Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning biglittlelies biglittlelies biglittlelies  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 227 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 242 reviews
on January 22, 2010
In today's age of luggage fees, everyone needs to travel with a luggage scale.

This one is not tiny, but reasonably small and comfortable to lift with, and extremely light. The buttons are confusing at first, but read the instructions, as the features (ie locking on the max weight) are handy.

We had two 50.0 pound bags coming back from our last trip - the rest in backpacks. Money or pain of opening your suitcase at the airport avoided.
44 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2010
I was preparing for an international trip and didn't want the hassle of overweight bags at the checkin counter so I bought this. I weighed 5 bags with it, all under 30 pounds and on the 6th it snapped a screw. It wasn't being handled rough, just used as it was designed to be and not near its max either. I don't know if it was a lemon but it soured my experience, I won't use this company again (the one that made the product)
on February 17, 2011
I have used this luggage scale for three different trips now and each time my luggage has been close enough to the weight limit of 50 lbs that I've needed a precise, reliable measurement. All three times it's given me different measurements when I re-weigh just to be sure. None of the measurements are even close, ranging between 48 and 56 lbs. This is obviously the difference between being charged and not charged for extra weight, so the inconsistency makes the scale useless. I've gone back to using my clunky non-digital scale, which is basic and more difficult to use, but at least consistent. A waste of money and time.
on March 10, 2010
Air Weigh LS-300 Portable Digital Luggage Scale Best portable luggage scale I've ever purchased! Extremely accurate, lightweight and easy to use. Packs well too!
on May 24, 2009
I compare this scale with my bathroom scale, and I'm happy to say that it's accurate. I will be keeping this in one of my luggages from now on to avoid last-minute scrambling to re-arrange my luggage at the airport.
on July 29, 2012
This scale is really bad. You need to hold the luggage much longer than other scales to register a weight. About 15 seconds. Does not sound like a lot, but with a 50lb bag it is a lifetime. Also, since the display is verticle, someone else needs to read it. When you put the scae down, it resets to 0.
on January 16, 2013
It did not work. It started from 35.0 LB and did not measure. Also, it was very noisy. When i tried to weigh my bags, which one of the bags was even empty, the scale did not show me the weight of the bag and made very noisy sounds! I refunded it!.
on February 27, 2011
I fly Southwest Airlines a lot and we get to check in two free bags as long as they weight less than 50 pounds. I've had to pay $50 because my baggage has gone over, and not wanting to have to go through that again I bought this.

So what you do is you press the button nearest to the center first (without anything pulling on the bottom) and put the strap on the bottom and clip it over the handle of your luggage. You lift the luggage up by pulling on the scale (very nice ergonomic shape) and it'll beep (very loudly) when it has determined the weight. Actually, it'll beep more than once. It'll beep a lot until you put it down, because the weight keeps changing and it keep determining a new weight. It's not too bad, but I wish it would just do away with the beeping completely, as it's loud and irritating. But it's simple to use and now I can weight my luggage and ever packages I want to ship from the post office. Handy and worth the price.
on July 19, 2014
Gave this as a Christmas stocking gift. She loves it. She is an avid traveler (work/study) and this goes in every trip.
Easy to pack, specially needed on today's world of restricted baggage on planes
on December 8, 2010
I was looking for a scale to replace my current scale since it tricky to use sometimes and I can't use by myself and I finally another one.
Plus, this scale is small,pretty accurate and portable so I can take with me when I travel and not be guessing on my bags.
I love it!!