Top critical review
One person found this helpful
It isn't perfect, but it does the trick for the price
on August 5, 2010
I was looking for an inexpensive scale for weighing food portions at work or away from home that I could slip in my pocket.
- Small enough to fit in a shirt pocket.
- Fairly stable, displays both grams/oz.
- The cover acts as a small tray
- Like others, the batts were dead on arrival
- I have an accurate scale at home, so was able to make up a 500g mass to check calibration(which was pretty close out of the box), but it could be an issue if you had to buy a calibration weight.
While some find the size inconvenient, I use a tall water glass that fits the platform to weigh food. The glass, or whatever you use for a container can be somewhat larger than the platform as the display area is recessed below the platform. As such, I find the small size is more of an advantage than a negative.
For a few bucks, it's a deal, and pretty much does what it is supposed to.