Weigh of Life Scale
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Scale computes nutrient content of weighed foods for 11 important nutrients
- Great for dieters and others who lead health-conscious lifestyle
- Includes data for up to 1,000 common foods
- Calculates values for up to 10 individual portions
- Tracks daily consumption for up to four family members
Customers also shopped for
The Weigh Of Life Nutrition Scale provides nutritional information for nearly 1000 different foods. It is a user friendly product to enhance a healthy lifestyle. This scale was independently evaluated by medical and nutritional professionals, and rated as a positive dietary aid. This is great for dieters and others who lead a health-conscious life style
Though dietary requirements have changed drastically in the last 40 years, its hard for adults to unlearn poor eating habits that have been ingrained since childhood and make more health-conscious choices. This nutrition scale motivates dieters, athletes with stringent food requirements, diabetics or others with specific medical diets, and those just seeking to lead a more healthful lifestyle to meet their goals. The purpose of the scale is to educate home cooks on food values, helping them to make nutritious choices regarding ingredients and portion sizes.
The Weigh of Life scale comes with a code booklet of almost 1,000 common foods. Solid food rests on the scales glass plate and, when the proper code is entered, the scale computes the foods value for 11 important nutrients: bread equivalent, calories, calories from fat, carbohydrates, protein, fat, saturated fat, fiber, sugars, cholesterol, and sodium. The scale also performs simple weight calculations in grams, pounds and ounces, or volume for liquids, and a tare function weighs sauces or liquid items without factoring in the weight of their containers. For a dietary analysis of an entire meal, users can opt to display a cumulative total of nutrients after weighing multiple foods. Users can also manually key in values from restaurant-made or pre-packaged foods to find out if they meet or exceed daily portion sizes and totals.
The Weigh of Life scale stores and recalls totals for up to four separate people, making it a economical investment for the whole family. The 10-inch glass plate is dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning but the scale itself must be wiped down with a damp cloth. The scale runs on two AA batteries and is covered by a one-year manufacturers warranty. A portion of the proceeds from each sale are donated to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. --Cristina Vaamonde
Top Customer Reviews
I too tried to reach the company and would have been happy to pay for a repair, but was never able to reach anyone. This is a phantom company I guess and they apparently have no concerm about customer service. You are buying at your own risk.
In the garbage this will go. It was a total waste of money.
Select another brand scale would be my suggestion.
1) It's not very user friendly, at least not compared to other scales I've used. It will take some time to get used to entering codes and figuring out how to get what you want from it. I still find myself getting out the instruction manual all the time to figure out how to punch something in. I find that I have to keep both the instruction manual AND food code book around.
2) I find some basic foods don't have codes in the code book. Often I take the weight of a food (say a deli sliced meat) and have to do research on my own to find out how many calories and such are in that food and figure out what I want on my own.
I bought this scale in March 2007, never using it as a diet scale, only to weigh flour on when I'd bake bread / pizza. Only one who used it. Couple months ago it started to give me trouble by not showing the numbers correctly. Tried to see if it was a battery issue, wasn't. Somehow, it corrected itself and worked until now. Tried to see if it was the batteries again, though I knew they were good, but I was right, it wasn't a battery issue. Can no longer use it as the numbers don't fully show up.
Can't find anything on the company, will try the number on the back of the brochure on Monday. Can't say I expect anything to come of it since it's over the warranty period. Only thing I can think may be in my favor is I bought it on a MC and they extend warranties another year.
Don't buy this scale, there's a LOT of other good ones out there!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The display will quit on you after awhile as other here reviewing will attest.Read more