Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 25, 2017
Does that it is supposed to do, weighs luggage well. The screen is large and easy to read and the scale seems to be accurate too. I took away one star because it is just plain bulky. I ended up giving this to a friend who travels almost as much as I do and bought another smaller one for myself.
on January 22, 2010
In today's age of luggage fees, everyone needs to travel with a luggage scale.

This one is not tiny, but reasonably small and comfortable to lift with, and extremely light. The buttons are confusing at first, but read the instructions, as the features (ie locking on the max weight) are handy.

We had two 50.0 pound bags coming back from our last trip - the rest in backpacks. Money or pain of opening your suitcase at the airport avoided.
42 helpful votes
43 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on July 29, 2012
This scale is really bad. You need to hold the luggage much longer than other scales to register a weight. About 15 seconds. Does not sound like a lot, but with a 50lb bag it is a lifetime. Also, since the display is verticle, someone else needs to read it. When you put the scae down, it resets to 0.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on February 17, 2011
I have used this luggage scale for three different trips now and each time my luggage has been close enough to the weight limit of 50 lbs that I've needed a precise, reliable measurement. All three times it's given me different measurements when I re-weigh just to be sure. None of the measurements are even close, ranging between 48 and 56 lbs. This is obviously the difference between being charged and not charged for extra weight, so the inconsistency makes the scale useless. I've gone back to using my clunky non-digital scale, which is basic and more difficult to use, but at least consistent. A waste of money and time.
23 helpful votes
24 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on January 25, 2015
Got this as a gift for my mom, who is a missionary. She's always taking suitcases full of stuff to Asia-- things people there need, or materials for classes she takes, stuff to give out to school children or kids at church. Then she fills the suitcases with handmade stuff she buys from local people, comes home and sells the stuff and uses the profits to send kids to college in the village where she works. She's ALWAYS .5 pounds under the limit in every suitcase now! No more shuffling at the airport (which is a pain in the developing world with 8 million people milling around hoping to get your seat on the plane).
on August 23, 2011
I was travelling abroad and didn't want to deal with the hassle of being THAT person that has to repack her bags to make sure the weight limit isn't maxed. I'm glad I got this! I used to have to hold a bag while being on a scale, and calculate the difference, which wasn't always so accurate b/c it's hard to read a scale while holding a 50lb suitcase (or more)...

This thing was a pain to use at first b/c there are a few buttons, and the instructions are useless - i still don't know what the lock/unlock feature means. What i do know is that once it's one, and i lift a bag up, it will weigh it within 15 seconds. if not, it just needs to be reset and then try again.

I do know that this was accurate b/c my bags made it (for the first time in the entire 20+ years I've been flying) where it wasn't overweight. If you physically can't hold up a 50lb suitcase for a minute or so - DO NOT GET THIS. You are physically holding a bag in the air on this little handled thing. This gets to be troublesome, so I would (I've got small hands a short as can be) lift the scale with my hands under it to hold it up (think lion king - simba) vs lift it from the top (like a weight lifter about to pull the bar bell up) - palms up - it was the only way i could hold a bag up without straining my shoulders and back.

worth the $ - easy to use once you get the hang of it.
on June 8, 2017
fits description
on April 27, 2016
This was an amazing purchase! Got this as a gift for a relative who always travels. The reading is accurate and quick, and its comfortable in your grip. The packaging is small and easy for stuffing it back in the cabinet between trips. I love this product. Definitely would buy another, but i doubt we would need to since the other is working fantastic.
on July 30, 2013
I really wanted to love this device, especially since I do a lot of traveling, but when using it for the first time, I kept getting different readings: at first, my bag weighed 56 lbs., so I removed some items. Then it weighed 55 lbs, even though I'd removed several books and other heavy items - it should have been more than one pound lower. So, more stuff was removed, and when weighing again, the scale read 59 lbs.! That made no sense at all. Maybe there's a trick I didn't know to get it to read correctly, but I didn't have time to try to figure it out, so I returned it. Too bad - it was a great deal and seemed to be of high quality material.
on July 19, 2014
Gave this as a Christmas stocking gift. She loves it. She is an avid traveler (work/study) and this goes in every trip.
Easy to pack, specially needed on today's world of restricted baggage on planes