before we left for the airport. When all six bags were re-weighed at the airport by the airlines every bag was correct to within 1/10th of a pound! I did the same on our return flight and again every weight was still within 1/10th of a pound and the Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital actually made the bags each weigh the 1/10 of a pound more than it actually weighed meaning that I still had a leeway of 1/10 of a pound that i could increase the weight by! These scales make it easy to adjust from one suitcase to another if one of your bags might be a pound or two or more off and you can adjust the bag before returning it to the counter for the airlines to re weigh them and then they'll be within the correct limits provided you don't go hog wild crazy with too many extra items! I most definitely recommend this item - just keep in mind that you do need to be able to old the scale and the attached bag in the air until the scale beeps that it has weighed the bag - less than 30 seconds each but you do need to or have someone who is able to hold that weight!
on December 7, 2012
I'm going to be as straightforward as I can with you in this review... In short, this scale is awesome!

So, our reason for buying:
My wife and I bought this for our honeymoon vacation overseas. We decided it would be a good decision to have it because we had no idea how many souvenirs we might bring back. After all, we didn't want to get caught paying extra baggage fees overseas. We had heard that European countries and airlines are more strict on the weight and size than in the U.S., which actually did seem to be the case a few times.

How it works:
The scale is incredibly easy to use. Simply pack your bag / suitcase and clip the scale around the handle. Lift your bag by the scale and hold it steady in the air for a few seconds - the scale will beep when it has determined the weight.

Note: It may be harder to lift heavy bags high enough off the ground, but I found that standing on a stool or chair made this much easier. It can also be a tad difficult to read the scale in midair as your hand might cover it, so hold it steady and wait until it beeps! If you're wiggling the bag every which way it is never going to beep for you. :)

Results:
The scale seemed to be quite accurate and we never had a problem at the airports. The weight was always close to what the airport scales reported for our bags.

Likes:
- Portability! It is way easy to take this thing with you on your trip.
- Accuracy
- Ease of use
- Handy item to let family and friends borrow
- Cost

Dislikes:
- None that I've found so far.

Story time:
This scale came through for us when were returning from Europe. My wife and I purchased a number of souvenirs, including several bottles of wine which is of course very heavy. In packing everything for the return flight we were able to pack one bag at a time, up to it's weight limit, then move on to the next bag. Had we not been able to do this we would have easily over-packed our larger suitcase.
on January 22, 2010
In today's age of luggage fees, everyone needs to travel with a luggage scale.

This one is not tiny, but reasonably small and comfortable to lift with, and extremely light. The buttons are confusing at first, but read the instructions, as the features (ie locking on the max weight) are handy.

We had two 50.0 pound bags coming back from our last trip - the rest in backpacks. Money or pain of opening your suitcase at the airport avoided.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 29, 2012
This scale is really bad. You need to hold the luggage much longer than other scales to register a weight. About 15 seconds. Does not sound like a lot, but with a 50lb bag it is a lifetime. Also, since the display is verticle, someone else needs to read it. When you put the scae down, it resets to 0.
on February 17, 2011
I have used this luggage scale for three different trips now and each time my luggage has been close enough to the weight limit of 50 lbs that I've needed a precise, reliable measurement. All three times it's given me different measurements when I re-weigh just to be sure. None of the measurements are even close, ranging between 48 and 56 lbs. This is obviously the difference between being charged and not charged for extra weight, so the inconsistency makes the scale useless. I've gone back to using my clunky non-digital scale, which is basic and more difficult to use, but at least consistent. A waste of money and time.
on January 25, 2015
Got this as a gift for my mom, who is a missionary. She's always taking suitcases full of stuff to Asia-- things people there need, or materials for classes she takes, stuff to give out to school children or kids at church. Then she fills the suitcases with handmade stuff she buys from local people, comes home and sells the stuff and uses the profits to send kids to college in the village where she works. She's ALWAYS .5 pounds under the limit in every suitcase now! No more shuffling at the airport (which is a pain in the developing world with 8 million people milling around hoping to get your seat on the plane).
on August 23, 2011
I was travelling abroad and didn't want to deal with the hassle of being THAT person that has to repack her bags to make sure the weight limit isn't maxed. I'm glad I got this! I used to have to hold a bag while being on a scale, and calculate the difference, which wasn't always so accurate b/c it's hard to read a scale while holding a 50lb suitcase (or more)...

This thing was a pain to use at first b/c there are a few buttons, and the instructions are useless - i still don't know what the lock/unlock feature means. What i do know is that once it's one, and i lift a bag up, it will weigh it within 15 seconds. if not, it just needs to be reset and then try again.

I do know that this was accurate b/c my bags made it (for the first time in the entire 20+ years I've been flying) where it wasn't overweight. If you physically can't hold up a 50lb suitcase for a minute or so - DO NOT GET THIS. You are physically holding a bag in the air on this little handled thing. This gets to be troublesome, so I would (I've got small hands a short as can be) lift the scale with my hands under it to hold it up (think lion king - simba) vs lift it from the top (like a weight lifter about to pull the bar bell up) - palms up - it was the only way i could hold a bag up without straining my shoulders and back.

worth the $ - easy to use once you get the hang of it.
on June 8, 2017