- Paperback: 268 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell (November 6, 1995)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0631199721
- ISBN-13: 978-0631199724
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,150,036 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Weighing Goods: Equality, Uncertainty and Time
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Back Cover
This study uses techniques from economics to illuminate fundamental questions in ethics, particularly in the foundations of utilitarianism. Topics considered include the nature of teleological ethics, the foundations of decision theory, the value of equality and the moral significance of a person's continuing identity through time.
About the Author
John Broome is White's Professor of Moral Philosophy at Oxford University.