- File Size: 126 KB
- Print Length: 32 pages
- Publication Date: March 5, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007HLMIG4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#2,721,301 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #7730 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- #10929 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- #10964 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
Weight Loss Terrorists Kindle Edition
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
1) The lack of character development. Considering that Anne's husband was kidnapped, I expected her to have a change of heart at some point. I imagined her working out Rocky style in the hopes of satisfying the kidnapper's demands. Sadly this did not happen. Anne's character frustrated me because she'd go from not wanting to exercise, to wanting to exercise, to not wanting to exercise again. She kept making excuses saying she "can't do it" and that annoyed me a lot. I was like, "dude your husband's kidnapped. Is it really such a bad thing to even try?" I know the police were a bit laxed when the investigation was ongoing and Anne was mad that they weren't taking it as seriously but it still annoyed me that she kept making excuses just to get out of working out and dieting. Towards the end of the story, I still didn't feel Anne transcend even after her bravery mainly because all I could remember was her on and off whining.
2) It lacked substance. To me it just seemed like regular story telling, one where all you can expect is the story going from point A to point B. Aside from that, Anne's on and off aversion to working out wasn't given any sort of depth. Maybe that's part of the reason why most of the time I just felt annoyed at her - it's like there wasn't any real reason for her stubbornness. Furthermore, the kidnapper's reason for kidnapping Mr. Kitts was a bit meh for me. I was actually expecting the kidnapping was just a ruse to motivate Anne to slim down. Apparently it's not. Err. The kidnapper's reason wasn't fully fleshed out so in the end I was left wanting more out of the story.
What I did like about the story is the overall theme. It had a lot of potential, even for a short story. I give credit for great ideas like that. And yes, I do think it lived up to its black comedy genre so I also gave credit for that.
By Redd Kaiman
An ebook copy was provided to me for review by the Goodreads Group We ♥ YA Books!
I was intrigued by the title, and happy to find a story with an intriguing plot line, backed by good psychological insight. Anne Kitt is a wife and mother who has let herself go after the births of her two daughters. Anne prefers her comfort in the form of food (a two-hour breakfast?!) and allows virtually any excuse not to exercise, even though she has home work-out equipment. Not until someone kidnaps her husband and gives her a deadline: lose the weight in six months or he dies!, does Anne confront the existence and the consequences of her excessive weight.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Loss
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Diets > Weight Maintenance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction